Allowing Multiples Of Same Item To Be Bought At Once

NikhilR

Question

16 answers to this question

A couple reminders: Posts that consist of "I support this" or something of that nature are unacceptable. If you cannot think of anything else to add then use the "Like" button to express your support. If you disagree with the suggestion then explain why. Posts that are deemed to not have enough content will be removed.

Is it possible to get a confirmation that this is happening? I would rather not buy a three-digit number of vitamins like this again, thank you.

I cannot confirm anything is happening; you'll see it in future updates if it should become a thing. As it is right now there's no ETAs .

We cannot confirm anything is happening; you'll see it in future updates if it should become a thing. As it is right now there's no ETAs .

Of course you can. Other features that are going to be implemented (such as nidoran breeding) already have been. I didn't ask for any ETAs, just a confirmation. So to make sure, you are saying that this has not yet been decided to be implemented? I find it odd that no staff member has made any comment regarding this other than "please don't make pointless comments." 

Of course you can. Other features that are going to be implemented (such as nidoran breeding) already have been. I didn't ask for any ETAs, just a confirmation. So to make sure, you are saying that this has not yet been decided to be implemented? I find it odd that no staff member has made any comment regarding this other than "please don't make pointless comments." 

That's not right, first, usually new features are not announced before the changelog is here (unless we're having a PTS); second, I'm not saying that we're going to have it or that we won't - there's no confirmation about this yet, but when it does come this thread will get a [Confirmed] tag so don't worry about that. 

Furthermore, Nidoran breeding was a bug, that's why it was announced earlier.

That's not right, first, usually new features are not announced before the changelog is here (unless we're having a PTS); second, I'm not saying that we're going to have it or that we won't - there's no confirmation about this yet, but when it does come this thread will get a [Confirmed] tag so don't worry about that. 

Furthermore, Nidoran breeding was a bug, that's why it was announced earlier.

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. From your first comment it appeared as is if you were not allowed to reveal whether or not it was even confirmed.

On a second note, the fact that you can't buy multiple items at once is such a huge blunder from the developer's side that it should be considered as a bug. It isn't functional at all.

While reading through the "making bp trade-able" thread, I noticed that my write up for this suggestion is almost similar to the kind of suggestions that DS wishes to avoid, where I haven't placed any emphasis on the cons but I really can't think of any. If anyone else feels that there are cons towards implementing this, then feel free to suggest them and I'll edit it into the OP.  

This is an issue that's been going on for almost 5 months and while I may not be an expert at coding, I doubt it'll take a large amount of time. Buying / Selling vitamins has been a huge part of ev training or making money. Due to the time consumed just to buy each vitamin individually, I sometimes prefer buying through Celadon Dept store. This is even more worse when you have a bunch of UTs to ev train which means you have to multiply the no. of UTs into 50 vitamins, which means that many individual clicks / talking to the NPC. 

I think there's a huge distinction between players wanting gameplay mechanics to be easier (like eving, paydaying, etc) and players wanting marginal, superfluous activities like buying vitamins to be easier. The former is probably what darkshade was referring to when he called out the usual sugg box template, but the latter is what is being suggested here.

This issue is nothing more than a flaw in game design that should be fixed without question

I don't know why should one need to try to find cons in every suggestion. In a suggestion like this there is obviously none. Let's not pretend everything in the game is perfectly as it is or is that how you want us to believe. I'm surprised this wasn't added in last update, buying vitamins with BP is just unbearably annoying almost to the extent I don't wanna even use my BP for vitamins because buying them takes insanely lot of time.

I don't know why should one need to try to find cons in every suggestion. In a suggestion like this there is obviously none. Let's not pretend everything in the game is perfectly as it is or is that how you want us to believe. I'm surprised this wasn't added in last update, buying vitamins with BP is just unbearably annoying almost to the extent I don't wanna even use my BP for vitamins because buying them takes insanely lot of time.

on the side note of this, irrelevent of this, 9800 bp is 1 cb, 1 cb sells for +-200k on gtl, 10k tax is 190k 'profit'. 9800/200=49 49*3750=184k. you'd be stupid to buy vitamins with bp anyway. #ISavedYouTimeAndCreatedAnotherMoneySink\o/

It's promotion of something that isn't a money sink. Ofc they're going to nerf it, or keep it nerfed, in some way. 

If a staff member comes here and tries to argue that the inability to buy multiple vitamins at once is somehow a way to keep the economy in check by intentionally wasting our time, I will go ballistic*

*within the confines of our Terms and Conditions, of course!!!

Edited by Gunthug

If a staff member comes here and tries to argue that the inability to buy multiple vitamins at once is somehow a way to keep the economy in check by intentionally wasting our time, I will go ballistic*

*within the confines of our Terms and Conditions, of course!!!

Gunny, you legit made my day with that comment

And so that Xela doesn't remove, as previously stated, the current purchasing process for vitamins is nothing more than an unnecessary mechanical hinderance to the player base, and serves as an additional time sink that has no positive effect on in-game resources or the economy, even when considering long-term playability. Edited by XelaKebert
No need to hide content related to the topic in spoilers.

on the side note of this, irrelevent of this, 9800 bp is 1 cb, 1 cb sells for +-200k on gtl, 10k tax is 190k 'profit'. 9800/200=49 49*3750=184k. you'd be stupid to buy vitamins with bp anyway. #ISavedYouTimeAndCreatedAnotherMoneySink\o/

I'd argue the exact opposite. By selling choice bands in order to afford vitamins, you are feeding the market and making it harder to sell those later, when you need to. For a measly 6k save (although you can actually sell choice bands for more, so there is a bit more profit) I would never do that.

Regarding the pros and cons thing, I believe it is way more important to actually provide pros other than "it would make it easier" rather than cons. This case would be an exception, since it's simply a poorly designed system that does nothing but inconvenience players (and the one thing it does, which is waste time/money, could be replaced by higher prices, so it's not an argument)