[MOD] Animated battle sprites from X/Y & OR/AS (Update 2016/08/24)

This mod replaces the battle sprites with sprites from X/Y & OR/AS.

At the end of this post you'll find 4 mods, because PokéMMO doenst support large mods yet.

facus26 fixed the gifs so you can use this mod without buggy gifs! thanks to you, facus ;)

Instructions:
go to mega, open the folder BattleSprites ORAS XY > latest
download .zip file(s)
place it in your pokemmo/data/mods folder 
start the game
click Mod Management
set desired mod(s) to active
Save and restart

Mega
View folder

Changelog:

Spoiler

v0.3.2

set summary scale to 1 (see change to summary scales here)

v0.3.1

fixed a strange dot next to Raichus tail (reported problem)

v0.3

+Added all versions of Unown (Front/Back, normal color)

Edited by GigoloimCabrio
Update

It works fine for me. I tried it. Bugs need to be polished out, but that is a known issue. Looks great so far! 10/10. tumblr_inline_mo11ajmGuP1qz4rgp.gif

edit: I turned off the other animation mod from other thread then only turned this one on. I like both, but I think you have to pick one or the other for a gaming session.

edit 2: the only thing that bothers me about gen 5 is blastoise cannon - they r too thin.need more thick like cannons(inb4 puns xD). gen5 It doesn't look like a cannon, it looks like a lightsaber handle or water hose.

009Blastoise-2.gif

tumblr_m3ve8lyEHY1rsxn5po3_250.gifthese cannons are more better imo. bulky and fat cannon = more water volume, more stronker.

Edited by bl0nde

okay cool i tested it while waiting for a response and it works great! Looks beautiful but it leaves trails while the animations move. looks amazing though

yeah, thats the "buggy part", we have to wait for a client update (maybe ill convert all images, but im not sure about that), meanwhile ill resize them to look more realistic (no giant caterpies etc)

I'm very impressed. Even with the lags this is what PokeMMO needs. This makes childhood me incredibly happy and I can't thank you enough for putting the time into this :D

[quote name="bl0nde" post="1125169" timestamp="1440521681"]

It works fine for me. I tried it. Bugs need to be polished out, but that is a known issue. Looks great so far! 10/10. [img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/f614a41e3520d60db982da38a113c4a9/tumblr_inline_mo11ajmGuP1qz4rgp.gif[/img]

edit: I turned off the other animation mod from other thread then only turned this one on. I like both, but I think you have to pick one or the other for a gaming session.

edit 2: the only thing that bothers me about gen 5 is blastoise cannon - they r too thin.need more thick like cannons(inb4 puns xD). gen5 It doesn't look like a cannon, it looks like a lightsaber handle or water hose.
[img]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140215021912/pvzcc/images/b/b1/009Blastoise-2.gif[/img]
[img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ve8lyEHY1rsxn5po3_250.gif[/img]these cannons are more better imo. bulky and fat cannon = more water volume, more stronker.[/quote]

I also agree with the Blastoise point, I'm more of a Venusaur guy myself but the three of them definately need some tweaking on badasserie.

I'm very impressed. Even with the lags this is what PokeMMO needs. This makes childhood me incredibly happy and I can't thank you enough for putting the time into this :D

you're welcome ;)

I also agree with the Blastoise point, I'm more of a Venusaur guy myself but the three of them definately need some tweaking on badasserie.

i could modify them but i want them to be the originals one, but you cant simply unzip these files and modify the gifs if you want 

First, thanks for all your work. I am downloading right now.

Constructive criticism: Your instructions need to be clarified a little for users: I'm not sure if both files need to be downloaded or just one.

I typed it out for you so all you have to do is copy it if you like it:

• This mod replaces the default battle sprites in PokeMMO with sprites from Pokemon Generation 5 X/Y & OR/AS.
  • Future updates of this mod will only replace the text files, so you don't have to keep re-downloading the largest file repeatedly.
  • Credit to facus26 for fixing bugged gifs. Thank you!

Instructions:
1. Click this link and download file v0.2.

2. Place the downloaded file into the /data/mods folder of your PokeMMO folder.
3. Start the game
4. Click Mod Management
5. Set the desired mod to active
6. Save and restart your game.

Enjoy!

edit: for some reason mega won't let me hyperlink your folder, you'll have to edit that in if you like the above format.

Edited by bl0nde