Details:

32 Players
Unlimited Reserves
4v4 Tournament

Double Battle

Best of three
Level 50

Explanation:

• We will play a 4v4, doubles, best of 3 format.
  • For one round/opponent, you'll have to prepare a team of six pokemon. But you may only use four of them in battle at a time. So you'll have to deposit two. You may change which pokemon you want to battle with between each match, provided they are all among the original six.
  • Before your first match, link your entire team of six via whisper to the staff member who called your match. Then go deposit two, and come back.
  • The ref who called your match will announce your opponent's team, to work like a team preview.
  • Between rounds/opponents, you may get a new team of six.
  • The first player to achieve 2 victories against an opponent moves on to the next round!

• Don't replace a pokemon for another of the same species. It has to be the actual same pokemon.
  • Don't replace any moves, abilities, EV spreads (edit; or held items) between matches. If you're caught doing so, you will be disqualified.

Date + Time:
Date: Friday, August 7th
Time: 5:00 PM EDT | 9:00 PM GMT

Registration will open 10 minutes prior to the tournament. To register post an IGN in this thread. You may only register one person per user. Edited posts will NOT be accepted as a valid registration. 

1cb2567e0b.png

Clauses:
OHKO/Species/OP Item/Evasion/Self KO/Time *No sleep clause*
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned Moves: Torment, Counter, Mirror Coat

Note: Baton pass will be unbanned for the duration of the tournament.

Banned Pokemon:

All Pokemon are allowed.

1st Place Prize:

magikarp.gifShiny Competitive Magikarp magikarp.gif

Your choice of nature with IVs HP 25 | ATK 25 | DEF 25 | SPE 31 | SP.ATK 25 | SP.DEF 25  - Untradeable

AND 

1,000,000 Pokeyen

or

20,000 Battle Points

2nd Place Prize:

10,000 Battle Points

or

500 Reward Points

Notes:

• You may AFK timeout your opponent as soon as the button appears. This clause will not be in effect for the Semi Finals or Final round, where you will only be allowed to press it after the referee gives permission to do so.
  • Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ.
  • If the inappropriate tiers and clauses are selected, your match may be voided.
  • Do not block your opponents, or the Staff running the Event. If there is evidence of this and disregarding staff requesting you to unblock said individuals you will be DQ'd.
  • Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.

Host: Eggplant 

Refs: DaftKitteh, Inarin, RacheLucario

A little quite important thing about VGC was left out to really make this VGC format and the whole "choosing of 4" relevant: Both players need to hear the opponent's 6 before starting the battle.

how is this vgc without team preview!

Ohh yeah, forgot.

Too late now. Maybe next time!

[spoiler]ok i'll edit it in somewhere[/spoiler]

Its not VGC without dragon gem draco meteor spam or genies on every team. But on a serious note  are you doing this like actual VGC were you have to register your team or are you allowed to switch  out pokes? 

You can switch out your team of 6 between rounds.

You cannot switch out your team of 6 between matches within one best of 3.

You can switch which 4 among those 6 you are using between every match.

Basically, you register a team every round.

Lf credit egg

Seriously happy we are getting more doubles, gonna be fun

Well, I liked your post in the event suggestions thread. :^)

You can switch out your team of 6 between rounds.

You cannot switch out your team of 6 between matches within one best of 3.

You can switch which 4 among those 6 you are using between every match.

Basically, you register a team every round.

Well, I liked your post in the event suggestions thread. :^)

But its not vgc without the scouting :(

doubles is always fun, sadly it's vgc, this tier is so shit.

Lol what? The only reason people complain about VGC is the arbitrary pokemon bans and no evasion clause. This event has none of those, it only has the good stuff of VGC. Best of 3 is life, btw.

Edited by PandaJJ

Cool, I should technically win this just so my opponents can't scout my shiny Gyarados.

Edit: I assume you can change your selected four during matches with the same opponent, right?

Also, how can you check if he changes sets or not?

Edited by OldKeith
  • 2 weeks later...