Tierlist Changes by Usage: August 7, 2015

With the recent ban of Blissey, the Tier Board and its sub-councils have decided to adjust the tiers based on usage rates. This should have happened at least a month ago, but the OU Blissey/Snorlax ban and UU Chansey ban made us hesitate to take the stats as representative of the actual metagames. Now that it's been a month since Blissey and Snorlax were banned, and the Chansey ban has been made official, we're ready to adjust the tiers based on usage. 

The following changes have been made official:

Moved Up: These Pokemon had usage which was above the 4.36% cutoff point. They will be moved up from their corresponding tiers. Each Pokemon's usage percentage for this cycle will be listed next to the Pokemon's name.

Moved from UU to OU:

Porygon2 (30.33%)

Umbreon (14.51%)

Moved from NU to UU:

Absol (4.48%)

Moved Down: These Pokemon had usage which was below the 4.36% cutoff point. They will be moved down from their corresponding tiers. Each Pokemon's usage percentage for this cycle will be listed next to the Pokemon's name.

Moved from OU to UU

Dusclops (3.30%)

Rhydon (2.64%)

Moved from UU to NU

Gligar (4.10%)

Haunter (4.10%)

Misdreavus (4.10%)

Blastoise (3.36%)

Xatu (3.36%)

Flareon (2.61%)

Sneasel (2.61%)

Magmar (0.75%)

Fearow (0.75%)

Crobat (0.75%)

Note: Several Pokemon also fit the prerequisite to be moved down, but they have been moved and banned previously. This group of Pokemon will not be moved down. This group of Pokemon includes Pokemon such as Sceptile, Slaking, Jynx, etc.

Thanks to Dr.Craig for compiling this list. Note that the Pokemon who have been moved down will not necessarily stay in the tier: they may be banned at the NU council's discretion. Since this is the first update to the tier, quickbans may be used in case something like Fearow or Xatu is seen to be too strong. 

Regarding Umbreon and Porygon getting banned to OU:

[spoiler]

sean-bean-winter-is-coming_new.jpg?14152

[/spoiler]

Edited by Robofiend

I'm actually kind of excited about these tier changes. A bit skeptical about rhydon in UU though, choice band set pretty much 2hkos everything. Dusclops might be too wally, idk, but there's crawdaunt/absol to take it on. Dusclops also has umbreon syndrome where it is bait for a lot of pokemon, but I guess will o wisp/night shade or seismic toss can kind of alleviate that. I think the drop downs to NU will be ok for the most part, except maybe magmar, misdreavus, and possibly crobat. 

(I assume this is the thread for first thoughts on these changes)

Edited by BurntZebra

Lol i asked some people if they thought rhydon might go UU next update, and everyone thought i was an idiot  :D

called it 2 days ago :D

well usage stats are public for the most part, so any one can see what tier changes are going to be made. Although rhydon is UU by usage, there is a chance it could be banned to BL, depending on what the UU tier council decides.

Actually Zebra I agree with u I worry about blastoise in nu and rhydon and dusclops in uu, Blastoise is really bulky and Dusclups can really take a hit but with absol, crawdaunt maybe this one might not be such a problem. But rhydon man, behind a sub or with parahax support (looking at u Junior) it might be too much

Actually Zebra I agree with u I worry about blastoise in nu and rhydon and dusclops in uu, Blastoise is really bulky and Dusclups can really take a hit but with absol, crawdaunt maybe this one might not be such a problem. But rhydon man, behind a sub or with parahax support (looking at u Junior) it might be too much

I don't really think blastoise is an issue. NU is literally 85% toxic stall and blastoise relies on rest to recover hp, then stuff like ampharos/victreebel/bellossom can take advantage of it. I'd say choice band rhydon is much more threatening since it gets extra coverage like megahorn for exeggutor/claydol, and gets more immediate power so it actually kills vileplume/slowking, unlike swords dance that does a bit more to its switch ins but usually isn't enough for a ohko and therefore gets ohko'ed in return. Also I forgot about houndoom, which is immune to will o wisp and can pursuit trap dusclops, although it has to watch out for eq and focus punch. 

Flar, Magmar, Fearow, Sneasel in NU.

TIme to get into that tier, shit just got exciting

Pretty much like it, except the fact that sooner or later our UU is gonna lose reliable sdef walls (just my thought). Well I guess there is still Hypno, Clef, Kanga and Lanturn to take care of that role.

Ride On in UU doe. Damn. Reminds me of times when Dodrio and Rhydon were in every UU team back in the old days, you know how this ended up right

Pretty much like it, except the fact that sooner or later our UU is gonna lose reliable sdef walls (just my thought). Well I guess there is still Hypno, Clef, Kanga and Lanturn to take care of that role.

Ride On in UU doe. Damn. Reminds me of times when Dodrio and Rhydon were in every UU team back in the old days, you know how this ended up right

Too bad dodrio probably won't get moved back down, since low kick is op. Although if UU tier council decides to keep rhydon for whatever reason, I think something like miltank could get retested since the curse set loses to sd rhydon pretty hard. Tauros could also be considered since dusclops pretty much stops it cold and rhydon can take advantage of normal spam. This is all speculation since I don't think UU tier council has discussed anything yet. 

absol+ninetales was a broken combo in NU. I'm glad people realized absol was decent in UU.

They wasn't broken..  Absol was good in NU, but not broken.

Only reason Absol and Ninetales got moved up from NU is because I used them in UU everytime, only because I had no UU pokes.

I'd say over half of their uses in UU were because of me.

Also 85% toxic stall? really?

Sneasel gets ohko by mach, I don't think its much of a problem unless you trap hitmon first.

Fearow I think will be terror. Magmar unsure of, Flar unsure..

Edited by KaynineXL

grumpig has to worry about sneasel/flareon/misdreavus now. Kadabra loses to sneasel/flareon/fearow. Fearow forces a 50/50 since kadabra is ohko'ed by quick attack and has to watch out for pursuit still

Absol was like 50/50 kill if grumpig stayed with 130 base atk. Sneasel has like 95 atk.. not ohkoing for shit. Sneasel is just as paper as absol. sneasel still gonna trap, but overall its just more shit.

fearow doesn't ohko kadabra with qa.

Edited by KaynineXL
Nice, Umbreon to OU, now i see the Under Used list and want know, who stop him?, This is a joke no?

Alakazam with HP Ground - Psychic - Signal Beam - Calm Mind only Scizor can stop him
Alakazam with HP Fire - Psychic - Signal Beam - Calm Mind only Houndoom can stop him

So, now i need use Houndoom and Scizor all the duels?

Nice, Umbreon to OU, now i see the Under Used list and want know, who stop him?, This is a joke no?

Alakazam with HP Ground - Psychic - Signal Beam - Calm Mind only Scizor can stop him
Alakazam with HP Fire - Psychic - Signal Beam - Calm Mind only Houndoom can stop him

lf Careful Kanga

Absol was like 50/50 kill if grumpig stayed with 130 base atk. Sneasel has like 95 atk.. not ohkoing for shit. Sneasel is just as paper as absol. sneasel still gonna trap, but overall its just more shit.

fearow doesn't ohko kadabra with qa.

252+ Atk Choice Band Fearow Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kadabra: 106-126 (92.1 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

yes

Or, you know, alakazam could get banned. There's no need to throw a hissy fit

Yea I expect to see Alakazam get moved up within this month. If it is test banned for no reason I'm going to lose my shit.

thats the perfect way to talk as a tier list council member, good job craig! keep up the good work

jolly > ada , always go jolly when the pokemon is used or gonna be used on every single team.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.