32 Players
Unlimited Reserves
6v6 Doubles Tournament
Level 50

Secret bracket

Date + Time:
Date: Tuesday August 11th

Time: 5PM EDT | 9PM GMT

Registration will open 10 minutes prior to the tournament. To register post an IGN in this thread. You may only register one person per user. Edited posts will NOT be accepted as a valid registration.

Silph Co, Channel 7

Clauses:

Evasion / Unique Species / OHKO / Self-KO / OP Item / Time - *No sleep clause!*
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned moves : 

Torment, Counter, Mirror coat

*Baton Pass will be unbanned for the duration of the tournament*

List of banned Pokemon:

N/A

1st Place Prize:

gengar.gif

Shiny GIFT Gengar w/ Hidden Power Ice

Your choice of nature with IVs HP 25 | ATK 24 | DEF 24 | SPEED 31 | SP.ATK 25 | SP.DEF 25 - Untradeable

AND

1,000,000 Pokeyen

or

20,000 Battle Points

2nd Place Prize:

Runner Up's choice of

10,000 Battle Points

OR

500 Reward Points

Notes:

• You may AFK timeout your opponent as soon as the button appears. This clause will not be in effect for the Semi Finals or Final round, where you will only be allowed to press it after the referee gives permission to do so.
  • Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ.
  • Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.
  • As soon as your match ends, you will be called to come back to the table. You have 10 minutes to do so. No time extensions will be given. The matchup will be announced after both players have returned.

Hosts: CaptainGrey

Refs: Noad

:ph34r:

Why are they actually banned? I mean they only bug out under specific circumstances, but I mean if we just banned every move that was bugged in specific scenarios, then we'd have thunder wave banned/other moves I can't think of right now. Could just be like "use mirror coat and counter at your own discretion" since I don't think its really a deadlock issue unlike torment. 

Also yeah eggplant stop hosting gimmicks kek

its doubles. so no one is going to run baton pass as usual

edit: mirror coat+counter unbanned? or just error from singles copy

Even then i can see some people work around that move even in doubles especially without sleep clause

Why are they actually banned? I mean they only bug out under specific circumstances, but I mean if we just banned every move that was bugged in specific scenarios, then we'd have thunder wave banned/other moves I can't think of right now. Could just be like "use mirror coat and counter at your own discretion" since I don't think its really a deadlock issue unlike torment. 

Can I get a response for this? I mean there's not a great reason to keep them banned, since they're not utterly broken in doubles and should never cause a deadlock. 

Also yeah eggplant stop hosting gimmicks kek

It's not a good idea for me to explain how to reproduce it, but we've figured out what causes the bug and determined that it's extremely exploitable/unfair, to a much greater extent than the bugged Thunder Wave/Lightningrod interactions (the problem with that is the ability anyway, not the move). Counter and Mirror Coat cannot be allowed in doubles at all in their current form due to the nature of the issue.

On the bright side though, it will be fixed next update~

It's not a good idea for me to explain how to reproduce it, but we've figured out what causes the bug and determined that it's extremely exploitable/unfair, to a much greater extent than the bugged Thunder Wave/Lightningrod interactions (the problem with that is the ability anyway, not the move). Counter and Mirror Coat cannot be allowed in doubles at all in their current form due to the nature of the issue.

On the bright side though, it will be fixed next update~

I did a decent amount of the preliminary testing with zehkar with the bug. I don't really see how its exploitable