[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

1 minute ago, Dibz said:

I swear on my life it's not. I'm....honestly speechless. I might look back and laugh (in pain) someday but bruh. Can this shit even happen??

Here's an extended battle log. I swear on everything it's not photoshopped.

Tbh i think you ran accidentally. Sometimes I see chat logs duplicate until i switch tabs a few times and it fixes itself. Like i'll see the same group of people say the same thing twice in global a few minutes apart until I switch tabs and switch back. Then it typically fixes itself to be how it should be. I think the "wild gloom appeared" is just a chat bug that duplicated from earlier in the battle log and you got away safely from the horde. Unless you saw something diffferent

7 minutes ago, awkways said:

Tbh i think you ran accidentally. Sometimes I see chat logs duplicate until i switch tabs a few times and it fixes itself. Like i'll see the same group of people say the same thing twice in global a few minutes apart until I switch tabs and switch back. Then it typically fixes itself to be how it should be. I think the "wild gloom appeared" is just a chat bug that duplicated from earlier in the battle log and you got away safely from the horde. Unless you saw something diffferent

Nope. So you notice the time gap between the battle logs? I was tabbed out sending the screenshot to friends on Discord. I tab back in and I see a Gloom. One ugly, non-shiny Gloom...

Edit: I've tabbed out and back into trade chat multiple times since. If I ran, I'd feel bad about it but at least I'd know and keep hunting. How does this even happen? I'm also really worried that the bug report won't result in anything...

Edited by Dibz
1 minute ago, Dibz said:

Nope. So you notice the time gap between the battle logs? I was tabbed out sending the screenshot to friends on Discord. I tab back in and I see a Gloom. One ugly, non-shiny Gloom...

Yeah, good point, could be "divine" intervention

4 minutes ago, awkways said:

Yeah, good point, could be "divine" intervention

Also, most accidental runs happen on Turn 1. I hate how unbelievable this whole thing sounds. Sigh. 

I should've screenshotted the whole screen both times. I'm stupid

Edited by Dibz
1 minute ago, Dibz said:

Also, most accidental runs happen on Turn 1. I hate how unbelievable this whole thing sounds. Sigh. 

Eh nah happened to me once too. Was doing the exact same thing, pm'ing friends to come spectate or whatever while in the process of knocking out the non-shinys, went to click back on the battle and accidentally clicked the run button

Jwm0WCD.png

5 minutes ago, awkways said:

Eh nah happened to me once too. Was doing the exact same thing, pm'ing friends to come spectate or whatever while in the process of knocking out the non-shinys, went to click back on the battle and accidentally clicked the run button

Jwm0WCD.png

Thing is, I Alt+tab when I switch windows. Also omg that's the legendary Palpitoed I've heard about. Battle chat didn't say "Got away safely!" though, it was literally just a Gloom. Out of nowhere.

2 hours ago, Dibz said:

Thing is, I Alt+tab when I switch windows. Also omg that's the legendary Palpitoed I've heard about. Battle chat didn't say "Got away safely!" though, it was literally just a Gloom. Out of nowhere.

Well that sucks, I'd say it could also be you ran with your Dash's runaway ability, which wouldn't show "got away safely" but you linked it to me about 10 minutes later and it had the other ability. What sucks is you know they're not gonna give you a shiny because of something like this, same as the guy who found shiny marowak's mother didn't get a replacement, nor did Crimar with his elfbot shiny, etc. So hopefully you win that event tomorrow for that shiny F.