[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

2 hours ago, Jate said:

Thanks Mariah, long time no see. That's pretty cool, seems like its via hordes. Could anybody link me a thread about horde mechanics, or how to shiny hunt through them? Ive seen pics with big hordes but my first couple are only 3 pokemon

You can try without hordes as well. Personally I've found 3 shinies specifically by hunting singles and 1 which just showed up as I made my way to some hordes. 

2 minutes ago, AlateaOlwyn said:

You can try without hordes as well. Personally I've found 3 shinies specifically by hunting singles and 1 which just showed up as I made my way to some hordes. 

How long would an average hunt take you? I know that it is purely RNG but just to get an idea of whether its worth doing or not

13 hours ago, Jate said:

How long would an average hunt take you? I know that it is purely RNG but just to get an idea of whether its worth doing or not

Hugely vary, depending on the RNG. Some people hunt for months and get nothing, others hunt for days and get 2 in the same day within a hour of difference.

On average I think people find them in ~20k encounters.  Although I'm at 3-4 weeks of bagons 28k+ singles and not even a golbat from horde found.

56 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Hugely vary, depending on the RNG. Some people hunt for months and get nothing, others hunt for days and get 2 in the same day within a hour of difference.

On average I think people find them in ~20k encounters.  Although I'm at 3-4 weeks of bagons 28k+ singles and not even a golbat from horde found.

just people who rmt em or get scammed for 1-2m find to fast rare shiny there is a shit trick that's all lol For people who doesnt that need alot of rng to find em..

Edited by DarylDixon
44 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

just people who rmt em or get scammed for 1-2m find to fast rare shiny there is a shit trick that's all lol For people who doesnt that need alot of rng to find em..

Well, that's a given Daryl. Don't want to hint much but last bagon sold was scammed by a known scammer and he's still playing under a new name.