[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

41 minutes ago, pachima said:

I see. 

I see u have no idea how much I actually hunt nowadays.

over 300 comps ev trained by hordes and leveled with hordes.

Over 100 pokemons to sell on gtl leveled to level 100 with hordes.

I do evtraining and shiny hunting, and I can confirm, evtraining is way, waaay slower than pure shiny hunting. It's still kind of hunting, but yea, way slower.

Just now, Raederz said:

I do evtraining and shiny hunting, and I can confirm, evtraining is way, waaay slower than pure shiny hunting. It's still kind of hunting, but yea, way slower.

slower doesnt mean much when I have more than 200k encounters with a single shiny and most of these ppl get one every 20k or less

I understand luck is luck no matter what but this just ticks the point where it gets absurd.

2 minutes ago, pachima said:

slower doesnt mean much when I have more than 200k encounters with a single shiny and most of these ppl get one every 20k or less

I understand luck is luck no matter what but this just ticks the point where it gets absurd.

ye, maybe you got unlucky, but regarding the rate range, it's very frequent that .. a bit of unluck makes things a lot longer.

Most of the people I asked are like this :

Most shinies between 20 and 40k

Sometimes one under 20k

Sometimes one over 80k (not rarely, just "sometimes")

And an average between 40 and 50k (because the ones over 80k may change it a lot)

As you said, luck is luck, and the only point you can controle is how you feel about it. Regarding this point, farming slower means a lot.

6 minutes ago, Raederz said:

ye, maybe you got unlucky, but regarding the rate range, it's very frequent that .. a bit of unluck makes things a lot longer.

Sometimes one under 20k

And an average between 40 and 50k (because the ones over 80k may change it a lot)

As you said, luck is luck, and the only point you can controle is how you feel about it. Regarding this point, farming slower means a lot.

200k + encounters is the same no matter the time lmao.

I honestly dont care much about shiny, but when I see ppl getting literally free money with so few encounters and so regularly, it feels economy can crumble any second.

Also, with amount of grind for next gen, all this discrepancy on shiny rate makes things really really unbalanced.

As a shiny player, all this is meh, but (edit: as a comp player) looking forward for a whole new grinding game and a lot of monetary waste, its unmotivating and not right at all to have such differences, hence the shiny reset rate.

Edited by pachima
Just now, Raederz said:

Economy is massive sample, luck has no impact on massive sample.

on most scenarios yeah, but injections of millions every 10k+ encounters for some players is huge.

And since multiple ppl seem to have the boosted rate, we are talking on billions and billions of pokedollars If this was one time only or whatever, ok, but when I can name less than 10 ppl having more than 150 shinies total, you know? Stuff adds on.

Also, with new gen, if these players keep on getting shinies like now of new gens, u can be sure u will say goodbye to any fairness connected to this game anymore.

I shiny hunt mostly because hordes experience is really high in some scenarios meaning a lot of level up, but if I would end up getting 20 shinies with this and manage to buy everything I wanted with relatively little effort, I would see stuff as really cheap, whether other ppl with probably more time spent into grind, wouldnt have near as many cash as I do, and therefore stuff would be expensive for them.

Luck: MUCH MUCH more money  (difference is absurd in this game) = more invests like donators, bla bla bla = even more money.

Im now repeating too much, but I agree luck should be a crutial factor in mmo games, but in this one, stuff is just getting more and more absurd.

26 minutes ago, pachima said:

on most scenarios yeah, but injections of millions every 10k+ encounters for some players is huge.

And since multiple ppl seem to have the boosted rate, we are talking on billions and billions of pokedollars If this was one time only or whatever, ok, but when I can name less than 10 ppl having more than 150 shinies total, you know? Stuff adds on.

Also, with new gen, if these players keep on getting shinies like now of new gens, u can be sure u will say goodbye to any fairness connected to this game anymore.

I shiny hunt mostly because hordes experience is really high in some scenarios meaning a lot of level up, but if I would end up getting 20 shinies with this and manage to buy everything I wanted with relatively little effort, I would see stuff as really cheap, whether other ppl with probably more time spent into grind, wouldnt have near as many cash as I do, and therefore stuff would be expensive for them.

Luck: MUCH MUCH more money  (difference is absurd in this game) = more invests like donators, bla bla bla = even more money.

Im now repeating too much, but I agree luck should be a crutial factor in mmo games, but in this one, stuff is just getting more and more absurd.

inb4 u say fuck it, start hunting and get a nice shiny fairly quickly. stop complaining

3 hours ago, Raederz said:

Sometimes one under 20k

10 shinies in 100k encounters for me 

U think shiny market will keep like this after all this bs? ok

Just reminded you how devalued some shinies are right now.

It seems im the only person who can see the future, but im calling the day ppl will buy shinies for like 300k or so, less money, less leppas, less encounters, less shinies, just a cycle u could as well prevent right now.

But keep thinking like that, I wont say anything else, c u when thiscrumbles apart.

1 minute ago, pachima said:

U think shiny market will keep like this after all this bs? ok

Just reminded you how devalued some shinies are right now.

It seems im the only person who can see the future, but im calling the day ppl will buy shinies for like 300k or so, less money, less leppas, less encounters, less shinies, just a cycle u could as well prevent right now.

But keep thinking like that, I wont say anything else, c u when thiscrumbles apart.

Why u let pixels trigger you bro

remember cyber bullying doesnt exist

42 minutes ago, Parke said:

Someone tell this guy the shiny market has been fucked for years

How to have a well organised market :

Lot of products

Lot of customers

Clear information for everybody

__

Problem is more about "rare shiny market" to me.

Lot of products : no.

Lot of customers : no.

Clear information for everybody : Not estimation thread, not enought rare shinies to have them all listed, people dont want to put a price, people dont want to offer (which is normal, because they potentially lose money by being the one who fix the price)

By essence, rare shinies market sucks.

And about rats/tentacool shiny market, fucked or not, who cares?

Edited by Raederz
On 16.5.2017 at 7:04 PM, pachima said:

if I would end up getting 20 shinies with this and manage to buy everything I wanted with relatively little effort, I would see stuff as really cheap

I assume the (lucky) players in question hunt shinies to gather as many OTs as possible and aren't actually selling them. Sure, their wealth does grow (Shinies being the assets), but this additional wealth remains unused/out of contact with the economy.

On 16.5.2017 at 10:56 PM, pachima said:

im calling the day ppl will buy shinies for like 300k or so

We had times during which certain shinies (I can think of Tentacool/Tentacruel, Diglett, Tangela, ...) were worth that much and the fact that those cost e.g. twice, thrice, ... as much now shows how unstable either the shiny market is or how high the inflation rates have become in this game (certain prices doubling after a few years while in RL a 'normal' inflation rate would be doubling prices after a few decades). But this could be the topic of an own ecnomoic discussion thread or something alike.

Maybe you not getting anything after 200k+ encouters is just bad luck/an outlier, but since @Kyu said "But receiving nothing after 40k encounters is pretty suspect and since people are reporting it's a common occurrence I'll take a look." maybe your case is worth a look.

Edited by Anthrazit