Photo

[IPS] Moemon Patch (Updated Graphics)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#26 Giygas

Giygas
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Okay, this is the correct IPS file that contains all 386 moemon icons. Its for the japanese fire red.

http://www.mediafire...p8c9clb6rd4vlg8

And will that apply properly to the english version as well?

#27 Croix

Croix
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

I'm tempted to make this happen. If I do, maybe you'll feel so bad for me that you'll just facepalm and hand me a zigzagoon :P

It has happened already. Squirtle got a blue Mew from the event.

#28 BakaSchwarz

BakaSchwarz
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

And will that apply properly to the english version as well?

No, it does not, but that is not important anymore :D Because i created a new patch in which i included the icons :D Took me some time, but now its perfect :D I will update the first post in a sec :D

#29 Skywish

Skywish
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

i created a new patch in which i included the icons :D Took me some time, but now its perfect :D I will update the first post in a sec :D

Wow that is pretty impressive

#30 Anzhelika

Anzhelika
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Pls do Soul Silver with the followers :3

#31 BakaSchwarz

BakaSchwarz
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Pls do Soul Silver with the followers :3

I'm a total newbie to rom hacking, so i don't know much about DS roms and to be honest not much about gba roms as well xD But i will keep my eyes open and if i should find something that some way or the other could be implemented in the DS roms, i will let you guys know :)

#32 Heidern

Heidern
  • Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Does this happen to every sprite in battle or is is just this moemon? :o I have not encountered such problems yet.

Cacnea only, so far ...

#33 BakaSchwarz

BakaSchwarz
  • Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Cacnea only, so far ...

Okay, i fixed the problem and checked every other moemon battle position. They should be fine now :3

#34 Blackram

Blackram
  • Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Loving this keep up the awesome work BakaSchwarz :D

#35 BakaSchwarz

BakaSchwarz
  • Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Added a patch for the english ruby versions. Contains only the battle sprites. The icons will be added later.

#36 Kitsu

Kitsu
  • Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Very Cute but why does it feel like I'm killing something inside of me when i see two of them "killing" each other?
Also wouldn't this close to cannablism since I haven't seen one normal animal in the game or show?

#37 LoliSauce

LoliSauce
  • Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

Very Cute but why does it feel like I'm killing something inside of me when i see two of them "killing" each other?
Also wouldn't this close to cannablism since I haven't seen one normal animal in the game or show?

Is it any better than when normal Pokemon are killing each other?

Regardless, I like to imagine that Moemon "fight" as if they were play-fighting.

i.e. Bite is like this:
Spoiler

And other stuff like Surf literally has your Moemon surfing with friends. Then the enemy gets hurt because they didn't get invited to go surfing with them.
  • Luftwaffle, BakaSchwarz and KnightofChaos like this

#38 Crackpunch

Crackpunch
  • Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

Creepiest thing I've seen in a while. Each to their own, I guess.

#39 BakaSchwarz

BakaSchwarz
  • Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

http://bulbapedia.bu...e_Pokémon_world
They exist. And at least for my part i can say that i never killed a pokemon. They just faint all the time. Best example is Snorlax. When you beat it or flee from the battle it says that its going back to the mountains. No killing there ^^

#40 Wuppertaler93

Wuppertaler93
  • Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

Unfortunately, the patch does not work for me
Spoiler

except for the small pictures

----------------------------------------
leider funktioniert der patch bei mir nicht

ausser die kleinen bilder

#41 Giygas

Giygas
  • Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Unfortunately, the patch does not work for me

Spoiler

except for the small pictures

----------------------------------------
leider funktioniert der patch bei mir nicht

ausser die kleinen bilder

If you go to settings and turn off the option "Use DS Sprites" it should work.

#42 Wuppertaler93

Wuppertaler93
  • Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

If you go to settings and turn off the option "Use DS Sprites" it should work.

Thanks for your help its work ^^

Its very Kawaii

#43 BossEpoch

BossEpoch
  • Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

I like this, adds an interesting spin to the game. (They're also all incredibly adorable) I would love to see a follower update if it's even possible in the future.

#44 Azero

Azero
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

Cant DL the file form mediafire...
Could you pls upload the files to other space eg. www.sendspace.com ?

#45 deered

deered
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

Love this Moemon patch.

#46 CookieMachina

CookieMachina
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

its lovely!
glad i picked up on this. where were you 3 months ago when i was editing moemon games? D:
definitely supporting this, more ppl should get into moemon.
i mean, come on, its got like everything.. moe.. pokemon.. what greater thing is there?

also snooped thru your patch a little.
cant say i completely agree with your sprite choices, but i guess thats a matter of taste.
EXCEPT! charizard. what were you thinking?! its like the worst version :( (no offense, just saying)
other stuff is more like this:
Posted Image
i went for the right one, for example. and trust me, i rly took my time with this (its important!).
im unhealthily obsessed with detail 8(
other than that i just saw a little pixel error on moltres (its literally 1 pixel lol)

been a while i made my moemon version, but i still have all the sprites i collected over time:
http://localhostr.co...404 Sprites.zip
maybe you have some use for it. :3 its still not everything though.
there were some exclusively featured in some of the uncountable moemon versions i found on the japanese web.
but im positive i atleast got the best ones in this (or what i percieve as such).

btw. where did you find the party icons?
i remember it took me FOREVER and i was frustrated as hell...
(just need to know T_T)

anyways, good luck with this!
and if you ever need any help, dont hesitate to ask :>
  • BakaSchwarz likes this

#47 BakaSchwarz

BakaSchwarz
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

its lovely!
glad i picked up on this. where were you 3 months ago when i was editing moemon games? D:
definitely supporting this, more ppl should get into moemon.
i mean, come on, its got like everything.. moe.. pokemon.. what greater thing is there?

also snooped thru your patch a little.
cant say i completely agree with your sprite choices, but i guess thats a matter of taste.
EXCEPT! charizard. what were you thinking?! its like the worst version :( (no offense, just saying)
other stuff is more like this:
Posted Image
i went for the right one, for example. and trust me, i rly took my time with this (its important!).
im unhealthily obsessed with detail 8(
other than that i just saw a little pixel error on moltres (its literally 1 pixel lol)

been a while i made my moemon version, but i still have all the sprites i collected over time:
http://localhostr.co...404 Sprites.zip
maybe you have some use for it. :3 its still not everything though.
there were some exclusively featured in some of the uncountable moemon versions i found on the japanese web.
but im positive i atleast got the best ones in this (or what i percieve as such).

btw. where did you find the party icons?
i remember it took me FOREVER and i was frustrated as hell...
(just need to know T_T)

anyways, good luck with this!
and if you ever need any help, dont hesitate to ask :>

Don't worry. When it comes to detail, i'm kinda the same xD
I actually have never seen this charmander before :D How did this happen? xD Well, i WILL edit a LOT of the sprites in the future. Even now i found about 30 sprites im going to change. Most of them were never used in a moemon game rom :) yeah and for charizard... the evil version (may i call it so?) is not the final one, but i kinda liked it xD yeah moltres... the last time i change that pixel was when my sprite editor crashed and i must have forgotten about it somehow xD thanks for reminding me :D

EDIT: Well with that download you provided, you already saved me a lot of work with editing. And one question: are you familiar with title screen editing?

EDIT;EDIT: Here is the IPS for the icons. Its on the main page of the moemon site. A little below the full game patches :D http://galophoy.saku...src/ms20700.zip

#48 Smooches

Smooches
  • Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

can u see shinies on using this??

#49 BakaSchwarz

BakaSchwarz
  • Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

can u see shinies on using this??

You can and it is worth it :D

#50 Smooches