PokeMMO Creepypasta Writing Contest: Revengeance (Oct. 1st - Oct. 31st)

TITLE: The Feature Creepening 2: Electric Boogaloo: Revengence

IGN: Niicoli

WORD COUNT:​​ 1500

[spoiler]

~~~The sun glimmered brightly over head as I placed my hand on a golden furred head. "With Giovanni’s help we won’t live on the streets anymore! That’s great isn’t it?"~~~

"Vulpix?"

I sigh shaking my head out of my memory filled daze. "I felt better about this back then." I mumbled clutching the small creature to myself.

"Vulpix...Vul.." Gazing up at the massive tower that stood before us I soothed my Vulpix. As she calmed down, I recalled the mission directives; gather Cubone skulls at the top of the Pokémon Tower to help profit our future expeditions. Make a few Cubone sad... that won't hurt anything right? Of course not.

Entering the first floor of the tower I was met with the solemn faces of trainers with tears streaming down several faces. Many of the people stood around huddling, as if they were afraid to venture higher than the lobby. "Pokémon tower was erected in the memory of the Pokémon that died." I turn quickly towards the man standing at the desk with a sad smile.

"A-ah... I-I see... That’s... sad..." He nods slowly and I quietly excuse myself from his presence rushing up towards the second floor. The world fell silent. "Oh... No one’s here?" I pass by several headstones before noticing an old woman tending to one by the stairs.

"Ah, not many venture higher than the first floor...the ghosts get to their heads..." I give her a weak smile. "Ah-hah, I'm sure I can handle it ma'am. I have my Pokémon to protect me..." The woman continued dusting the stones, never looking up as I made my way up the stairs, I swear I heard her chuckle.

As I entered the third floor a veil of mist filled the air. Where were my team rocket allies? Was I early? Late? I passed by two grave tenders mumbling in hushed tones. "I don't feel well..."

"Ah! No, don't spout such nonsense! I hear the priestess above have all been possessed!" I heard the team had been having a little trouble in this tower, is this what they were referring to?

"Pix..."

"It’s okay Vixen... we’ll be fine..." I made my way up the next flight of stairs... orders are orders and money is money... right?

As I entered the next floor the lights dimmed and the headstones began to become maze-like in the thickening mist. "Eh-eheheheh!"

A chill ran through my spine as a cackle echoed throughout the room. I quickened my pace as I tried to find my way through the mist. "Vulpix!" Vixen cried out as she leapt up to my shoulder, releasing a flamethrower behind me. Gasping I turned around to be met with a scorched Ghastly crashing to the ground and a white eyed woman, her cackling grew louder as she drew her hand from her sleeve.

"M-my baby... What have you ... done with... MY BABY!!??" She drew her blade and slashed it down at me.

The blade bit into my arm causing me to fall back my pokeballs' fell from my bag and rolled out of my reach. Vixen leapt from my arms landing onto a headstone.

"Grrrr!!"

"Vixen no!" I grabbed her just as the blade collided with the headstone creating a bright spark. The psycho struggled to yank her blade from the stone and I scrambled to my feet before running into the maze of headstones. Her loud cackling echoed.

As I grabbed the rail of the stairs another priestess with white eyes emerged from the upper floor brandishing a bloodied blade.

Oh god... Whos’ blood is that?! "Vullll...PIX!" My little Vixen leapt from my arms again, slamming her five shimmering tails down on the woman’s head, her figure smashed down onto the stairs contorting in an unnatural angle as her blade slid to my feet. "Vul!" Vixen cooed as she returned to my feet.

"Oh god… is… she..." I knelt down slowly taking the knife in hand before reaching out my other, slowly, towards the downed woman. "Are you-"

"HEKEKEKEKE!!!"

A screeching cackle echoed from behind as the first woman burst from the mist, her own blade retrieved from the stone. "KIDNAPPER!!!!" I pulled Vixen into my arms and ran up the stairs to the fifth floor.

Gasping for air I darted into the next maze of headstones. Ghastly began whisking past my head, creepy grins fading in and out in their smoggy bodies. Cubone’s began weeping from the corners of the room, bones rattling and cries echo.

Something grabbed onto my ankle and I toppled towards the ground. Vixen fell from my arms and tumbled out of my view and into the mist. "No! Vixen!" Looking back another white eyed woman stood, her skin was greying. A wild eyed haunter laughed as darkness began to fill its hands. My hand flew to my bag for one of my pokeballs, when I realized they were gone. "A-ah! R-rattata? Zubat? Where are you!?"

"You stole my child...Give me my child!!" The woman began to wail as I crawled backwards in terror. The woman suddenly dashed at me as the Haunter released his Shadow Ball.

I scream.

Suddenly scream of agony that was not my own echoes throughout the room. The floor around me became enveloped in a bright blue light that repelled and shocked the woman and the attack. She stumbled back and ran into the mist her Haunter disappearing with her. "Wh-whats going on!?"

"Protection my child..." An old voice says gently behind me. Spinning I face her. This woman seems normal...her eyes are sane. "I have purified this space, child, you may rest here."

Sitting there I felt the rush of adrenalin leave me and pain surging up my arm. My free hand gripped the blood soaked wrist that held the blade, dropping it. Tears filled my eyes as my body trembled. Rattata, Zubat, and my precious Vixen?! What’s happening! Despair, pain, and confusion welled up inside of me as I sobbed.

After some time I finally calmed. The patient old woman took my wrist and bandaged it with a piece of ripped cloth. "Your people seemed to have stirred the spirits in their graves."

"M-my people...You mean Team Rocket? I-I just wanted to make a little money! I wanted to get off the streets with my Pokémon..." I sniffled running my free arm across my face.

"The spirits want revenge for the wrongs done on to them, they pay no heed to the motives... You are a symbol of their hatred." She looked at me gently and I closed my eyes.

"W-will they leave me alone? Leave us alone?" I gazed at the woman, pleading for an answer but none came. She silently sat back in her place keeping the barrier up. If I can talk to the spirits at the top... they’ll leave me alone and I’ll get Vixen back? I can't make it back down alone! I need my Vixen back!

With this new found determination I grabbed the knife and nodded towards the woman. "Thank you..." I let out a long breath and darted out of the barrier into the mist once more, managing to get to the staircase to the next floor.

"My baby..."

Words echoed around me throughout the air, in my ears, from every direction.

"Where is my baby...?"

"Give me my baby..."

"I-I don’t have your child! You took mine! Where is Vixen?!" A black shadow blasts out of the mist slamming into my side. Pain surges through me as I scramble to my feet and dart through the room. The cackling of the possessed and howls of broken Cubone begin to echo loudly in the mist.

Oh god no... Turning a corner I freeze. The black shadow twists and morphs against the ground. The lights overhead flicker as a shadowy Marowak forms against the ground its hollow eyes staring at me. "Where’s my baby... You stole my baby..."

I shake my head slowly. "N-no I didn-"

"SILENCE! KIDNAPPER! MURDERER! MY CHILD!!!" The room began to shake as the lights blew raining sparks down. The room filled in darkness but I could see the Marowak demon clearly as well as the glowing figures of psycho women surrounding me. This isn't what was supposed to happen. The shadow Pokémon lunged at me as I threw out my blade piercing it in the chest. I screamed.

A crimson wetness dripped down my hand and silence filled the room. Is it over... I slid my blade from golden fur.

It’s over...

Darkness surrounded me.

It’s cold... Why is it so cold... I can’t move...

Opening my eyes I see stars out a distant window.

Its night...

I turned my eyes toward the golden Vulpix on my arm. Vixen… you’re covered in something red and coated in mud... I open my mouth to tell her so but it fills with dirt.

My vision fades, looking up I see a shadowy figure staring back as ghostly women pour more dirt on my precious Vixen.

Darkness.

[/spoiler]

IGN: llGINll

WORD COUNT:​​ 1494

[spoiler]

I first started playing Pokemmo back in 2013; it was a simpler time back then whereby there was no breeding and simply catching a one times thirty one, good nature Pokémon was considered to be quite impressive. After that generation had passed, I, like many people took to breeding as a means of making money in the game which was challenging, but profitable.

It was summer and I had a lot of free time to play Pokemmo; there were times I would even pull all nighters and play well into the next day. It was really fun and nothing made me happier than to relive my childhood memories of the game.

It was on one of these days whereby I found myself in a peculiar set of situations that still gives me chills to this day.

On a day like any other I found myself on four island channel one, breeding snorlaxes with curse, when I was approached by a player called seanow274 and we got to talking.

“What are you breeding?” he whispered. Being busy at the time I quickly replied with:

“Snorlaxes”.

“That’s nice” he stated.

After that he just logged out or flew away and I didn’t see him for a while after that.                

In hindsight, what he said was kind of strange but you get random weirdos like that online all the time and so I thought nothing of it and simply went back to breeding.

This is where it all started.

Not three days later I was again on four island and was in a very good mood as both of my two breeders now had very good ivs. I was in the middle of completing the flag events to speed up the eggs hatching when a message appeared on the screen: seanow274 would like to add you as a friend.

I was again, in a hurry and thinking little of it, accepted his request.

A minute later he sent me a message:

“what are you breeding?” I stopped moving out of confusion and general annoyance and replied

“Snorlaxes dude, why do you wanna know?”

After a brief hesitation he once again said “that’s nice” and then logged off.

At this moment my egg hatched but this time it was different. Instead of instantly hatching the screen started flashing in a way it would if a Pokémon was evolving, but unlike the usual evolution music, there was just a silent ambiance in the back ground.

As it hatched a message appeared: ‘I’m sorry but your Pokemon has died, please see the breeder’.

I was startled to say the least, I took a print screen and started to look at the Pokémon.

I right clicked on it: aside from everything else which was normal it was level zero and had zero HP. What troubled me the most though was the sprite itself. It looked paler and had two rather cartoonish X shapes for eyes; it was actually very disturbing.

It was at that moment that the in game music for lavender town started playing; by this stage I thought there was either a major glitch in the game or more likely this guy seanow274 had somehow hacked into the game and was just messing with me.

I contacted a GM called Maltyfire on the forums and sent him the screenshot, updating  him on my situation; while he was confused about the situation initially he messaged me quite quickly saying he would have someone check what was going on and that I should stay offline for a while whilst my account was checked over.

It was a weird response, though I guessed he didn’t want to admit that there could be a fault of this calibre or that Pokemmo could be so easily hacked into. None the less I did what he told me to.

Eventually it became night time, I checked the forums and found a reply from Maltyfire who stated that everything was running  fine and that I should either ignore this anomaly or quit wasting his time with childish pranks. I was a little offended, though what I said to him was a little far fetched, so I understood his frustration.

I opened Pokemmo and signed in as usual, it was night in the game as well and a rather peaceful and surreal soundtrack played in the background which was unlike any soundtrack I’d heard before from fire red.

My first instinct was to check the condition of my Snorlax but as I looked at my party it was nowhere to be found, though this wasn’t the only thing that was strange. The graphics. The graphics seemed sharper and more detailed; for example the eyes and facial expressions on my character sprite seemed much more human like.

My heartbeat was steadily increasing and at that moment a message appeared on screen: ‘seanow347’ is now online. Instinctively I messaged him and asked him what the hell was going on.

He simply exclaimed: “the breeder” and then logged off.

At this point I was seriously creeped out, it was dark in my room and I was home alone, concentrating greatly on the screen. I happened to see Maltyfire in the trade chat and I private messaged him.

“Hey it’s the one that messaged you earlier, there’s something wrong with the game still and the person I saw when these things started happening keeps messaging me”

It seemed like minutes had passed before he finally replied: “that’s nice”.

Those two words etched themselves into me and sent a chill down my spine; at this point I had had enough of this. I just wanted to breed snorlaxes and after deliberating on what to do, decided I would see the breeder.

As I arrived the brightness of the screen diminished, I tried to fix this issue by flying out and back into four island but the screen just read: skarmory is too tired to fly, any effort to leave by boat was just as useless with another patronising message showing up.

I walked up to the breeders building and just as I was about to walk in I saw Seanow274 in the day-care area with the other Pokémon who then vanished out of sight.

I quickly ran inside the day-care and saw the elderly man upon which I selected him.

“It appears you have a Pokemon that has died, would you like to see him?”                                               

Upon getting a yes or no box I clicked yes. A secret door opened up at the back of the day-care; the man let and my sprite followed. I found myself in a dark forest like area.

“This is as far as I can take you” the old man said.

I accepted this and started moving through the forest. There was no music, just sounds of thunder and lightning as torrential rain could be seen pouring down. I was very nervous and a little frightened about what I might find as this was clearly not in the original fire red.

I arrived at a clearing, and the dead grass I was walking through started to dissipate.

I had arrived at wherever I was going.

My character sprite started moving of its own accord and approached what looked like to be a cemetery where many, many graves laid. I approached one which read, here lies Snorlax, died in childbirth August 2014.

What the hell was I reading? I looked closer and it actually appeared like my sprite was crying. The graphics were so sharp, the tears from my sprite, the grave yard and even the trees seemed so, life like.

The music got more sinister now and more jumpy and a look of fear replaced the sad look in my sprites eyes. A message appeared from seanow274.

“What they don’t want you to see, the truth behind this game is me”.

The game crashed.

At this point I was lost for words on what was happening to me and was very curious, but also anxious to see what was going on. What did seanow mean…?

I quickly logged back in and found my character in pallet town inside my characters bed; my mum entered the room whilst soft music played in the background.

“Hello sweetie, I heard you scream. Did you have a nightmare again?”

I selected no to which she replied “alright then, sweet dreams”.

And that was the end of it.

To this day I have no idea why this happened to me or even how it happened to me; what I do know is I checked up information through some GMs, telling them about my story, and found that there was never a player called seanow274 registered to the game; there was never even a GM by the name of Maltyfire either.

I get anxious when breeding now and whilst I still enjoy the game, the charm I once felt for it as a child is gone and has been replaced by feelings of fear and confusion. [/spoiler]

Edited by Floreykidd

The Feature Creepening 2: Electric Boogaloo: Revengeance

IGN: AlbiNani

Word Count: 1412

[spoiler]

He didn’t look like a murderer.

That’s the one thought I always had when I had always seen his smiling face, taking Pokémon from their trainers, promising to unlock their full potential… The only thing he unlocked was their skulls. He would beat us… beat us until we had no strength… then forced us to make love, so he could steal our offspring. He would dump the corpses in the back, too far for anyone to see, and he’d take the eggs, put a smile on his face, and give it to the unknowing trainer. And they call us wild savages…

But tonight, things would be different. This time, we will be the ones with power, the ones who play god to those below us! Yes… tonight. Tonight there will be… revengeance.

Cherishing her new Eevee egg, Kyia couldn’t wait to get home. She’d spent a fortune on trying to make the perfect Jolteon, and now she was just one thunderstone away from reaching that goal. The trainers in the Sevii Islands were starting to get a little tired of her, and little broke as well! Kyia looked at the time, and seeing that it was only around noon time, she decided to take the ferry back home Vermillion. She could have flown, but she knew that walking with her egg would make it more likely to hatch.

Kyia boarded the Seagallop ferry, famous for its Sevii Island tours, when she walked by a trainer’s Growlithe. All of a sudden, it started growling at her, snapping its jaws. It was about to pounce when suddenly, it was surrounded by light, and in an instant was recalled to a pokeball. The Growlithe’s trainer smiled sheepishly and said, “Sorry, he’s never done that before!” Kyia smiled back and just kept walking, but couldn’t help but notice the stalking stares of the Pokémon on the boat, all directed at her.

When the ferry had arrived at Vermillion, Kyia ran out, excited to be back in her home town. She was even more excited to see her brother Toshley, who was standing by the shore, smiling at her. “Tosh!” squealed Kyia. She ran to her brother and gave him a hug. “How have you been?” Toshley kept smiling and said, “I’ve been okay… the team takes up a lot of my time, but I’m happy with them.” They started walking to their house when Kyia noticed a blur of purple behind somebody’s house. “What was that? She asked Toshley. He frowned and replied, “There’s been an increase in Dittos around here lately. Nobody knows why, but they’re not bothering anyone, so we let them be.”

Somewhat reassured, Kyia and Toshley had reached their front door, and came into the house. “Mom’s gone to Caledon for a few days, said she had some business there,” said Toshley. “Perfect time for you to invite May over hmm?” teased Kyia. May was Toshley’s girlfriend, but she lived all the way in the Hoenn region. “Maybe I already have,” he smiled.

Kyia went up to her room, and placed her egg on her bedside. Weird, not even a crack, she thought. It was normal for an egg to hatch by the end of the day, yet hers still looked untouched. Kyia sighed and thought, maybe this one is a late bloomer. She then went downstairs to help her brother out with dinner.

After a good dinner in which Toshley shared his curious adventures with his team, VCO, Kyia went back up in her room to check on the egg. She opened the door, and by her bedside, where she left her egg, was empty space. She looked around again, just to be sure, but the egg had vanished. “Tosh?” she yelled. “Did you move my egg anywhere?” Toshley entered the room bewildered, replying, “No, I haven’t been in-,” when suddenly something scurried into the room.

It was a light brown, walked on all fours, and had a furry white collar. Kyia breathed a sigh of relief as she recognized it as an Eevee! It took long enough to hatch… she thought. The two siblings began to celebrate, heading back downstairs, but in their enthusiasm, they overlooked one thing, where were the eggshells?

It’s been a long day, was all that ran through the head of Lt. Surge, Vermillion City’s gym leader. Watching trainers digging through garbage all day only to lose to him got boring after the first few times. It was about time for him to close up the gym when suddenly he heard footsteps. He sighed, young trainers were such keeners. “Gyms closed!” he yelled, “come back tomorrow, or never, either works.” But the footsteps kept coming. Confused and somewhat cautious now, Lt. Surge sent out his Raichu.

The two of them approached the sound of the footsteps, and they now saw a shadow as well. Instantaneously, Lt. Surge and his Raichu sprang out, ready to confront the figure, but then relaxed to realize it was only an Eevee. Lt. Surge smiled, and went down to pet the Eevee saying, “well aren’t you a cute little- “and then all of a sudden he was petting a Raichu. Startled, he looked back at his own Raichu who was still there.

The last thing Lt. Surge felt was the excruciating, treacherous burn of ten thousand volts of electricity being seared into his body.

The night was going perfectly up to now. The egg had hatched, Toshley’s steak was amazing as usual, and Kyia was having a great time. But then something weird happened. A weird buzzing sound filed the air, and then everything went pitch black. Toshley went to flip the light switch on, but it didn’t work. “Power must be out,” he explained. “Lt. Surge will have it running again in a bit.” They waited an hour, but still, the city remained dark, the only sound being the wind blowing through the trees creating a ghastly whistle.

Toshley sent out his Gardevoir. “Use Flash,” he commanded. Suddenly the room was illuminated in a white light, beaconing from Gardevoir. “Well at least now we can see…” but he was cut off by the sound of scurrying. “Eevee?” cried out Kyia. “We’re over here sweetie!” The scurrying stopped, and the sibling hesitated. “Eevee?” repeated Kyia, more cautiously this time, and at that, Eevee ran into the room, and sat before the siblings. They all sat in silence, when out of the blue, Gardevoir began attacking Eevee.

It kept trying to subdue it with its Psychic abilities, when Toshley yelled, “That enough!” He recalled Gardevoir back into its Pokeball, ending the outburst. Kyia turned to Toshley and said, “What was that all-,” but stopped when she look at the expression of shock at Toshley’s face. She followed his gaze, and where Eevee was seconds before, now stood a Gardevoir. “Tosh, didn’t you just-“but she was cut off as she was left paralyzed.

She looked at Toshley, but saw only a blank expression.

“Tosh?”

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a glint enter the room, and she knew that… that thing that appeared to be Gardevoir was moving it, and it flew straight into to Toshley’s hand. He raised it from the shadows, and his blank expression turned into a malevolent sneer. His teeth, which she had seen smile countless times, now became something out of a horror film. Slowly, he raised his hand, and that’s when she realized, he was holding a knife.

“Toshley?” She said as he approached.

He kept coming closer.

“Toshley!?” Kyia said, mortified.

He stepped closer, his eyes on the same level as Kyia’s.

“TOSHLEY!!!” she yelled, her face a mask of pure horror, white as a ghost, chilled to the very marrow in her bones.

Toshley looked Kyia straight in the eye and whispered in a voice that resonated to the darkest reaches of her mind, “Revengeance.”

Kyia’s scream shattered the silent night as the word was carved into her body, inked by her blood.

The next morning, Vermillion City looked picturesque. The sun was out, the Pidgeys were singing, and the sea was a beautiful shade of blue. May stepped of the ferry from Hoenn, and took a breath of fresh air. When she exhaled, she broke into an uncontrollable grin as she say Toshley at the far end of the dock waiting for her.

“Toshley!” she shouted, across the pier. He looked back and smiled.

“Hey beautiful, I missed you,” replied Ditto.

[/spoiler]

Enjoy :)

Edited by Albeast33
  • 2 weeks later...

IGN: AxelAgain

WORD COUNT:​​ 491

couldn't help but risk embarrassing my self for such an lovely shiny :3

brilliant idea for a contest btw :P

also i'll take a it as a jolly nature, and mailing it on the pc system would be nice, not had any mail yet.

[spoiler]  The time is 02:50 he knows he has done it again, it’s far too late and he doesn’t care.

Click Tick Clack hitting the keyboard with the fluidity of a machine,  tapping away talking to his fellow pokemmo players, time flows fast, the clock hits 03:00 He heard it again, that sound he was so familiar with around this time of night, static in the tv, a cold sweat broke out down his arm and the back of his neck..” why always at 3am!” exclaimed the pokemmo player, “has anyone else got this issue” he started to type to the chat ingame, the chat fell silent, eerie as only ten minutes ago it was Teeming with conversation.

03:03, User: BrokenGard replied “static, I hear it also”..The static noise seemed to spike and get increasingly close, not in an aggressive manor but much more of a disarming encroachment, slowly, like honey falling down the pot it clings to, almost seductive. Finally someone else with the same experience he thought, “so it’s not just me then” he typed to BrokenGard, chat fell silent yet again..

03:13,The static encroaches further, a much more persistent hiss now, BrokenGard:“they put us here”.. “put you where” he replied, BrokenGard:”there is nothing for anything here” once again she replied.  “BrokenGard, what is this static noise?” he tapped again,  BrokenGard: ”WE the abandoned” this left him confused, and definitely a little uncomfortable, who is he talking to, who are are “WE” …. “you are making the static?” he asked, chat fell silent again, and the hiss subsided.

03:30 once again the static spike, this time not a benevolent inconsequential sort of hiss, this seemed to have intent, it rang so loud he had to remove his headphones briefly, dazed he placed them back on and noticed the static hiss was still present but stable at an almost soothing level, comforting, BrokenGard:”we miss you..”, he did not reply must be a troll he thought. Hat died down yet again.

BrokenGard: “ YOU THREW US AWAY LIKE WE WERE NOTHING”  the static spiked again and he let out a audible yelp of surprise and pain, his finger stuck to the keyboard, he tried shaking his head but the headphones were stuck fast and he couldn’t get them off,  “HELP” he cried out for someone, there was no one, BrokenGard:”you have no one to help you, you threw them out of your life as easily as you did us”

03:33, Shattered Glass rings out. As the TV breaks apart, As if in slow motion, the pieces ring and chime clattering together and bouncing on the floor as if dancing with each other, Shimmering With the fluorescent light that gleams from the edges, as you look to the now broken television you are met by a set of almost sad eyes and a cracked forced looking smile “I seeee…ee ….you much better now” …. [/spoiler]

Edited by Samus
Title: The Feature Creepening 2: Electric boogaloo: Revengeance 
IGN: TatsuyaSuo
Word Count: 1479

(Extra points for blood red letters >.>)

I'm afraid i had to butcher it due to the word limit x.x RIP me

[Spoiler]
A couple months ago, in mid January when all the hype about the -at the time new- Hoenn update arose, a lot of new players joined us in our poke-addiction, and old players also came back "from the dead, if you will", of course the hype sort of died out after a while, but the whole "spawning in channel 4 due to the first few channels being oversaturated" thing lasted for long enough to make the game unstable, you know the kinds of pretty bad lag spikes and random disconnections that incresed in frequency over time and led to constant server maintenance by the admins. On a more technical note, all this meant that huge amounts of data are being written into the database's file system each second, and due to the suddenly much higher number of people playing, and therefore writing more data into the game's database, coupled by the chance that they most likely didn't upgrade their hardware in time, and fluctuating connetion latency for everyone due to them being from all over the world, some database errors like my "little glitch" were bound to happen sooner or later.

I was of course as hyped as everyone about the new region so i took the ferry at Vermilion City that took me to Hoenn, sat back, relaxed and started breezing through the pokemon emerald clone, i would play in channel 2 even though i always spawned at channel 4 or 5 upon logging in, knowing full well it was saturated but everyone i liked to talk to was there so i didn't care, and honestly i still don't, it all went on the way it should, despite the incomplete parts with the now famous "script [number] missing" the basic core experience was the same as in the legit game. That is untill reaching Lavaridge town (no, lavaridge isn't the new lavender town, it's not haunted and it will never be), i was going to fight Flannery at the gym for the 4th badge, but i got disconnected and since it was late, it was my que to call it a day and get some rest instead.

After i got back home the next day, i decided to resume my pokemon adventure, logged in and spawned in channel 5 again but switched back to channel 2, as soon as i started moving i noticed my character wouldn't run, i could only walk and my higest level pokemon which was an old cloneMMO bred stantler that would later become a comp, was loafing around though it was just around level 30, i fought Flannery and beat her but moving around was too annoying without being able to run, it was much later, when someone asked how many gameplay hours i had played that i opened my trainer card and noticed one of the many things that weren't right: my first two badges were missing, but i still had the 3rd and 4th badges.

Apparently some sort of weird rollback issue related to that disconnection made all the progress up to the 3rd gym to reset, while everything afterwards stayed normal. I posted a bug report, but it was never fixed so i proceeded to try and complete the storyline without these badges, which i eventually did but with some difficulties due to a lot of glitches in the game's layout, i first noticed it while heading back to Petalbubrg with the intention of fighting Norman, upon taking the boat at Dewford town, i was stuck in Mr. Briney's house because the door was blocked by May's sprite, i talked to her and it triggered an event with the dialog that occurs the first time you get there, then May left but a copy of her sprite was left at the door, i talked to her and this is what she said:

<<Over too soon, maybe for the best... Won't bother with goodbyes, no more. 0110>>

That's when i decided to make the bug report and continued to update it with stuff i found, i managed to beat the rest of the storyline witout these 2 badges and underleveled pokemon, there were less glitches as i kept going forward, of course i suppose the first few badges were more relevant requirements early on in the first locations you visit, but there was this one encounter with May later on that drew my attention even more, when you're heading to the weather institute, May stops you and talks to you which leads to a battle, in my case, this happened normally, but a duplicate of May's sprite remained after she left, i talked to her out of curiosity to see if it would trigger another battle but instead it displayed another piece of original dialog:

<<Not here... Mind Flooded... Dark thoughts... Can't control... Won't bother with goodbyes, it´s better this way. 0010>>

It was weird, i pondered about it as i continued onwards. After i got the 6th badge from Fortree city and could finally use fly, i went back to Littleroot town, i noticed there were trucks in front of both houses, just the way it looks in the beginning, if you're male, yours will be the house to the left, if you're female, it'll be the one to the right, but both trucks were present here.

a082hnM.png

Even though May was my rival all throughout the game and Brendan never appeared to battle me, so why was there a truck in front of the other house?, first thing that happened was that my mom came out and gave me my running shoes again, but at the same time, May's mom came out and did the same but the dialog showed "MOM:" as if the game couldn't recognize whether i was playing as Brendan, or May, i stepped in my house to heal, then went up into my room and Brendan's sprite appeared blocking the door, so i couldn't leave, there was a pokeball in the middle saying "It's May's pokeball, better leave it right where it is" even though it was in my room, i talked to Brendan and he said: 

<<Not much longer... I´m afraid she'll take it all away... 0001>>

I had to use the /unstuck command to leave. After getting warped back outside, i went inside May's house, her mom talked to me with the same dialog she would use if i had chosen to start with a female character and after she was finished, May's sprite appeared at the door, i talked to her:

<<Can't exist, no more... Emptyness... 0011>>

Then i went upstairs into her room, there was another pokeball in the center, which is normal since my character is male, and another May sprite at the door, once again blocking it. I checked the pokeball and it showed: 

<<This isn't May's POKéBALL, it seems to have a small red stain, better leave it right where it is... 0100>> 

Then i talked to May at the door and the dialog that takes place when you first walk in her room was triggered, but even though she moved just like normal, a copy of her sprite was left at the door and when she left the room, she just walked through her clone, i talked to her copy and again i got a new dialog:

<<What is life? I don't recall ever being alive... I don't recall being... 0101>>.

It should be noted that after each piece of dialog, the respective sprites disappeared, though Brendan's sprite was gone once i stepped back into my room later and appeared at the front door, but retained the same dialog, also the numbers at the end of each sentence are numbers in binary code:

0001 = 1 - Not much longer... I´m afraid she'll take it all away...
0010 = 2 - Not here... Mind Flooded... Dark thoughts... Can't control... Won't bother with goodbyes, it´s better this way.
0011 = 3 - Can't exist, no more... Emptyness...
0100 = 4 - This isn't May's POKéBALL, it seems to have a small red stain... better leave it right where it is...
0101 = 5 - What is life? I don't recall ever being alive... I don't recall being...
0111 = 7 - Over too soon, maybe for the best... Won't bother with goodbyes, it´s better this way.

l0vFsJk.png

There never was an entry with 0110 (6) in it.

All this creeped me out of course, not sure what it means or why it's in the game, it looks like whoever put that there was obviously not right in the head and definitely did something, whatever it is, it could be specified in the 6th entry i never found, or there could be more, some of these lines make it seem as if they commited suicide, obviously i hope no one was actually hurt and if i ever find that 6th entry or anything else, i'll make sure to let you guys know somehow...
[/Spoiler]
Edited by TatsuyaSuo

RIP my entry - even though I put in a little work on it last night, I'm heading to my buddy's college for halloween today and won't be able to get it in by the deadline. Here's everything I had so far as a little teaser - I'll finish it up and post it in the writing section in a week or so. Obviously I don't expect to place in this contest, but if anyone wanted to see how I tackled the prompt, here it is!

[spoiler]

The Feature Creepening II: Electric Boogaloo: Revengeance

The words sat there obtrusively, a foggy sentence filling most of the long bathroom mirror.  Jason stared at the message with one foot still in the shower, a towel wrapped around his waist, and his jaw on the floor. With a chuckle, though, he snapped from his daze.

Must be Luke’s work, Jason thought, grabbing the spare hand towel from the wall. Stupid brother…was this really supposed to scare me?

“Face it, Luke – the movie was SHIT” bellowed Jason, attempting to rouse his sleeping brother two rooms down the hall. Luke, however, wasn’t there. The house was empty.

Nevertheless, Jason was intent on playing alarm clock.

“You’re just mad that you have such shit taste in movies. Don’t hate the player, hate the game, man. I just call it like it is. Real talk.”

With a swift flick of his wrist, Jason scrubbed right through the first half of the movie title, leaving only pening Pt. II: Revengeance in front of him.

“Yeah we’ll talk about revengeance when I get home from school, you little punk,” shouted Jason again to an empty house, turning over the towel and erasing the rest of the fog letters. He smugly tossed the towel to the ground, jerked the faucet on, and wet his toothbrush.

His mind drifted back to the night before, at the theatre with his brother. Of course, he’d brought a date, thought Jason. Probably just trying to show me up. And then, I’m forced to sit through that abomination of a film.

Sit through, however, was hardly doing justice to his “performance.” In reality, he was loud and obnoxious from the very first preview, loudly offering his opinion on everything from the lighting in the theatre to the firmness of his seat’s butt cushion. As soon as the movie started, Jason began berating everything about it.

“Seriously, that’s gotta be the worst title I’ve ever…”

The toothbrush clacked as it hit the marble countertop, sending toothpaste onto Jason’s shirt. His mind, however, was a little more concerned with what it had just seen appear on the mirror. Two simple words, which in context meant this was going to be an interesting day.

Starring: You

“Uhh, Luke?”

The house replied with a thick silence.

[/spoiler]

"The Feature Creepening 2: Electric boogaloo: Revengeance"

Word Count: 1426

Really not sure how this will be received, as it's a significant twist on the PokeMMO universe, and not exactly PokeMMO by any means. Also, the title doesn't fit the story at all (lol). I hope you all enjoy it regardless, as it was really fun to write. Try to figure out what I meant by it.

[spoiler]Lucy was content, to say the very least.

After all, she had been invited to the largest and most highly anticipated Halloween party of the year. Every popular kid in the school was invited, and she was still surprised that they bothered to send her an invitation as well. The thought alone made her giggle in ecstasy. Maybe now she would finally be with the guy of her dreams: Tyler, the most handsome and outgoing upperclassmen at her high school. Up until now, he had been completely out of her reach. But after the party...

The recollection of events remained burned into Lucy's mind even as she exited the mansion. Tyler approaching her just before playing spin-the-bottle. Tyler offering to go bobbing for apples. Kissing in the closet after a dare. Getting his number. Then being invited to his lake house the following weekend...

The party seemed almost too good to be true. Lucy already knew that she would never have another night quite like it. The sounds, the food, the feelings involved... unique in every possible way. Although a part of her was sad that the event had finally reached its conclusion, the rest of her remained overjoyed that it actually happened. Comforted by the thought of many more amazing experiences with Tyler ahead of her, she started back towards home down the narrow gravel pathway located to the side of the complex.

The gravel path should not have existed. It was almost never used, and the few people who did use it always complained about the low hanging branches that snagged onto their clothing as they traversed. Indeed, the path cut directly through the local forest; however, the majority of the trees had become overgrown due to neglect, and as such, remained solely as a nuisance to the surrounding community. Lucy was certainly aware of the rumors concerning the path, but at the same time oddly fascinated by it. "Well, it is Halloween Night," she said to herself quietly. "Why not take a stroll through the spooky forest? It saves me a significant amount of time anyway."

Taken over by her unprecedented curiosity, Lucy slowly disappeared into the grove. The soft gravel cracked quietly under her feet as she walked. She could hear night owls ominously hooting in the blackness- but hooting for what purpose? Perhaps, Lucy thought, they don't really need a reason. Do humans truly need a justification for their actions?

As Lucy continued to contemplate her relatively unimportant inquisition, the small gravel path became more and more difficult to traverse. It seemed as if a new vine or nettle would appear every few steps, presenting an unneeded challenge that Lucy had failed to anticipate. After around a minute of continuing to brush the vegetation out of her way, Lucy began to question if the short-cut was really worth it. "I could have just walked the extra 10 minutes home," she exclaimed. "I should have known the path would be like this."

Half walking, half sulking, Lucy trudged on. Based off the thickness and abundance of the vegetation surrounding the path, she assumed that the heart of the forest was upon her. As she finally brushed away a rather troublesome nettle, the gravel beneath her feet inexplicably changed color. Instead of a light-pink and black texture, the gravel now radiated a crimson red. For the first time since the start of her journey down the path, Lucy could see more than 10 feet in front of her. What she saw at that moment was a phenomenon almost impossible to describe- a phenomenon that shouldn't have taken place anywhere close to where she, or any other human, lived.

A deep red ball, the color of fresh blood, levitated above the path 20 feet in front of her.

Lucy stared. The cluster of energy, almost flawlessly spherical in shape, seemed to pulsate slowly, at first growing slightly smaller, then slightly larger as time passed. Lucy approximated the diameter of the sphere to be around a foot- although how it was possible for that amount of energy to be so elegantly contained, she had not the slightest clue. No matter how hard Lucy tried, it was impossible to take her eyes off the orb of light. The light was pure, magnificent, welcoming. For that one moment, it was the entire world- omnipresent, pervasive, infinite.

Then it moved.

The orb of light began to raise, ever so gently, up into the sky. Lucy remained in a daze. Where was it going? What was its purpose

As if reading her mind, the ball of energy halted its ascent. The orb now levitated 20 feet above the gravel path. Then, as if the Earth's gravity had suddenly been switched off, the ball of light accelerated directly into the ground below.

Lucy became instantly knocked backwards as shards of gravel exploded into the surrounding trees. The resulting explosion had completely devastated the surrounding terrain, leaving a sizable crater in the impact region. Lucy's ears continued to ring as she attempted to move her arms and legs, but her body would not respond. She was almost completely paralyzed.

In an almost half-conscious state, Lucy attempted to peer into the darkness ahead of her. As she strained her eyes, a figure suddenly materialized from the blackness of the night. Is somebody coming to help me? She thought blissfully. Will I make it out of this alive?

The thought, while hopeful, was far from correct.

It would have been impossible for Lucy to see the true composition of the figure from her vantage point on the ground. The entity did not walk like a human. Instead, it levitated slightly above the remaining gravel, with wisps of its black figure alternating directions as it progressed towards her. Attached to its black figure were two ghastly arms that rested limply at the entity's side. While this creature of the darkness appeared almost completely black, there was something different about its head- a white plume sprouted out from underneath its menacing blue eyes. Below its eyes, a red growth of matter emanated from its being, filled with the souls of the consumed.

Lucy fainted.

Once the ghost had reached Lucy's location on the ground, it immediately raised its two dark arms over her body. Bubbles of dark energy spawned around her position, leaving a pool of blackness in their wake. The pool of blackness then began to expand over Lucy's body, covering everything but her face. At this moment, the ghost stopped. After placing both of its hands on Lucy's forehead, the creature inhaled, then pushed. The body began to dissipate. After a minute, it had faded away into nothingness.

Once Lucy's parents had contacted the authorities, search parties spent days covering the entire community. Every inch of land was explored in an attempt to find her- or at least the body. Many condolences were offered to Lucy's family, and life continued on, as it does.

---

A detective walked into the local police office a day after the search parties were called off. A manila folder could be seen clearly in his hand.

"Chief," the detective started. "This case makes no sense. Our best bloodhounds could not locate Lucy's body. She did not leave the community, as there would be a record of her attempt in our logs."

"I know," the Chief replied. "But there's certainly a reason, whether we can see it or not."

"That's what I'm saying," the detective continued. "There was a crater found in the forest, some days after starting the search. You... don't suppose that she could have just... vanished?"

The Chief considered, then sat forward in his chair. "You can't be thinking what I'm thinking, can you detective? Only a select few here know the truth about the outside world. About the existence of... them. We have taken every precaution to make sure it stays like that. You and I both know what society was like during their existence."

"I know sir," the detective responded. "But there are all different kinds of said beings. And, if I'm not mistaken, some are stronger than others?"

"That is indeed the case, detective. What are you proposing?"

The detective carefully adjusted his glasses. "That one somehow bypassed our security."

"An interesting proposal," responded the Chief. "I'll contact the higher-ups on this one. See what they think. In the meantime, go and enjoy the rest of your weekend."

"Thanks Chief, you know I will."

And with that final remark, the community went back to its fragile state of prosperity- if not for long.

[/spoiler]
Edited by Kiliminati