[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

I really do think the hordes+tradable donator is great for the game and should have happened a long time ago. Before it was incredible hard to get a shiny, it still is very hard.. but at least it's not almost "impossible".

I do feel for those shiny traders though, shinies as a whole would probably get weaker in value as time goes on and more shinies are caught. Hopefully, after a while, shinies could become more affordable and people start buying them though. I'v tried selling shinies in the past, it's one of my most disturbing things I ever did personally. It would be great if it wasn't so hard to sell them.

I really do think the hordes+tradable donator is great for the game and should have happened a long time ago. Before it was incredible hard to get a shiny, it still is very hard.. but at least it's not almost "impossible".

I do feel for those shiny traders though, shinies as a whole would probably get weaker in value as time goes on and more shinies are caught. Hopefully, after a while, shinies could become more affordable and people start buying them though. I'v tried selling shinies in the past, it's one of my most disturbing things I ever did personally. It would be great if it wasn't so hard to sell them.

its a real shame selling shinies on the gtl never really caught on. An auction feature would help them I'm sure, but eh.

Selling on trade chat is pretty awful, especially with language barriers.

its a real shame selling shinies on the gtl never really caught on. An auction feature would help them I'm sure, but eh.

i hate it...

"how much?" "(amount)" "nono, me no money" "any pokemon or items u can add to the money you have?" "no habo engles, espanol?" "you have blocked used -----"

The thing is, it really could become a thing though. The only thing stopping it becoming a thing is the tax is extortionate when selling expensive shinies. 

What was the reasoning for the tax again? To stop GTL being spammed with crap at high prices that won't sell? Or maybe, just for a sink hole for cash.

What if shinies had an exclusive tax rate, which was much lower than the normal rate? That could actually solve the problem. 1m tax to sell something at 10m is just way too much, especially when you're not guaranteed it will sell. If I could put a 10m shiny in GTL with tax around 100k-200k on the other hand, that would probably make it become a thing.

The thing is, it really could become a thing though. The only thing stopping it becoming a thing is the tax is extortionate when selling expensive shinies.

What was the reasoning for the tax again? To stop GTL being spammed with crap at high prices that won't sell? Or maybe, just for a sink hole for cash.

What if shinies had an exclusive tax rate, which was much lower than the normal rate? That could actually solve the problem. 1m tax to sell something at 10m is just way too much, especially when you're not guaranteed it will sell. If I could put a 10m shiny in GTL with tax around 100k-200k on the other hand, that would probably make it become a thing.

the tax isn't really the only issue, the shiny "economy" is really fluid so listing without any room for negotiation makes people look at a price and think "if he wants that much i can probably get it for less somewhere else since no one has bought that one yet" since 99% of shiny trading is an attempt to make profit, so a buyout only thing like the gtl isn't that great on its own. Granted you're right the tax is part of the blame too.

And yet, I'm still wasting leppas running through hordes of magmars with donator

Guess how many shiny magmars Ive encountered so far

I did the same for 14~ days and I gave up(1st-14th april). I encountered around 28.000(counted from pp consumed from scent) pokemon in total with donator status and no shiny. I believe shiny encounter mechanic punishes players that encounter pokemon and run all the time. Its more likely to find shiny if you are not hunting for it, for example while eving etc. Sticking in same area encountering pokemon nonstop and running all the time is gg. These 3 years I have been playing this game I found 7 shinys in total. Only 2 of em were found while I was actually shiny hunting, and believe me, I have spent much more hours hunting for shiny than eving/grinding items/exp.

I did the same for 14~ days and I gave up(1st-14th april). I encountered around 28.000(counted from pp consumed from scent) pokemon in total with donator status and no shiny. I believe shiny encounter mechanic punishes players that encounter pokemon and run all the time. Its more likely to find shiny if you are not hunting for it, for example while eving etc. Sticking in same area encountering pokemon nonstop and running all the time is gg. These 3 years I have been playing this game I found 7 shinys in total. Only 2 of em were found while I was actually shiny hunting, and believe me, I have spent much more hours hunting for shiny than eving/grinding items/exp.

I could be wrong. But I think noad said that shiny hunting in a specific position does not affect negative the chances of finding shiny. So is just bad luck

I could be wrong. But I think noad said that shiny hunting in a specific position does not affect negative the chances of finding shiny. So is just bad luck

no, but the game assigns you a "botting" rating that is fluid. This rating affects the odds of you getting a shiny, also if you pass a certain threshold you will be prompted with a captcha. This rating likely increases if you do repetitive tasks over and over at a steady rhythm.

For example, if you go to the game corner and run a program that enters key strokes at a specific rate, you can essentially "bot" the game corner; however, the game instantly recognizes this and will never give you a win a the slots while the key strokes are being inputted at the same intervals of time. (This is obviously against the rules, so don't do it, lel).