[MOD] PokeMMO Animated Battle Mod

• The aerodactyl sprite in particular needs adjusted. Either the enemy one needs to be smaller or the one from your party needs to be bigger. Look at it aero vs aero and you see what I mean. (my opinion)
  • Flygon (back view) looks too small. (my opinion).

Maybe these are tools that can help?

1. http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/stats/height-weight
  2. http://observationdeck.kinja.com/pokemon-size-comparison-according-to-pokedex-entry-1493431789

In theory, I would just pick a reference point like a nidoking or arcanine - I think those are around 5-6 feet in height. Then I would just base the ones I was having a hard time with off those.

Thank you so very much for the source! *u*

I can understand that this is difficult because for example you look at spearow vs. spearow. You want to zoom in so you can see the tiny bird and it looks fine. But then you send in your steelix or wailord and the spearow looks like it is in the same league as the big pokemon.

I guess, like I said, I would pick a reference point for everything for consistency then figure out a scale of some sort. 

It could be useful to look at the pokemon XY battles on youtube to get a rough idea of how they scale like their onix vs. their pidgey or etc?

Edited by bl0nde

I can understand that this is difficult because for example you look at spearow vs. spearow. You want to zoom in so you can see the tiny bird and it looks fine. But then you send in your steelix or wailord and the spearow looks like it is in the same league as the big pokemon.

I guess, like I said, I would pick a reference point for everything for consistency then figure out a scale of some sort. 

It could be useful to look at the pokemon XY battles on youtube to get a rough idea of how they scale like their onix vs. their pidgey or etc?

Sorry, the last update I had done yesterday (the back sprite smaller).

But now taking the job so that everyone has a special size, and possibly, for the moment, last update. Will take time.

I understand exactly what you mean. Myself and others say: "this needs to be bigger/ that needs to be smaller". However, if you change a sprite for one instance, it will be off in another. That's why you have to use a reference point and some sort of scale then make it all sprites relative to your reference.

Anyway, I love your mod, I'd use it even if you didn't mess with it anymore. Take your time with your final version, don't rush. Thank you for all the work you have put into this for us. PM me if you want a signature for PokeMMO or other forums (any size non-animated) as a thank you.

Edited by bl0nde

hmmm, I cant seem to get this to work for me. I've definitely enabled the mod, and I've tried toggling the DS sprites. The only thing I could see being an issue is that I need a clean rom with no other graphic or sprite changes. Can I get some confirmation?

EDIT: Nvm, got it working

Edited by Kizhaz

Scaling by decimals will cause rounding issues which will not look very good.
If it is absolutely needed, it can be added, but as far as I know it should not be.

I think that would be a good idea, at least for testing.

hmmm, I cant seem to get this to work for me. I've definitely enabled the mod, and I've tried toggling the DS sprites. The only thing I could see being an issue is that I need a clean rom with no other graphic or sprite changes. Can I get some confirmation?

Sorry but that's right, you need a clean rom.

Enemy Mudkip turns into a metalcoat sometimes  :D Other than that it is great so far. Good Job

Edit: To be more precise Wild Mudkip turned into a metalcoat in an instant. Same thing happened with a second wild mudkip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-VtKqShOBs

I had similar instances to this last night watching the official. For instance there was 1 frame where Jolteon became inverted. It's barely noticeable since it happens so quickly, but might be something to keep an eye on I think

Another weird thing, After I used ice beam on shelgon a sudden nidoqueen image appeared :D  might be because of last gen monster icons mod  but well better to inform.

I had similar instances to this last night watching the official. For instance there was 1 frame where Jolteon became inverted. It's barely noticeable since it happens so quickly, but might be something to keep an eye on I think

Unfortunately this error is not of the gif, is a bug the game. 

I apologize for not giving a solution.  :(

[spoiler] 

66sqIBt.gif

kc2Tvqg.gif

6HJmtWk.gif

[/spoiler]

Its been a while with your mod and I thought to point 2 things so you can check on:

1. Normal Caterpie animation is that of a Shiny Caterpie animation.

2. Shiny Gengar animation is that of a normal Gengar animation.

If I find more, i will let you know.