[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

2 hours ago, Hadesdiite said:

Found Shiny Cacnea and i accidentally fled, 125 encounters later found the SHINY TRAPINCH

I found 3 shiny on mirage tower:
Shiny Sandshrew but had no pokeball XD

Shiny Cacnea acidentally fled xD

the wanted shiny trapinch after just 125 encounters.
If i hadnt fleed from cacnea i probably would not have found it so happy :)
sxGPYF3.jpgVJ6uJzH.png

omg youre back, Congratulations!

2 hours ago, Foersterr said:

yeah and if you run from 3 shinies in a row and breed a charmander it will be shiny

bruh

Wow ur hilarious, no this was a serious question. The games rng is a mystery to all of us, just trying to figure it out. If you knew anything about rng you'd know its anything but random and based on an algorithm, running from a shiny may have something to do with it. 

also, game developers have all but admitted to using an algorithm when they said that the shiny rate takes a variety of factors into consideration, including how much the game thinks you're botting. 

Edited by blankf4ce
1 hour ago, blankf4ce said:

Wow ur hilarious, no this was a serious question. The games rng is a mystery to all of us, just trying to figure it out. If you knew anything about rng you'd know its anything but random and based on an algorithm, running from a shiny may have something to do with it. 

also, game developers have all but admitted to using an algorithm when they said that the shiny rate takes a variety of factors into consideration, including how much the game thinks you're botting. 

yea but later they told us it was all fair

4 minutes ago, awkways said:

yea but later they told us it was all fair

It may be fair, I don't know. "Fair" can also mean a lot of things. I just don't appreciate my question being made fun of, it is entirely possible that there is still a static shiny rate, and last caught shiny is one of the factors involved rather than last shiny encountered ... they did lie about the shiny rate being the same as the games for a long time... I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience of running from a shiny and encountering another one shortly after much like I and the previous poster had, thats what forums like this are for... could've just been a coincidence but still

13 hours ago, blankf4ce said:

It may be fair, I don't know. "Fair" can also mean a lot of things. I just don't appreciate my question being made fun of, it is entirely possible that there is still a static shiny rate, and last caught shiny is one of the factors involved rather than last shiny encountered ... they did lie about the shiny rate being the same as the games for a long time... I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience of running from a shiny and encountering another one shortly after much like I and the previous poster had, thats what forums like this are for... could've just been a coincidence but still

I mean people have also met two shinies in two back to back single encounters and caught both, 3 shinies in the same day, 2 in the same horde etc. So you're saying after you catch/run from a shiny, as in, encounter it, you're likely to find another one or aren't likely to find another one? Sounds pretty random to me.

14 hours ago, blankf4ce said:

including how much the game thinks you're botting. 

No, no they didn't. I mean they did like 4 or 5 years ago (and even then they said it was a VERY temporary softban while they were investigated) but then they said they fixed that and that wasn't the case anymore, not even that long after.

And whether the devs lie about shiny chances or not (they're not, most people with lots of shinies average to around 30k), it's still fair. Cause SRIF.

Though I'd be down to test this out. Run away from every shiny I meet hell yeah