[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

On 8/14/2021 at 1:53 AM, Pecaeme said:

61260 encounters + 3060 eggs (51 boxes)

0.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

On 8/17/2021 at 10:40 AM, Deliburd said:

Nothing to say, I keep checking that the curse was broken. It wasn't Scyther but I'm going for it.

Does Nian's hat have powers?

398 encounters and 6 hours since the last Shiny.

time 1.png

weepinbell.jpg

weepin 2.png

as goldberg says: you're next!  @jonulo

49 minutes ago, Ayzakk said:

1988 hrs  OT  3

screenshot_1629353628.png

Screenshot_2.png

I'm a little confused. Can somebody tell me how he encountered this shiny as a single encounter with a repel up? He's basically actively trying to AVOID this kinda thing.

1 hour ago, Bryce said:

I'm a little confused. Can somebody tell me how he encountered this shiny as a single encounter with a repel up? He's basically actively trying to AVOID this kinda thing.

He's leading with a lvl 52 fainted Starmie

9 minutes ago, Bryce said:

What does that do that's so special?

Absolutely nothing. The lead mon has to be conscious for repel or overworld effect to work. In this case it's probably for Illuminate or a repel trick but neither will work whilst it's fainted (assuming it wasn't fainted during the battle).

Edited by kuplion
9 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Absolutely nothing. The lead mon has to be conscious for repel or overworld effect to work. In this case it's probably for Illuminate or a repel trick but neither will work whilst it's fainted (assuming it wasn't fainted during the battle).

So in reality he's simultaneously wasting a repel and not activating his Starmie's illuminate?

So he coincidentally got really lucky with a single encounter shiny while believing he was actively avoiding that?

14 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Overworld abilities does not have effect when the lead pokemon is fainted, on the other hand you can repel trick with a fainted lead. 

Edited by Pecaeme
ñ
17 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Repel trick work with a fainted lead. 

7 minutes ago, Bryce said:

So in reality he's simultaneously wasting a repel and not activating his Starmie's illuminate?

So he coincidentally got really lucky with a single encounter shiny while believing he was actively avoiding that?

No, repel trick work and u can see on that screenshoot. 

10 minutes ago, Pecaeme said:

Overworld abilities does not have effect when the lead pokemon is fainted, on the other hand you can repel trick with a fainted lead. 

6 minutes ago, NagaX said:

Repel trick work with a fainted lead. 

No, repel trick work and u can see on that screenshoot. 

I could have sworn the fainted lead repel trick method was removed in an update a while ago. TIL.