[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

The thing is.. I honestly thought about that when the update happened. Do hordes give the same % rate to get a shiny as a single battle.

Evidently, we can see way more shinies are found since hordes became a thing.. But is this because you can find hordes? Or is it actually because hordes motivated players to go out and hunt?

That's a question I'd like to know. Devs, if you're reading this. Please do.

Edited by KaynineXL

To be honest it's basic sense.
If I find 5 Pokemon in a horde , it's 5 times more likely than if I find just one. Now if I find 10 encounters doing a vs against horde/static

50 Pokemon (Horde) / 10 Pokemon (Static)
Already there's a 4/5 difference when I'm in a horde, x10 again and we'll get ...

500 Pokemon (Horde) / 100 Pokemon (Static)

If hordes are only in selected areas and there's a multiple ranged of people searching there (e.g. Mt Ember) I'm sure the odds in a horde increases then (happened for my brother finding shiny magikarp)

So yeah , what Riga said , but I also forgot to include Donator Status which many people are now using ;)

10 Encounters
-
50 Pokrmon (Horde) +10% / 10 Pokemon (Static) +10%

Edited by Imperial

It's definitely multiple rolls for shiny chance, there wouldn't be like 3 new magmar already if not.

there is a bunch of people looking for them tho

you know better about staff, they won't just sit and watch as you encounter a bunch of pokemon standing stil in a place, this would match with jim's theory that it isn't any easier to find a shiny in a horde but for different reasons

It's definitely multiple rolls for shiny chance, there wouldn't be like 3 new magmar already if not.

To be honest it's basic sense.
If I find 5 Pokemon in a horde , it's 5 times more likely than if I find just one. Now if I find 10 encounters doing a vs against horde/static

50 Pokemon (Horde) / 10 Pokemon (Static)
Already there's a 4/5 difference when I'm in a horde, x10 again and we'll get ...

500 Pokemon (Horde) / 100 Pokemon (Static)

If hordes are only in selected areas and there's a multiple ranged of people searching there (e.g. Mt Ember) I'm sure the odds in a horde increases then (happened for my brother finding shiny magikarp)

So yeah , what Riga said , but I also forgot to include Donator Status which many people are now using ;)

10 Encounters
-
50 Pokrmon (Horde) +10% / 10 Pokemon (Static) +10%

Doesn't matter.

That's not solid proof at all. The most important part would be that there are tons more people searching for them(most with donator), not to mention Hordes force Magmar to become a common encounter.

@imperial Everyone knows. That's obvious. It doesn't mean they couldn't have made each horde count as just 1 try at a shiny. 

Edited by KaynineXL

in hordes the pokes have the same chance of holding an item, or atleast a chance of holding an item, which would suggest that each pokemon in a horde are created seperatly from eachother. the chance of a shiny being in a horde might be lower than usuall i dunno, would make sense i guess...

also, like stated earlier Ive also read that hunting in a area doesnt lower your chances. but there is a big diffrence in lowering and rising the chance. This is pure speculating but i think the devs wanna promote a varied gameplay, running around catching/killing pokemon all over, doing som shardhunting, then everstones, then some pick-up etc. My guess is that being active and hunting diffrent places are rising the chance of getting these precious pixels we love so much.

Ive also read that hunting in a area doesnt lower your chances.

Shiny rate hasn't been a static amount for at least a year. It's variable depending on things like 'Whether donator status is active' 'Where you got your pogeyman' 'What you've been doing' 'How new you are' 'How much we think you're cheating' etc. A lot of the RNG for drops you encounter in the game is tailored in this format to combat cheating.

Edited by axx

Ive also read that hunting in a area doesnt lower your chances.

Shiny rate hasn't been a static amount for at least a year. It's variable depending on things like 'Whether donator status is active' 'Where you got your pogeyman' 'What you've been doing' 'How new you are' 'How much we think you're cheating' etc. A lot of the RNG for drops you encounter in the game is tailored in this format to combat cheating.

what is a pogeyman though?

@imperial Everyone knows. That's obvious. It doesn't mean they couldn't have made each horde count as just 1 try at a shiny. 

Hm never thought of it like that.

You may be right , but then again all the shinies are being found in hordes (incoming brainfreeze)

Also, I've noticed that in certain areas (e.g. Sootropolis City) when you get a horde only 1 Pokemon comes out. Is there any point to this? :P

Holy fk a Spanish guy got 2 Shinies on same day (I think) 1 Machamp and 1 Blaziken 

(Couldn't take pics of Machamp)

Nature - Adamant

The shinies are not found on the same day and you might want to hide the OT. The machamp is found the 24th April.

8rdAlkT.png Here is an image if it is needed for the actual thread purpose.

Edited by chtap

The shinies are not found on the same day and you might want to hide the OT. The machamp is found the 24th April.

8rdAlkT.png Here is an image if it is needed for the actual thread purpose.

That Blazi looks hatched , otherwise lucky with the Nature / Sp.Atk / Attack IV's (Although 31 Sp.Atk = nice)

Holy fk a Spanish guy got 2 Shinies on same day (I think) 1 Machamp and 1 Blaziken 

(Couldn't take pics of Machamp)

YJGkYZ5.png

Nature - Adamant

is that just now you saw? 

shiny blaziken didnt much change the color :(

If both parents are Shiny, the child will now always be Shiny. When breeding Shinies, the child's IV inheritance behaves differently:

• 4 random IVs are passed directly from the parents to the child. Of these 4, 2 will always be the highest possible value and 2 may be chosen by Braces.
  • 2 are averaged.

discuss

edit:

so shiny dittos just became super awesome.

Edited by Gilan