Ever caught a shiny? What was it?

iGlitzNinja

First ever was a Ponyta in Heart Gold (2009). Second was a Lunatone in Sapphire. Third was a Rhyhorn in Heart Gold. Fourth was a Shinx in Pearl. Fifth was a Growlithe in Heart Gold. Sixth was a Pawniard in Black. Seventh was an Audino in Black. Eighth was a Gulpin in Y. Ninth was a Deoxys in Alpha Sapphire (Only did 3 soft resets cause I failed to catch him the first 3 times. Used a Master Ball when he showed up shiny). Tenth was a Rattata in original Gold. Eleventh was a Hoppip in Leaf Green. The last one to date was a Tailow in my most recent run through of Emerald (Back in February this year).

Those were all encountered by regular encounters. No pokeradar. No shiny enhancing item. No cheating. Just good ol' 1/8192. (I have boatloads more from pokeradar, Masuda, Shiny Charm, Chain Fishing, and Generating pokemon).

Yet in all of my game time in PokeMMO I have not encountered a single shiny >.>

A tentacool back in 2012, I mean the dex entry says tentacool is like 90% water. So essentially I just caught shiny water, how is that supposed to make me feel.

Speshuuuuuuuuuul

Sitting at 3 OTs

Edited by TheChampionMike

I have already caught a lot of shinys in the original pokemon games. Some were met random, others were encountered by shiny fishing. I am a new player in PokeMMO, so I haven't catched any shiny so far. Hopefully that will change soon. (:

Got a shiny smoochum from an egg in Crystal, but i think i read somewhere that those had a higher chanse of being shinies because Shiny was determined by IVs in Gen 2. can anyone confirm?

Also got a shiny Carvanah in PokeMMo at 1069h or something.

• 2 weeks later...