[Denied] Make our own In Game vanity items

Hello PokeMMO community! ^^

I suggest a machine to make our own in game vanity items because I know a lot of friends looking for new vanity items with their own style since the first "Limited Vanity Item" in the Gift Shop.

So, for the machine I suggest to pay like 1000-1500 Rewards Points with a system to draw our own vanity items.

If you like my idea and if you have your own ideas about a system like that you can post them here! =)

If you don't like my idea, you can tell me why please? Thank you. :)

Okay but why not?

I don't know if the devs would ever consider it but its not that simple because the player who designed the vanity item would have to upload it to the server and all other players have to update for them to be able to see those items on the one who are using them. that's what i think at least

Edited by Yugi

I don't know if the devs would ever consider it but its not that simple because the player who designed the vanity item would have to upload it to the server and all other players have to update for them to be able to see those items on the one who are using them. that's what i think at least

Not really, if you map the pixels one by one, and every pixel receive an unique ID, you can make a generator of codes that any client can understand, and you can generate a different code for every possible mix of those pixels.

well if it would be implemented it would be not high on the list

dont really have an opinion about it

see no real reason to do so and it could be done for those who really want this

Edited by Bilburt

It's possible. Just not with a drawing system. You would have to use certain parts of Sprite sheets. Like when I started to create a game, it was fun using sprite sheets and editing them. That would be the only possible way to pursue this idea. It's very possible, with the right tools and correct size spritesheets, and don't forget to have the correct color depth.

I would make myself look like the character from colloseum in a heartbeat. But overall, I don't support this idea. Players would be able to copy rare vanity items, people would look crazy different, and the overworld would become more chaotic...

I would make myself look like the character from colloseum in a heartbeat. But overall, I don't support this idea. Players would be able to copy rare vanity items, people would look crazy different, and the overworld would become more chaotic...

Yea agreed. You never know what items people will wear...

One of the biggest problems with this is that it has the potential to very quickly and easily drain a lot of the game's polish. People tend to underestimate the difficulty of creating decent looking pixel art, and if we allowed players to create their own, it would undoubtedly result in some awful-looking sprites. Needless to say, it would give a pretty poor impression of the game if the first thing that a new player sees is an abomination of a hat. Original vanity items would also detract from the visual style of the game - much time and effort has been invested to make the new version of character customization look like something that one might expect from an official title.

Adding to this is how easy it would be to get away with creating something highly inappropriate, meaning that it would require an approval process. If a vanity item is turned down due to being inappropriate or lacking in quality to address the first point, I can't see the player being particularly happy about it, particularly in the case of the latter scenario if they actually tried. It would also be possible to recreate rare vanity items for the purpose of resale. Such a feature would overall cause a lot of problems.

If the feature relies on editing already-existing assets, it becomes essentially pointless. It's already possible to pick the colours of most vanity items, and merging several of them together would look terrible. Allowing the player to freely draw on them goes back to requiring an approval process. Allowing the player to import assets wouldn't work either.

With all of that being said, I can safely say that this won't be happening. We do have a vanity items suggestion thread however, which may have more attention paid to it once the new rendition of character customization has been implemented.