[MOD] Gen VI Sprites

SO, yeah. I was working on this mod the moment I found out about the new update. Unfortunately, someone beat me to it in terms of mod specifics xD Nevertheless, I'm uploading mine for people to enjoy  (maybe? lol i initially made it for my personal use) 

I worked on replacing all Items and Pokemon Sprites that had counterpart sprites in OR/AS, and this is what I came up with:

Spoiler

pGorLDf.png?1SH2XeNI.png?1

fYvZp0M.pngF9CPVat.png?1

g41voBB.png

Regarding the Monster Sprites (or the Party/PC icons), I tried to align most of them to the original Gen III sprite's position in order to fit in the PC boxes (Unfortunately, most of the Gen VI sprites were "tall" sprites so they couldn't  handle the box  fit inside the box). I also horizontally modified Steelix, Groudon, and Kyogre's body parts in order to fit the 32x32 sprite dimension. It seems that there's a rendering error when you go past 32 pixels.

41lyc4V.png

F70O9J9.png

kH762H0.png

BEFORE        |       AFTER  

As for the Item Sprites, it seems that most of the Gen III sprites were recycled for Gen VI, removing their "anti-aliased" characteristics, making them more visually appealing. Long story short, in Gen VI, they had pure black outlines.

Here's the link:
                Item icons: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptlrhlukqeo0lt8/Newb%27s%20Personal%20Item%20Sprites%20Mod.zip?dl=0

Pokemon icons: https://www.dropbox.com/s/08d6iiizmt4d6cm/Newb%27s%20Personal%20Monster%20Sprites%20Mod.zip?dl=0

Just download the .zip file and place it in the mods folder (which is found in the data folder).

EDIT: Reattached the Dropbox links, apparently the links were changed. I'm planning to upload these to a file-sharing site, maybe by next week.

Nice work but can you work on making animations for pokémons moves ? :D

Thanks.  :)  Move animations aren't moddable as of the moment and probably never will. The reason as to why the move animations are currently like that (i.e. Scratch/Metal Claw/Water Gun/Ember animation) is because the devs haven't implemented them yet. Don't worry though, they'll implement it soon enough.  :lol:

• 9 months later...

Yeah it'd be great to have all the battle animations implemented. as of now majority of the moves are just the curved cut animation. and moves like flash, and agility, thuderwave, etc have no animations at all. I can't wait to see them added. I hope they haven't given up on the game, it's a great fun game and it's done really really well.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...