[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

15 minutes ago, kevola said:

But it is... 

I think it's the other way round. People with multiple OT's would think it's not just luck 

I used to be very active and encountered a lot. I was constantly breeding  (old breeding), encountering to unlocking the egg's moves and species, IV checking and paydaying. I had very little idle time in game, clocked 2k hours and had no OT shinies. Now I'm significantly less active and afk a lot more, but I'm at 3 shinies. I consider myself lucky xD

Nobody who has shinies will even be able to comprehend the time and dedication other players can put into the game and understand the frustration that comes after gaining nothing.

And then we have these guys saying that they haven't done anything to deserve one..

They are type of people that call you a liar when you tell them you have been doing something for your whole life, just because they want to be better than you at whatever it is..

Edited by frogbussoms
On 7/24/2016 at 9:20 AM, frogbussoms said:

Nobody who has shinies will even be able to comprehend the time and dedication other players can put into the game and understand the frustration that comes after gaining nothing.

And then we have these guys saying that they haven't done anything to deserve one..

They are type of people that call you a liar when you tell them you have been doing something for your whole life, just because they want to be better than you at whatever it is..

How many hours you got?

On 24/07/2016 at 10:20 AM, frogbussoms said:

Well, I cant understand cuz I probably got 4 OT by luck.

I can't "gain nothing" cuz I dont stop before catching one.

Talking about frustration ? A shiny Sealeo was found, when I was hunting Spheal from 100+ hours (I mean, 100 hours only on battle, no counting afk and no hunting stuff).  I dun stopped, and finally got it.

Remember when these "shiny rate" topic started, you talked with me in game, you told me you were hunting for Taillow. So, you must not be ch1 cuz never seen you hunting.

Guys you're overcomplicating this.

Finding a shiny is like a roll of a dice, also known as risk taking aka gambling.

As Gizmo mentioned awhile ago, your chances reset within each encounter, just like a dice. There ain't no "hax" just a donator status which INCREASES that chance, but it still resets each time with a low probability.

I have 800+ hours and no OT but that's irrelevant. I'm sure gamblers get frustrated too, difference is they can actually LOSE something in the process.

35 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Finding a shiny is like a roll of a dice, also known as risk taking aka gambling.

As Gizmo mentioned awhile ago, your chances reset within each encounter, just like a dice. There ain't no "hax" just a donator status which INCREASES that chance, but it still resets each time with a low probability.

I have 800+ hours and no OT but that's irrelevant. I'm sure gamblers get frustrated too, difference is they can actually LOSE something in the process.

But our precious Leppa berries are gone in the process

38 minutes ago, Imperial said:

You're right BUT a roll of dice is not just "random". Every roll is independant, but taking a set of rolls make the probabilities way different :p

15 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

How many hours you got?

Hours isn't a good indicator of how much effort you have put in lol.. (this is why we need an encounter tracker)

Some people stand around doing nothing but chatting for half of their game time.

Edited by frogbussoms
10 hours ago, Xenocider said:

f3b1c263e8324558a96a9cf54af412f4.png

Here is a pic of Shiny Combusken to fill the needed picture.

Was the blaziken test server?  If not, I can go ahead and post it again once this is evolved.

shit son i didnt see this. i applaud you. I hope it has a nice nature too.