[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

I think only if you're not the OT on the female? I'm not sure though.

You are correct.  

Wait. So that means. I can now finnaly breed my 5x31 kadabra with a 6x31?

You could make it 6x now sure(not sure at what cost though), but keep in mind to get a shiny baby you have to breed with 2 shinies.

Why are so many people breeding shiny's together? Other than Baby pokemon they're basically getting one pokemon the same in return and losing the father

sacrificing a common for a pre-evo isn't really a bad deal in the case of certain things like gengar, raichu, ursaring, etc. also there's the whole working towards a comp shiny thing you can do now.

EDIT: its really depressing to think that there are already people who have traded away there OTs and now will never get them back because they were used to breed. RIP.

Edited by Rigamorty

Thing is people will have to risk a female shiny Jynx magmar pikachu wobbuffet and marill right?

if so azurill is probably the easiest to get

LF confirmation

There is no risk though. You simply would sacrifice a male common shiny to breed with your female Jynx, Magmar, pikachu, wobby, marill etc

Ok guys so what the fuck just happened?

Get online breh. Update hype

After this update I scurried online to see if my Shiny Persian was female or male, hoping it was female (it wasn't)

If it was female I would have made an adamant or something Meowth and level 100 it for paydaying purposes.

On a side note, why does the OT mechanic have to work the way it does? If it was so you don't breed a chansey someone else is the OT of to get a chansey for your pokedex, why can this not be an exception for shinies? Its just overall discouraging for me with my Male persian, there is almost 0 reason to use it in the new breeding unless I want an egg move like Fake Out etc on something. oh well.

Edit: Male Shiny Smeargle's value just went up a lot as the objectively best egg move passer to other shinies.

Edited by Matoka

Edit: Male Shiny Smeargle's value just went up a lot as the objectively best egg move passer to other shinies.

except who the fuck is gonna pay even more than what smeargle was already worth just to kill it for some egg moves?