Increasing Shiny Rate for Long Time Players

BeDerpyAsYouCan

Now you might think this is a very stupid idea, but just hear me out aright? Ok so some of us has been playing for like years upon years and never once gotten a shiny no matter how many time you fish, breed, or encounter a pokemon. Why? Cause the chances are too low. So that's why I'm asking you guys to increases the chances of people who have played the game for a long time and doesnt the economy of other people (millions of pokeyens or reward points). I'm just sitting here getting older and still no shiny! Please, if not could at least add in a shiny charm like in pokemon x and y. It would so much nicer to have a shiny, even though shiny just basically means recolored pixels and no stats changes. PLEASE!

So my friend made an alt, and within 4 hours played time, he encounters a shiny Weepinbell.

uCSbkjx.png

Been here since Feb 2013, and nothing. (Shout out to those who joined before me and with no OT Shiny.)

Edited by linwe

This is not true, stop saying false things. Long time ago they explained there wasn't a long time curse system

They also never explained how things actually work as far as i know. Let's say i EV train some shit, that's one of the most "Boot like" actions on Pokemmo, so the system will think i'm a boot and lower my shiny encounter rate. Now let's assume the "curse" ends/lowers whatever in 2 days. 2 days later i'm EV training something else...RIP Shiny for me, and EV training is actually a pretty crucial aspect of the game ( sadly )...Maybe it's like this, maybe no. But in the end, why should i be punished for ACTUALLY PLAYING, be it EV training, Paydaying, catching breeders, by lowering my chance of encountering a shiny?

Also, "they explained". They also said that the encounter rate was the same as the games. And everyone knows how that ended. Trust someone is cool and all, but don't trust someone who has already played around with you is better

They also never explained how things actually work as far as i know. Let's say i EV train some shit, that's one of the most "Boot like" actions on Pokemmo, so the system will think i'm a boot and lower my shiny encounter rate. Now let's assume the "curse" ends/lowers whatever in 2 days. 2 days later i'm EV training something else...RIP Shiny for me, and EV training is actually a pretty crucial aspect of the game ( sadly )...Maybe it's like this, maybe no. But in the end, why should i be punished for ACTUALLY PLAYING, be it EV training, Paydaying, catching breeders, by lowering my chance of encountering a shiny?

Also, "they explained". They also said that the encounter rate was the same as the games. And everyone knows how that ended. Trust someone is cool and all, but don't trust someone who has already played around with you is better

That's better I wont deny a single thing u said cause most of them are quite right, but saying you're a bot forever is not right, I actually think this change for every time u log in, but like u said, no one knows but them

I talked to Bluejim about this and he had said the reason that more newbies encounter shiny because they have the majority of players. Basically he's saying there are more newbies than us, but really when they are singular, how do still have a better chance than us who played longer than them?

Is he a newbie then?

I'm not sure about all of this speculation. It seems more than likely to be false. However, something that is true is that every time you encounter a wild pokemon a chance is generated for the player to see a shiny. While a new player spends the majority of their time in the wild encounters while playing through the game, we veterans do money runs, duels, etc. and potentially have a much lower number of encounters. Also, bluejim is right. How many old veterans are there that regularly play? Maybe around 60, I don't know. Whatever the number is, there are far more casuals and new players.

Edited by bl0nde

I talked to Bluejim about this and he had said the reason that more newbies encounter shiny because they have the majority of players. Basically he's saying there are more newbies than us, but really when they are singular, how do still have a better chance than us who played longer than them?

some people are over 2k  / 3k hours and never found any shiny. We can imagine when you are a newbe you need to complete your dex, train your pokemons, catch them and of course run the 2 stories. Those things implies they encounter pretty much more wilds pokemon than you. Myself i encountered 3 OT for ~2800 hours, it hapened allways during longs periods of encountering (EVing comps / Safari Catching / Payday).

The time played isn't an indicator of your probability to find a shiny.

Edited by Viking