This is dissapointing

frogbussoms

Given that a large majority of the game is designed with catching in mind (as was the series western slogan), I'd say it was a pretty important aspect.

It would be considerably bad design to create a game in which half of it's features and maps were entirely ignored.

Wild encounters are one of the core elements of Pokemon - I'd argue that it's the main element due to the collection aspect of the series. For wild Pokemon to be considered a nuisance in most cases in a Pokemon game indicates that there is something very, very wrong. Going out into grass patches that would never be used during the old breeding system to actively seek and catch Pokemon is a lot more in the spirit of the franchise.

So it turns out to show the real reason behind all this XD would have appreciated if you said so from the begging. although you had it all wrong because like WOW and other staging games the maps serve its purpose for each stage as the story line goes and only specific maps continue to be useful at the end-game for dungeons & raids (which have been the same here for ev training and shiny hunt) but at least now i know why you were so fixated about brining CatchMMO again.

Thanks for clearing that up 

bread = for making sandwiches

bred = past tense of breed

Thanks for correcting me :) will try to remember next time

So it turns out to show the real reason behind all this XD would have appreciated if you said so from the begging. although you had it all wrong because like WOW and other staging games the maps serve its purpose for each stage as the story line goes and only specific maps continue to be useful at the end-game for dungeons & raids (which have been the same here for ev training and shiny hunt) but at least now i know why you were so fixated about brining CatchMMO again.

Thanks for clearing that up 

The breeding system was changed due to economic reasons (As explained in the 'Opinions on new breeding' thread).

But the new system had the added bonus of making both breeding and catching viable and having them work with each other, whilst also bringing back the rarity of each individual species.

In other words, it fixed a lot of problems at once.

The breeding system was changed due to economic reasons (As explained in the 'Opinions on new breeding' thread).

But the new system had the added bonus of making both breeding and catching viable and having them work with each other, whilst also bringing back the rarity of each individual species.

In other words, it fixed a lot of problems at once.

I think maybe me and you live in a 2 totally different worlds to be honest :) i don't see any problem solved at least not from my point of view for the many reasons i stated in 'Opinions on new breeding' thread regarding the current state of the economy but you could add to that the new system made a whole lot more problem than it solved "too much grinding, TM needs fresh source, barrier to the comp scene, more of solo-play rather than MMO play, and so on" and many other things, yes you did manage to find a solution to some like TMs in the market for the next update .. but still it made a lot more problems than what it should be solving but didn't

Edited by Yugi

I think maybe me and you live in a 2 totally different worlds to be honest :) i don't see any problem solved at least not from my point of view for the many reasons i stated in 'Opinions on new breeding' thread regarding the current state of the economy but you could add to that the new system made a whole lot more problem than it solved "too much grinding, TM needs fresh source, barrier to the comp scene, more of solo-play rather than MMO play, and so on" and many other things, yes you did manage to find a solution to some like TMs in the market for the next update .. but still it made a lot more problems than what it should be solving but didn't

Ofc.. The only problem for u is that u can't spawn comps like in the PTS..

The economic "problem" that it solved was that competitve pokemon were becoming really really cheap, both on a monetary level and on an opportunity cost level. They stopped that by putting competitive pokemon at a fixed price. Due to these fixed prices, the economy is really stale and uninteresting. They also seem to believe that species rarity should make certain pokemon more expensive than others (which I've never understood why they emphasize this, as I don't see the benefit of it). Furthermore, the current breeding system seems to have afflicted people with the mindset that "why would I pay so much money for that when I could just breed it, since I know I can breed it?"; this goes without saying that this mindset is extremely toxic for an economic environment.  And I believe the mindset is caused due to the lack of RNG in the breeding system. That, or there needs to be some sort of level up system for breeding. Cause when everyone feels like they can breed what they want instead of having to buy it, the economy slows down a lot.

Ofc.. The only problem for u is that u can't spawn comps like in the PTS..

I would really love to play on the PTS rather than this update but still love the old breeding system more than the PTS :)

breeding itself was more fun to me than 100x times just spawning pokes .. but spawning allow us to test movesets/pokes more faster and better than having to breed anything.

The economic "problem" that it solved was that competitve pokemon were becoming really really cheap, both on a monetary level and on an opportunity cost level. They stopped that by putting competitive pokemon at a fixed price. Due to these fixed prices, the economy is really stale and uninteresting. They also seem to believe that species rarity should make certain pokemon more expensive than others (which I've never understood why they emphasize this, as I don't see the benefit of it). Furthermore, the current breeding system seems to have afflicted people with the mindset that "why would I pay so much money for that when I could just breed it, since I know I can breed it?"; this goes without saying that this mindset is extremely toxic for an economic environment.  And I believe the mindset is caused due to the lack of RNG in the breeding system. That, or there needs to be some sort of level up system for breeding. Cause when everyone feels like they can breed what they want instead of having to buy it, the economy slows down a lot.

The comps as they mean "a good comp is about 25+ all stats and 31 speed" has grown in its value since nobody before the update wanted this while he could just get 3x31 and average stats with less than the comp now "mainly 100-200k"

but overall the prices went up and anything beyond 500k we have to spend weeks to sell it "namely the 4x to 6x" 

so what went up was :

1- wild catches alot from 0 value to maybe 300k in lucky cases like 3x31 or 1x31 with average appove 25+

2- average to good comp from 0-30k to 200-300k 

3- 1x from 0 to ~20k

4- 2x from 20k to ~150k

5- 3x from ~80-100k to 200-350k

all beyond that is like hell to sell if it got ever sold out.

as for ppl breeding for them selves rather than buying its because the prices went skyrocketing and to have multi pokes you have to have a fortune.

Edited by Yugi

Honestly as far as the ecomic problems are consered there is a solution. Nobody would like it tho. If you dropped the prices of breeding pokes significantly and then add durability to all bred pokes then you will get a HUGE comp sink that will raise the demand, thus raise the value w/o having to raise the price, for comp pokes. Tbh i would wholeheartly support a system like this but i cant see anyone else who has been working hard on their comp collection supporting this idea.

There are those who appreciate and understand the reasoning for the new breeding system.

Then there are those who want everything in life to be easy.

Again with the easy, selfish thing .. 

I have had it. enjoy your hard-worked tedious grind breeding .. along with a couple of aspirins and some nice long movie to watch.  

The problem with every single person who has been against the old system is people whos problem was the econmical value of their comp pokemon.. Well sorry to tell you this but nothing changed. Yes you make more money if you sell a comp poke now... Well , buying is going to be more expensive aswell.. So guess what, nothing changed. Oh you made less $ back in the old system if you bred a good poke and sold it , well guess what.. Buying other poke was cheap so you still could afford other comp poke. Either way you make more $ from what you sell but you have to pay more to get other poke. Old system you make less but you only have to spend less for other poke. Nothing changed. Sorry you "Economic" players

Also I play the game to enjoy it.. You take it too seriously if your worried about the games economy. Its not like you are paying for your family's dinner with this games money. Worry about your real lifes economy before you ruin the game for people who actually play for fun.

This new system is not appealing to the casual gamer.

The problem with every single person who has been against the old system is people whos problem was the econmical value of their comp pokemon.. Well sorry to tell you this but nothing changed. Yes you make more money if you sell a comp poke now... Well , buying is going to be more expensive aswell.. So guess what, nothing changed. Oh you made less $ back in the old system if you bred a good poke and sold it , well guess what.. Buying other poke was cheap so you still could afford other comp poke. Either way you make more $ from what you sell but you have to pay more to get other poke. Old system you make less but you only have to spend less for other poke. Nothing changed. Sorry you "Economic" players

Also I play the game to enjoy it.. You take it too seriously if your worried about the games economy. Its not like you are paying for your family's dinner with this games money. Worry about your real lifes economy before you ruin the game for people who actually play for fun.

I can sell a comp and buy A LOT more repels, pokeballs, tms, shards, shinies, etc, with the money i make now. When it comes to comp to comp trading yes the money is about even, thats the way its suppose to be tho, for the most part. Although in this system there is more species rarity making some species slightly more valuable than others which is a good thing. But all of that is beside the point, you are only looking at the way the economy was when the change happened and not what would have happened had it not changed.

Lets look ath the old breeding system and what it was doing to the economy. You say "Well you can still make money in the old system just like you can now", while that may be true, hell you may have had a bigger profit margin then than now bc of how cheap it was to breed, but you are still missing the point. The economy was on a downhill slope. Comps that were worth 1 mill was worth only half its value with in months. Hell a lot of pokes were near unsellable bc why would you buy it when you can just breed it. And that pattern was going to continue. Eventually everyone would have had 6x 31 breeders and would never need to buy another comp again. That may be a lil bit of an over exaggeration bc of new players but using me as an example when ever i needed a comp in the old system i just borrowed breeders and bred them. I NEVER bought anything off other players back then bc i didnt need to. Now I do buy things off players, usually breeders but i have traded comps too.

Not only that this system does create a market that will never inflate. It creates a market for breeders that disappear when used therefor there will always be a need for them. So even if the comp market has tanked due to the old breeding system at least this market wont.

Maybe breeding in this game isnt for casual players. Breeding is for comp players and comp players in any mmo usually arent casual players. If you arent breeding for comps then what even are you breeding for?  If you want to be a casual player catch n sell breeders, grind shards, go to the BT. I dont see those grinds being any less fun than sitting around viridian w8ing for eggs to hatch like we did back in the day.

As for this "Im here to have fun" thing, that is such a poor argument. Whats fun for you may not be fun for others. I had more fun back in bikemmo days when every decent comps were worth something. Where there were tiers for comps and a real difference in Godly comps and just normal comps. Now, thanks to the cloning system, a comp is a comp. If you are using anything less than >25 in all stats its trash in the eyes of the market. Hell anything less than 31 is usually trash (which this new system doesnt really fix but i digress). But this new system undoubtedly brings us closer to that system i just explained. Especially if you count the new breeder market that has emerged from this system. But none of that matters, what matters is what is healthier for the long term stability of the game. And this system is deff > than the other. I would even argue for more additions that casual and hard core players a like wouldnt like for the sake of a better economy.

This new system is too hardcore for new / casual breeders.

I am a very casual player, and have never had good breeds until new system.  I like the fact you know what you are getting, and I've seen plenty of new players breed 4x31, 5x31, and even 6x31. It takes patience, practice, and time.  You can't breed a comp in a day and that's what makes it special, it's an mmo why are people complaining about some grinding???

when we go from an eevee that was being bred 4x31+ with natures for days and being sold at 50k each because no one wants to buy. To those eevee being worth 750k-1.5mil now. I dont see how people can say the economy hasn't changed. I would much rather my pokes that i worked hard on and puzzled together to be worth way more then a simple clone bred for days based on luck and persistence and cloning where you can have hundreds of 5x31 just trying for that 1 6x31 that you will only sell for 1 mil or a simple shiny

With the old system, people could breed godly comps all day long and literally give them away. The new system makes godly pkmn worth something. If you want an unlimited resource of godly pkmn to battle with, then just go play a battle simulator. This is an MMO; there is supposed to be some grinding.

So if it's " easier " to breed now what do i do to prevent backtracking in progress.

Why do I breed and lose both parents if the baby can be potentially worse than the parents. Wouldnt it just be best to use the parents to battle instead of ever hatching that egg ? I mean before it was worth breeding them to see if the baby ended up stronger than the parents but now if you lose the parents and the baby is garbage what do i do

Edited by frogbussoms

Ok so then maybe my problem with this whole system can be resolved since some of you think its " easier " to breed now..

Tell me why I should breed and lose both parents if the baby can be potentially worse than the parents. Wouldnt it just be best to use the parents to battle instead of ever hatching that egg ? I mean before it was worth breeding them to see if the baby ended up stronger than the parents but now if you lose the parents and the baby is garbage what do i do

If you are confirming IV's (soon you won't need to*update*), using braces, and overlapping IV's you know 100% what you are getting.  If your breed is worse than both parents you are breeding wrong.  Breeding takes several breeds, and lots of time.  You can message me on here if you want more help with breeding.

If you are confirming IV's (soon you won't need to*update*), using braces, and overlapping IV's you know 100% what you are getting.  If your breed is worse than both parents you are breeding wrong.  Breeding takes several breeds, and lots of time.  You can message me on here if you want more help with breeding.

LOL exactly.

New player here, I got into this new breeding just fine I already have 3 pentaperfect pokemon and one quadraperfect.  The only advantage veterans would have is probably regarding genderless pokemon breeding and the fact that money is incredibly hard to get (I had to join a team to get funds for my party) but I assume the GMs will probably fix this in future updates.