[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

On 7/23/2019 at 6:54 AM, Dibz said:

I mean people have also met two shinies in two back to back single encounters and caught both, 3 shinies in the same day, 2 in the same horde etc. So you're saying after you catch/run from a shiny, as in, encounter it, you're likely to find another one or aren't likely to find another one? Sounds pretty random to me.

No, no they didn't. I mean they did like 4 or 5 years ago (and even then they said it was a VERY temporary softban while they were investigated) but then they said they fixed that and that wasn't the case anymore, not even that long after.

And whether the devs lie about shiny chances or not (they're not, most people with lots of shinies average to around 30k), it's still fair. Cause SRIF.

Though I'd be down to test this out. Run away from every shiny I meet hell yeah 

You're probably right, I was just saying it wasn't out of the realm of possibility, a completely random number generator is hard to accomplish, there is usually some sort of input/output, people thought that shinies were completely random in the actual games too but their rng system was figured out, either way from what I've seen/experienced it is around that 30k mark and relativel fair, imo an algorithm that included the how long its been since you've encountered or caught a shiny would be pretty fair too. I would've been willing to test it out while looking for shiny deino by running from any shiny durants, but i got my shiny deino yesterday pNu2E6B.pngjmnW3Ns.png?1

It was dynamic at one point^

Edited by blankf4ce
On 7/24/2019 at 5:47 AM, blankf4ce said:

You're probably right, I was just saying it wasn't out of the realm of possibility, a completely random number generator is hard to accomplish, there is usually some sort of input/output, people thought that shinies were completely random in the actual games too but their rng system was figured out, either way from what I've seen/experienced it is around that 30k mark and relativel fair, imo an algorithm that included the how long its been since you've encountered or caught a shiny would be pretty fair too. I would've been willing to test it out while looking for shiny deino by running from any shiny durants, but i got my shiny deino yesterday pNu2E6B.pngjmnW3Ns.png?1

It was dynamic at one point^

Just so you know, back then the rate was a lie by the devs, nowadays it might stil be, and who knows if it really was, they never showed you a snipet of the formula they're using.

On 7/30/2019 at 5:26 AM, razimove said:

Just so you know, back then the rate was a lie by the devs, nowadays it might stil be, and who knows if it really was, they never showed you a snipet of the formula they're using.

Who knows if they ever even changed it, they could've just changed what they're telling you it is to be more accurate with the expected results.

Edited by blankf4ce