The one and only PICKUP THREAD

PandaJJ

Hey PandaJJ, since you've discovered the Pamtre berry I was wondering if you were willing to sell one of them?

I've tried asking around in game a bit, but I either get no response or I am told to check the forums.  It's not that i'm too lazy to go to farm for it, but I actually can't access that area as of now & it seems kinda lame that I have to beat an entire region for a single berry I only want 1 of.

The lack of tms on this list is disturbing. Did they get added to the frontier or something?

Tbh my motivation behind starting this was that I thought there would be items such as pp ups available, and seeing as they are not found yet, I'm also quite disappointed.

Route 13

Great ball , Figy Berry ,Stick

Lost cave

Silk scarf

Hyper potion

Mt. Ember(outside grass):

charcoal, hard stone, sharp beak, fire stone, super repel

Berry Forrest

Sitrus berry, Leftovers

Thanks a lot, added.

I think this should be posted as a small guide for reference instead of a thread in general discussion once you feel like the majority of things have been found.

I would have loved to put this into a guide, but due to current circumstances I am not able to spend any time on the game or the forum. I also feel that we would need a bit more drop info before making a guide, although we could of course just make a WIP guide.

Hey PandaJJ, since you've discovered the Pamtre berry I was wondering if you were willing to sell one of them?

I've tried asking around in game a bit, but I either get no response or I am told to check the forums.  It's not that i'm too lazy to go to farm for it, but I actually can't access that area as of now & it seems kinda lame that I have to beat an entire region for a single berry I only want 1 of.

The Pamtre berry has no use that I am aware of. If you still want it you could try to whisper me in-game next week, I might be playing then.

after 40 kills

Berry forest:

Leftovers

Lansat Berry

Miracle seed x2

Super potion

Sun stone

------ 40 more kills at night ------

grepa berry

super repel

leftovers

kelpsy berry

Cape brink:

miracle seed x2

ultra ball

starf berry

sun stone

Pattern bush:

hyper potion

ultra ball

great ball x2

Pokemon mansion:

0 items, perhaps confirming the doubt of different item rates based on location

Edited by TheGloriousWalrus

Lost Cave

200+ Encounters with 3- level 80+ meowths

NOTHING

Island Five Meadow/ Five Isle Meadow

Up-Grade/ Upgrade

Great Ball

Super Potion

Super Repel

Icefall Cave - Surfing

Kings Rock

Nevermeltice

Mystic Water

Pearl

Big Pearl

Super Potion

Great Ball

Water stone

Power Plant

Thunderstone

Magnet

Metal Coat

Light Ball

Super Repel

Great Ball

Super Potion

Edited by inesti89

Updated again. Thanks a lot to everybody who are contributing. I'm sorry it takes a while to update, I've not been very active lately.

Note: Gathering all information from this thread, the pickup rate has been experimentally confirmed to be 10%.

Walrus: If you found no items in the Pokemon Mansion, it might suggest that pickup does not work there. Otherwise, you need to gather a lot more data to assert that the rate is not 10% (typically a few houndred encounters)

As for Lost Cave, I'm not quite sure what to think. inesti claims he found no items in 200+ encounters, while BlueJim claims he found two items there. Perhaps BlueJim reported the wrong cave?

does pickup works with only killing encounters or can i just walk and it will pick it up alone?

also add these:
Mt.Moon : dome fossil

will edit for more

does pickup works with only killing encounters or can i just walk and it will pick it up alone?

also add these:
Mt.Moon : dome fossil

will edit for more

With pickup, you can just walk around. Killing others does nothing :)

you sure? i only got items after killing i think. Is it possible to pickup without finding a wild poke?

You must have a Pokemon in your party with the ability pick-up as your lead. Also, you must faint the wild Pokemon in order for the ability to work. 

Edit:

Make sure your Pokemon isn't holding an item or it wouldn't pick-up anything.

Edited by Hassan

I was farming Patern Bush with my Meowth and came across a Ledyba. Instead of killing him, I caught him and my Meowth found a max repel.

I guess you don't have to kill the pokemon for Pick Up to work XD

Edited by lamerb

// Came here for girls, stayed because of the actual topic.

So, since I didn't see anyone mentioning it:

What level is the pokemon ( with pickup ability ) you use?

I ask this, because I did some research on this topic when playing on an actual Emerald game on the GameBoyAdvance and there the level has influence of the item you may find.

Edit: Just read some changelogs about when 'pickup' was added initially, just gonna quote it: 

Pickup
  • Pickup is an ability which gives a small chance for the lead party member to pick up a random item.
  • Items obtained through Pickup depend on the map the player was training in.
  • Pickup will only occur during wild encounters, and can not occur during scripted events or Old Rod / Good Rod fishing.
  • For this update, Pickup is limited to FireRed areas.
  • Pickup can not occur if the lead party member is fainted at the start of a battle.

Link to the full changelog here

Still not sure if the level does influence the quality of an item ( in a given map / location)

// hope I didn't lead to any confusion, just gonna play some yellow flute.

Edited by Gorfalas