This is dissapointing

frogbussoms

Agree to disagree then :) your fun isn't fun to me and my fun isn't fun to you .. if we made another poll today it would still outclass the new breeding even though most of the old breeding supporters has either quit or left the game for the time being but still many of the current players would rather the old one or at least having their parent kept alive .. but once again lets just wait and hope for the best :)

A new poll might actually show the same result, but I doubt it. Considering the amount of new players getting emotional over loosing some pogemans. Implying pokemons are anything but tools.
The old breeding system is better for each individual, considering how easy it was to get comps. I mean who wouldn't reverse it so they could exploit it again. But it was cancer for this game as an mmo and destroyed the economy.

I'm so fucking tired of reading this bullshit again and again and again I have 120+ fucking comp pokemon and I've been playing this thing for a year and a month now, before this new breeding system I bred 63 pokemons and I've bred 57+ Pokemon with this system, 90% of them from zero, I've been in every official since I got the time from my university and I've reached even semi finals and I'm not a "elitist". So u tell me, are we playing a different game? If you're lazy that's YOUR thing, don't blame the system, ofc there is an important grinding right now but things will get better after the update, you just have to have patience and believe me that joining a team helps with all of this

A new poll might actually show the same result, but I doubt it. Considering the amount of new players getting emotional over loosing some pogemans. Implying pokemons are anything but tools.
The old breeding system is better for each individual, considering how easy it was to get comps. I mean who wouldn't reverse it so they could exploit it again. But it was cancer for this game as an mmo and destroyed the economy.

as if the new breeding made the economy a solid-proof or something .. its even worse than ever as it is if i might say .. again lets all talk about it again after the "exact ivs, trade hub, hidden power control .. etc" and see if it turns out to work better than it was before.

EDIT : 

I'm so fucking tired of reading this bullshit again and again and again I have 120+ fucking comp pokemon and I've been playing this thing for a year and a month now, before this new breeding system I bred 63 pokemons and I've bred 57+ Pokemon with this system, 90% of them from zero, I've been in every official since I got the time from my university and I've reached even semi finals and I'm not a "elitist". So u tell me, are we playing a different game? If you're lazy that's YOUR thing, don't blame the system, ofc there is an important grinding right now but things will get better after the update, you just have to have patience and believe me that joining a team helps with all of this

told you before .. your way of having fun is not necessarily mine so don't accuse anybody of being lazy just because they can't have fun in this bullshit grinding.

also if you are so tired from those threads then simply don't read, replay or even care about it .. its that simple

Edited by Yugi

as if the new breeding made the economy a solid-proof or something .. its even worse than ever as it is if i might say .. again lets all talk about it again after the "exact ivs, trade hub, hidden power control .. etc" and see if it turns out to work better than it was before.

The main purpose of the change was to make comps actually valuable. And it did. In the past you were getting 4x31s for less than 200k. That was bad and the values kept dropping. A person who had a ditto close to perfection could also benefit a lot by cloning genderless/male pokemon and making a ton of money. The change is visible now, as you can see a lot of comps going over 1 million. There was no other possible way to fix an economy in which every comp would eventually become worthless. It was a necessary move. There may be a better solution to this, but someone is yet to find it, so I am happy with what we have for now. 

He has a point.
Even if the poll were redone, you have to look at this from a purely unbiased perspective.  When you ask this question "What system do you prefer?" you're asking this:
Do you prefer the more difficult but more economical solution?  Do you prefer the system that allows you to mass breed Pokemon for little to no cost, or do you prefer the system that makes you invest some currency and items into your Pokemon?
That being said asking this question will never result in an unbiased answer.  The fact is most people are going to choose what benefits them most, and that would be easily and cheaply made comps. 
It's not a matter of "What is the best system" it's "What system benefits me the most?" that's being asked here.

EDIT:

The main purpose of the change was to make comps actually valuable. And it did. In the past you were getting 4x31s for less than 200k.

I think that's being a bit generous.  Way back when I couldn't sell my 4x31 woopers for 60k consistently on trade chat, which brings up another problem with the system: Every time I sold a Pokemon I hurt my market.  If I sell a guy a 4x31 wooper, he's gonna go out and breed more and more Pokemon and the market just goes downhill with the old system. 
Having been around to see and take part in both systems I can honestly say based on personal experience the old system was a downhill slope.  With our current option there's room for improvement.

Edited by DaftKitteh

The main purpose of the change was to make comps actually valuable. And it did. In the past you were getting 4x31s for less than 200k. That was bad and the values kept dropping. A person who had a ditto close to perfection could also benefit a lot by cloning genderless/male pokemon and making a ton of money. The change is visible now, as you can see a lot of comps going over 1 million. There was no other possible way to fix an economy in which every comp would eventually become worthless. It was a necessary move. There may be a better solution to this, but someone is yet to find it, so I am happy with what we have for now. 

correction since you obiously didn't have anything to do with the market back then .. 4x was worth about 600k and 5x was worth about 800-1mil and finally 6x was worth 1.2mil+ back then and it wasnt droping since i almost daily for the 2-3 months pre-update was buying 3x for 100-200k trying to get my own 4-5x

and since you mentioned it again maybe perfect comps now worth 1mil+ but it takes days or weeks to sell and even the same to make so it is a lost cause to me and for many others .. go look on the trade chat if you want to confirm .. you'll see the same comps selling all day long with no buyers or whatsoever 

He has a point.
Even if the poll were redone, you have to look at this from a purely unbiased perspective.  When you ask this question "What system do you prefer?" you're asking this:
Do you prefer the more difficult but more economical solution?  Do you prefer the system that allows you to mass breed Pokemon for little to no cost, or do you prefer the system that makes you invest some currency and items into your Pokemon?
That being said asking this question will never result in an unbiased answer.  The fact is most people are going to choose what benefits them most, and that would be easily and cheaply made comps. 
It's not a matter of "What is the best system" it's "What system benefits me the most?" that's being asked here.

I think you are wrong again .. i think you are missing the point .. we are not in real life to make a system that has an overprotected economy .. any good economy will do just fine .. when we are in game mmo or not we are looking for fun, relax and enjoyment. not stress,headache, tedious process. 

i said many many times that MMOs maybe implementing grinding but in much better ways that makes it enjoyable and fun to do like dungeon , raids, team pvps and so on .. never ever they made a heavy solo grinding ever.

let's just face it .. devs needed a distraction "an end-game content" so they made catchMMO back until they figure out what to do as an end-game content .. just a stupid time-consuming mechanism thats all.

EDIT : 

I don't get it why all ppl whose defending the new system calls the ones wanting the older system to return being lazy ? we have made posts more than enough to show enough concern & activity towards the concept itself rather than just quitting or change activity or whatever ppl do this days if they found something too hard for them to work with. just sit for a sec and think about it before you call us lazy or selfish. 

Edited by Yugi

I don't get it why all ppl whose defending the new system calls the ones wanting the older system to return being lazy ? we have made posts more than enough to show enough concern & activity towards the concept itself rather than just quitting or change activity or whatever ppl do this days if they found something too hard for them to work with. just sit for a sec and think about it before you call us lazy or selfish.

I can't do that cause unlike u a lot of us did breed a lot of pokemon with this system, made profit with this system and DIDN'T hurt the economy by doing it, that's why is selfish and lazy when u ask to get the old breeding system back, you're just asking for yourselves

correction since you obiously didn't have anything to do with the market back then .. 4x was worth about 600k and 5x was worth about 800-1mil and finally 6x was worth 1.2mil+ back then and it wasnt droping since i almost daily for the 2-3 months pre-update was buying 3x for 100-200k trying to get my own 4-5x

and since you mentioned it again maybe perfect comps now worth 1mil+ but it takes days or weeks to sell and even the same to make so it is a lost cause to me and for many others .. go look on the trade chat if you want to confirm .. you'll see the same comps selling all day long with no buyers or whatsoever

Well then your buyers or sellers were really bad cause I did buy pokemon 4x31 with less than 100k Edited by Arimanius

correction since you obiously didn't have anything to do with the market back then ...

Sorry but who are you?

I was one of the first people breeding Smeargles when breeding became easy, I was there since breeding allowed you to get something equal to your worst parent, if you were lucky. Then breeding got so easy I was unable to sell 4x31s for as much as 300k. I even bought 5x31 eevees for less than 500k, ask DestructX.

If you think the market was not constantly dropping pokemon prices, you must be new.

Edit: 5a734baa00.png

Edited by OldKeith

I was one of the first people breeding Smeargles when breeding became easy, I was there since breeding allowed you to get something equal to your worst parent, if you were lucky. 

Damn those were the days xD.

I can't do that cause unlike u a lot of us did breed a lot of pokemon with this system, made profit with this system and DIDN'T hurt the economy by doing it, that's why is selfish and lazy when u ask to get the old breeding system back, you're just asking for yourselves

Wrong .. making a profit out of this system doesn't make you an economy saver. i have bred using that system more than enough to be sure its not about profit .. its about fun and tedious.

under the old system i have made 3mil breeding, selling tms, items and almost everything. i used half of them in the new system breeding and didn't make a single yen out of it cuz i bred them for myself. and made 7 mil selling wild catch's "which was the only thing that have improved" since the update.

so acttually its alot easier to make money now than before even if it isn't from breeding. its just harder to make from breeders now and thats proves i'm not after the profit but the fun.

Sorry but who are you?

I was one of the first people breeding Smeargles when breeding became easy, I was there since breeding allowed you to get something equal to your worst parent, if you were lucky. Then breeding got so easy I was unable to sell 4x31s for as much as 300k. I even bought 5x31 eevees for less than 500k, ask DestructX.

If you think the market was not constantly dropping pokemon prices, you must be new.

Edit: 5a734baa00.png

i'm sorry .. you must have been super lucky to get those or maybe i have been super unlucky cuz i had begging for 4x31 eevess for about 400k but still no one sold to me.

and the last 6x31 smeargle i saw selling was for 1.5 mil and quagsier was about 2mil .. so maybe i have been in another game or something.

P.S : didn't know the forum membership could tell the in-game membership or something .. do i have to tell you my in-game name to know that i joined dec-2013 (sorry thought it was 2012 XD ) ?

Edited by Yugi

i'm sorry .. you must have been super lucky to get those or maybe i have been super unlucky cuz i had begging for 4x31 eevess for about 400k but still no one sold to me.

and the last 6x31 smeargle i saw selling was for 1.5 mil and quagsier was about 2mil .. so maybe i have been in another game or something.

P.S : didn't know the forum membership could tell the in-game membership or something .. do i have to tell you my in-game name to know that i joined dec-2012 ?

I think everyone telling you that the market was crashing, supporting with arguments and just following common sense really is pretty stronger than "maybe i have been in another game or something". It's okay, you may have been just oblivious to the market. But think for a moment: if everyone is cloning the same 6x31, 5x31 comps, who would need to buy them anymore? Since you can just borrow one from your team mates and clone it yourself. You might have played when this easy breeding was new, and then of course everyone was crazy to get the 6x31 parents. But that was slowly killing the value of comps, for the reasons stated in pretty much any breeding thread. Just take a look inside them, they won't bite.

[spoiler]you can screenshot me your trainer card with the ign and join date, you made me curious. although I did know pretty much every good breeder in game, and I remember no Yugi[/spoiler]

I think everyone telling you that the market was crashing, supporting with arguments and just following common sense really is pretty stronger than "maybe i have been in another game or something". It's okay, you may have been just oblivious to the market. But think for a moment: if everyone is cloning the same 6x31, 5x31 comps, who would need to buy them anymore? Since you can just borrow one from your team mates and clone it yourself. You might have played when this easy breeding was new, and then of course everyone was crazy to get the 6x31 parents. But that was slowly killing the value of comps, for the reasons stated in pretty much any breeding thread. Just take a look inside them, they won't bite.

[spoiler]you can screenshot me your trainer card with the ign and join date, you made me curious. although I did know pretty much every good breeder in game, and I remember no Yugi[/spoiler]

nobody was getting 5x and 6x everyday since there where 3 random ivs with -8,+3 so it wasn't that common as you guys say.

and i never said i was a good breeder i have never even had my own 5x31 .. had many 2x & 3x though since my breeders was only 4x31-1x30. 

if you still curious though i could post it later if you want.

nobody was getting 5x and 6x everyday since there where 3 random ivs with -8,+3 so it wasn't that common as you guys say.

and i never said i was a good breeder i have never even had my own 5x31 .. had many 2x & 3x though since my breeders was only 4x31-1x30. 

if you still curious though i could post it later if you want.

From two 6x31 parents your chances of getting a 5x were pretty good (11%) and your chances to get a 6x were there (around 3.7%). While you were not an owner of those, be sure there was an increasing number of players who owned a 6x31 couple, damaging the economy one egg at a time. Even the babies coming out of these two were usually godly UTs, they just needed a nature which was 40% of the time. Since these people were furiously aiming to produce 5x and 6x breeders, they had to get rid of their 4x and 3x to make room in the PC, and quick sales went for even lower than my previously stated 200k.

Yes, that was convenient from a competitive point of view. Start the game, get yourself recruited by a competitive team, and you would have everything you need quickly. However, that was destroying the trading part of the game. You have to be patient, because we had to start from point zero, and that was making breeding very hard and expensive. But this will continuously change in future updates, while restoring old comps to having a real value attached to them. Think about the first breeding system "3 IVs inherited at random, and the other 3 limited by the average of the parents". That was bad, and although it did not really harm the market, it was a lot of pointless grinding, and the new breeding is so much better than it.

is no one going to address the OPs original point? 

I am not trying to breed competetively. I am not trying to make money from my breeding.  I like to chill breed my favorites

all the pokemon that are available in Pokemmo, can be caught in the wild.

need another eevee? head to route 116 and catch one

starters? 

bulbasaur - three island, berry forest

charmander - one island, mt ember

squirtle - two island 

the list goes on, why would you need to breed your favourites when you could just go catch them.

sorry but the point of breeding in PokeMMO is to build up competitive teams. if you dont want to do that, then maybe an MMO isnt the place for you

From two 6x31 parents your chances of getting a 5x were pretty good (11%) and your chances to get a 6x were there (around 3.7%). While you were not an owner of those, be sure there was an increasing number of players who owned a 6x31 couple, damaging the economy one egg at a time. Even the babies coming out of these two were usually godly UTs, they just needed a nature which was 40% of the time. Since these people were furiously aiming to produce 5x and 6x breeders, they had to get rid of their 4x and 3x to make room in the PC, and quick sales went for even lower than my previously stated 200k.

Yes, that was convenient from a competitive point of view. Start the game, get yourself recruited by a competitive team, and you would have everything you need quickly. However, that was destroying the trading part of the game. You have to be patient, because we had to start from point zero, and that was making breeding very hard and expensive. But this will continuously change in future updates, while restoring old comps to having a real value attached to them. Think about the first breeding system "3 IVs inherited at random, and the other 3 limited by the average of the parents". That was bad, and although it did not really harm the market, it was a lot of pointless grinding, and the new breeding is so much better than it.

That goes against the laziness part as you mention we had to grind "eggs" to get better ones but on the contrary to the current system we always start from where we left .. not all the way up again like it is now.

either way as i stated before all this talk now is meaningless cuz i will never have fun in the current system and you will never be convinced about the old system .. even more DS made it clear they have no intention of bringing it back .. so we all just have to wait and see what's coming and how would it turn out to be.

Edited by Yugi

Heh. Hahahahah.

The problem with the current breeding?

1. New players don't like losing their parents, so them not knowing any better become discouraged by the new system.
2. Breeding at its core is bad for the economy.
3. Breeding raises the standard for competitive pokemon and thus raises the barrier of entry to competitive battling.
4. It's a huge grindfest.
5. RNG is decreased (RNG in the acquisition of assets in MMO's help make them fun and interesting. Just look at RuneScape. When you go bossing you get really excited when you get a rare drop).

Now, from what I've seen, #1 can be alleviated by informing the players of why the breeding system is like that; however, that doesn't work all the time... So an ingame breeding tutorial would at least help with maybe 25-50% of "I hate the new system" cases.
#2 can't be fixed.
#3 can't be fixed. You can reduce the grind to lower the barrier of entry, but that will hurt the economy more.
#4 look at #3
#5 With how much people have to invest in each pokemon they breed, you can't afford to leave it up to chance. Thus you lack this aspect in your game. (The only time players really feel good about RNG is either in battles, or when they catch a ton of dittos).

At this point in the game, you can't do anything that benefits both the comp scene and the economy. You crossed that line when breeding was first implemented.

Heh. Hahahahah.

The problem with the current breeding?

1. New players don't like losing their parents, so them not knowing any better become discouraged by the new system.
2. Breeding at its core is bad for the economy.
3. Breeding raises the standard for competitive pokemon and thus raises the barrier of entry to competitive battling.
4. It's a huge grindfest.
5. RNG is decreased (RNG in the acquisition of assets in MMO's help make them fun and interesting. Just look at RuneScape. When you go bossing you get really excited when you get a rare drop).

Now, from what I've seen, #1 can be alleviated by informing the players of why the breeding system is like that; however, that doesn't work all the time... So an ingame breeding tutorial would at least help with maybe 25-50% of "I hate the new system" cases.
#2 can't be fixed.
#3 can't be fixed. You can reduce the grind to lower the barrier of entry, but that will hurt the economy more.
#4 look at #3
#5 With how much people have to invest in each pokemon they breed, you can't afford to leave it up to chance. Thus you lack this aspect in your game. (The only time players really feel good about RNG is either in battles, or when they catch a ton of dittos).

At this point in the game, you can't do anything that benefits both the comp scene and the economy. You crossed that line when breeding was first implemented.

LOL .. i can't tell if you are joking or not XD

if not then this is one of your biggest "against" new breeding system you have ever made XD so my guessing is that the next one will be the complete opposite to this

but for the time being i completely agree with this XD

Edited by Yugi

LOL .. i can't tell if you are joking or not XD
if not then this is one of your biggest "against" new breeding system you have ever made XD so my guessing is that the next one will be the complete opposite to this
but for the time being i completely agree with this XD

As far as I remember, all of my "for breeding posts" were detailing why the new was actually better than the old. But I've never given my point of view on breeding as a whole. So I don't know why you would think I'm joking.

As far as I remember, all of my "for breeding posts" were detailing why the new was actually better than the old. But I've never given my point of view on breeding as a whole. So I don't know why you would think I'm joking.

Maybe because stating why it is better in most cases means you favour it over the old one then goes on some threads stating that maybe devs should reconsider bringing the old one back. so going back and forth made me wonder which group are you going with XD then you made this obviously "against" thread

You can say whatever you want about the new breeding system, but a return to the old one would just be batshit crazy at this point. Looking back, it baffles me that the devs let that madness continue for so long. Ffs, I was releasing 5x28+ magnetons with good hidden powers because they were sturdy. People routinely released 2x31/3x31s to prevent their boxes clogging up with gods. If you were in one of the bigger teams, you could literally spawn any comp you wanted for free, with the work of 1-2 days tops. Absolute madness.

edit: also, hunting wild pokemon was either A. an unfortunate accident that occured when you forgot to put on a repel, or B. the product of EV training

5k braces would be a welcome change, and the auto confirmed IVs too. This new breeding platform has turned out to be a pretty solid core with which to continue expanding the game...it just needs some more love from the devs to iron out the flaws

Edited by Gunthug

You can say whatever you want about the new breeding system, but a return to the old one would just be batshit crazy at this point. Looking back, it baffles me that the devs let that madness continue for so long. Ffs, I was releasing 5x28+ magnetons with good hidden powers because they were sturdy. People routinely released 2x31/3x31s to prevent their boxes clogging up with gods. If you were in one of the bigger teams, you could literally spawn any comp you wanted for free, with the work of 1-2 days tops. Absolute madness.

edit: also, hunting wild pokemon was either A. an unfortunate accident that occured when you forgot to put on a repel, or B. the product of EV training

5k braces would be a welcome change, and the auto confirmed IVs too. This new breeding platform has turned out to be a pretty solid core with which to continue expanding the game...it just needs some more love from the devs to iron out the flaws

Why do you guys care so much about wild encountering ? why is it have to be wild not bred ? wasn't it enough for ev training and shiny hunting ?

anyway again you call it madness i call it fun .. you call this bullshit tedious grinding fun i call it absolutely madness .. so again let's just wait and see

Edited by Yugi

Why do you guys care so much about wild encountering ? why is it have to be wild not bread ? wasn't it enough for ev training and shiny hunting ?

anyway again you call it madness i call it fun .. you call this bullshit tedious grinding fun i call it absolutely madness .. so again let's just wait and see

Wild encounters are one of the core elements of Pokemon - I'd argue that it's the main element due to the collection aspect of the series. For wild Pokemon to be considered a nuisance in most cases in a Pokemon game indicates that there is something very, very wrong. Going out into grass patches that would never be used during the old breeding system to actively seek and catch Pokemon is a lot more in the spirit of the franchise.

Why do you guys care so much about wild encountering ? why is it have to be wild not bread ? wasn't it enough for ev training and shiny hunting ?

bread = for making sandwiches

bred = past tense of breed