[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

10 minutes ago, Jate said:

So is shiny hunting actually a thing in thisgame now? I've been gone for like 2 years, someone pls update me

Everyone is too lazy to actually tell anybody anything anymore lol 

but yes, it seems that way! there are even teams now apparently entirely dedicated to shiny hunting ;o

Wb Jate, it is Mariah ~

Just now, RealLifeAngel said:

Everyone is too lazy to actually tell anybody anything anymore lol 

but yes, it seems that way! there are even teams now apparently entirely dedicated to shiny hunting ;o

Wb Jate, it is Mariah ~

Thanks Mariah, long time no see. That's pretty cool, seems like its via hordes. Could anybody link me a thread about horde mechanics, or how to shiny hunt through them? Ive seen pics with big hordes but my first couple are only 3 pokemon

Just now, Jate said:

Thanks Mariah, long time no see. That's pretty cool, seems like its via hordes. Could anybody link me a thread about horde mechanics, or how to shiny hunt through them? Ive seen pics with big hordes but my first couple are only 3 pokemon

Yes I has seen that too, also been told that berry farming helps w/ finding shinies too, I suppose a specific type of berry & the use of the move "sweet scent" also apparently helps by attracting more Pokémon or something like that, idunno lol

but yes long time in need like 3 or 4 years lol

17 minutes ago, Jate said:

Certain hordes are 3, others are 5. Spots with 5s that come to mind are cinnabar mansion and it's basement, pattern bush or what ever that heracross spot is, and sky pillar. Try those places. 

12 minutes ago, RealLifeAngel said:

Yes I has seen that too, also been told that berry farming helps w/ finding shinies too, I suppose a specific type of berry & the use of the move "sweet scent" also apparently helps by attracting more Pokémon or something like that, idunno lol

but yes long time in need like 3 or 4 years lol

Sweet scent attracts hordes. Every time you use sweet scent it takes 5 pp from every Pokémon in the party with the move. Leppa berries restore pp.