[MOD] HD items

<3 it and thank you for the awesome mod.
to let you know XD am a guy who play the game 1 day without mods ( to get my retro urges satisfied ) then next day i play it with tons of mods XD to enjoy 2D awesome pokemon effects etc.. and this will be added to my list

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The mod update is ready, I prepared it during the last PTS but in this version the are some "bugs" that not appeared in the last PTS, the sprites work different for 48x48 items and don't resize correctly in some cases like:

-48x48 items don't resize to 24x24 in the bag tabs
z8t2.jpg

-48x48 items resize different to 24x24 than GBA versions and PTS and they looks worse. They don't resize correctly

2n8zhp2.jpg

-Custom sprites in menu bar don't colored correctly when mouse isn't over it. This bug appeared in the last PTS as well

j7xnqr.jpg

-Mod icons look strange

2q00egw.jpg

I will wait next updates if there are mod fixes to launch this version. English is not my language I hope the text is correct, is difficult for me writing it. Thank you for your support and patience.

• 4 weeks later...

Update 2.0

-Added all gen 4-5 items that have dream world image

-Added all gen 6+ TM/HM icons for gen 4-5 TMs/HMs

-Nugget now is a little more small for difference it with Big nugget

-Crystal flutes now are not usable in combat, scaled it to 24x24

-All berries are usable in combat so it now scaled to 48x48 except Oran Berry

-Removed Pokedex icon (I couldn't find a good 24x24 gen 5 Pokedex sprite)

-Pokeball, Potion, X Attack and Oran Berry now have 24x24 icons for this http://oi66.tinypic.com/z8t2.jpg

-Mod extension changed to .mod

Known issues:

-All item icons in menu bar and bag tabs have color although the mouse are not over. This happens beacause now the custom item sprites do not shadowed correctly

-Pokeball, Potion, X Attack and Oran Berry have 24x24 icons for the problem in bag tabs so they pixel in combat. Anyway they still have more quality than the original game sprites

Edited by Verdep
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

New Android Version

-All Dream World icons changed to high resolution with more quality (not pixels)

-Fixed fossil icons not showing correctly (I'll fix in PC in the next game update)
-New TM/HM icons for Android version with more quality (by DecaTilde)

Spoiler

dream_world_like_tm_and_hm_sprites_by_ld

Download Link in the initial post.

On 3/16/2018 at 3:07 PM, ChicoHalcon said:

Any idea if you could fix the problem with the pokeballs and other items that look weird?

Is a problem of the client, I hope it change in the next update because the icons in Android client works different.

PD: Best english (jk)

Edited by Verdep
16 hours ago, pards said:

I love this mod! But theres just one problem here, I'm using android version. Pokemon icons on global trade link is messed up, hoping you can fix it

I tested it, I login without mods and the problem not disappear even deleting the application data and cache. It seems a Android client problem.

• 2 years later...

Update 2.2 - 11/12/2020

Overall:

-Fixed Fossil icons not showing correctly (PC)

-Fixed Mod icon

-Fixed Timer Ball proportion

-Added Sworld-Shield/Let's Go sprites for Key items (Town map, Fishing rods and some Kanto Key items)

-Added Lucky Egg (Small) icon

-Added HM icons for Sinnoh

-Added Key item icons for Sinnoh

Android:
-Added 48x48 HD sprites for some Key items based on Gen V/VII obtaining sprites and other adaptations
-Added Amnesia Braze HD icon

-Added new Bag HD icon

-Added Pokeblock HD icons

-Added "Key items" tab HD icon

-Added Appricorn HD icons (by DecaTilde)

Download Link in the initial post: Download

Also if you don't like Dream World icons and only want the Gen 6+ item icons update I created an alternative mod here:

Edited by Verdep
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...