The one and only PICKUP THREAD

PandaJJ

What level is the pokemon ( with pickup ability ) you use?

I use a lvl 100 Linoone, I think level does affect the items you get since I never got any normal Potions, only Hyper Potions.

And on topic, I've searched on many places and its so disappointing that we can't get PP Ups.

I use a lvl 100 Linoone, I think level does affect the items you get since I never got any normal Potions, only Hyper Potions.

Just to get this straight, did you use your lvl 100 Linoone to pickup items in locations like Route 1 / Route 2 where other ppl just found normal Potions?

Route 21 (tangela patch below pallet):

252 encounters

• Super Potion x3
  • Wiki Berry x2
  • Miracle Seed x4
  • Sun Stone x2
  • Super Repel
  • Max Repel x2
  • Great Ball x3
  • Mago Berry
  • Aguav Berry x2
  • Ultra Ball

I'm using Meowth for Pickup and Payday while EV training my Spoink, so I will probably have more information soon.

Edited by Hiraeth

Digletts Cave

Ether

Hard Stone

Max Potion

Repel

Pokeball

Great Ball

Super Potion

Will add more later, still ev training.... just didn't want to forget

Great job on your continuing work on this thread. I hope that once

it nears completion, it"ll be put in the guide section.  :unsure:

Edited by inesti89

Someone feel free to add Silverpowder to pattern brush drops. Quite fitting, I might add.

Also you can find Rabuta Berries in Pattern Bush.

Sharp beak in Canyon Entrance. 

Furthermore, I'd like to postulate that you can get Sun Stones anywhere during the Daytime, Are there any records of getting sun stones at night?

Edited by Goldeneyes

Never even heard of that berry.

Is pickup worth it?  Whats the best pokemon to use for it?

I think it's either Meowth, since it can use Pay Day, or Linoone because it's stronger. Honestly, for most of the items I've found and the rate at which I found them it's not really worth it. You'd be better off farming the money with the VS Seeker and then buying the items from other players.

(now that I think about it, i guess your net money with a payday+pickup-er is higher than if you farmed the vs seeker + bought things, but I meant based upon the time spent.)

My goal with pickup currently is to get all those rare berries that you can't seem to get otherwise.

I suppose you could use a pickup poke while you're hunting for pokemon like snorlax or bulbasaur etc. and just swap to the Hunter when they pop up. 

Edited by Goldeneyes

Im likely to see a pattern here, where you can find 1-2 kind of balls (poke + great for example), 1-2 kind of potions (potion+super potion i.e.), one or more 10% type damage item (black belt, charcoal, miracle seed...) , Repel of different kinds, rare item of location (mostly evolution stones, sometimes things like nuggets, everstones, etc) and a variety of berries. Some items seem also be there for fitting the location like the mushrooms at Mt. moon or pearls at icefall cave.

I feel like someone should take over and merge all this information into a guide. Panda will be inactive for a while, so he cannot keep up with this info.

I may do it, ask him for permission if you can?

edit: I'l work on it

Edited by KaynineXL

so far i've used payday like 60 times and not gotten an item, when i use slash, i've gotten items. i'm thinking you can't 'pick-up' if you use payday.

I get a range of 1-4 items using Payday 20x in a row with a 90+ Meowth. What level is your Meowth?

should pickup work when you are surfing? I feel like it doesnt

Pickup works fine while surfing. What areas were you surfing? I've really only surfed the back area

of icefall cave where Lapras appears and the items there rock.

am disappointed

[spoiler]

this is a sound byte of me right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A

rip smash

[/spoiler]

was expecting a dating thread that woulda gotten trashed and hidden. lots of coolio and think on alts and amanub hitting on grils and getting rejected by all but the crazies.

i cri

See, this is what happens when you kill off-topic, whole thing went full nerd...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I am going to close this thread and redirect people to the guide thread: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/57984-community-pickup-guide-find-tutor-move-items-here/ This will make things less confusing and the guide is completely up to date.

I would have messaged PandaJJ about this but I know he is currently on hiatus from the game, but I am sure he wouldn't mind as it would benefit the players more.