Properly Level Up Your Pokemon, Fast Leveling Up Guide.

Fast Leveling Guide/Properly Level Your Pokemon

Okay so lets get started.

This guide was mainly made to help noobs get started on training their Pokemon.

This guide is made for a balance of fast leveling and proper leveling.

To start lets have a brief talk about IVs,EVs, and Natures of Pokemon.

Individual Values

Individual Values, or better known as "IVs", function like Pokemon Genes.

They are Pokemon traits, every Pokemon has different IVs which will decide how "Good" or "Bad" a Pokemon is.

Every stat has an IV range of 0-31 for each stat (HP,ATT,DEF,SPT,SPD,SPE).

and at level 100 the IVs are added to the Pokemon stats for their total values.

For example: A Pokemon with no effort values and 0 IVs will have 310 HP.

However if they have 31 IVs they will have 341 HP which makes a big difference.

IVs are going to be an important part in this guide so pay attention to them.

Make sure your Pokemon has the right IVs before you start training it, you don't want to train a pokemon with bad IVs.

Effort Values

Most trainers at this point understand what Effort Values are better known as "EVs". 

However, I will explain them anyway.

Effort Values are the effort points you obtain after defeating certain Pokemon.

All Pokemon give different Effort Points.

To see a Pokemon EV yield you can simply check the Pokedex or simply look it up on the internet.

Note: When you look it up on Pokedex you must have the Pokemon caught to see the EV yield.

It is always up to the trainer to decide which effort points they want.

A Pokemons max Effort Value is 252 in a single stat.

You can make a maximum of 2 stats 252 Effort points.

However, a Pokemons max Effort Value points are "510"

It takes a really long time to EV train, and will possibly waste a lot of time while trying to train your Pokemon fast.

I advise you to do this last.

To restart Effort Value points you can buy EV reducing berries at the "Saffron City Mart" They each cost $1000 in-game money.

These are the berries and the stats they reduce:

Pomeg Berry - Lowers a Pokemons HP by 10 Evs.

Kelpsy Berry - Lowers a Pokemons Attack by 10 Evs.

Qualot Berry - Lowers a Pokemons Defense by 10 Evs.

Hondew Berry - Lowers a Pokemons Special Attack by 10 Evs.

Grepa Berry - Lowers a Pokemons Special Defense by 10 Evs.

Tomato  Berry - Lowers a Pokemon Speed by 10 Evs.

These berries will also increase a Pokemons Happiness. (Good for the move Return)

Natures

Pokemon Natures are a very important part in beginning to train your Pokemon.

Natures are far more important than Ivs trust me, they make a bigger difference.

To see what the natures do on your Pokemon you can just hover over the Nature on your Pokemon Summary.

"Right Click Pokemon > Hover Over Nature"

However, if you don't know how to do that I will still list all the natures and what they do below.

PokemonNaturesChart.png

Hope that chart is easy to understand, would have took to long for me to type it all.

Hopefully before you started to level your Pokemon you read everything above first!

You need to make sure you have a good enough Pokemon to train before you just start training it.

Im not saying it has to be perfect 6*31 Natured Ev trained. However, you do want to make sure it is a decent Pokemon.

If you are interested in competetive battling and creative the perfect Pokemon for battling you can check This Guide.

The guide I linked above will show you how to make the perfect competetive Pokemon. If you are planning on CatchMMO,

and training a Pokemon just for fun. I would advise you to at least, check the Nature and make sure the IVs are Okay.

When Should I Stop Leveling?

This question is mostly asked by new gamers to Pokemmo. Well it's simple to answer.

If you are interested in entering tournaments, make sure your Pokemon is EV trained and at least level 50.

All tournament mode battle reduce Pokemon levels to"50" so their will be no need to waste your time reaching level 100.

However, if your looking to finish the story, collect battle points, impress your friends, than I would advise you to train your Pokemon

to Level 100.

Note: "All Pokemon in the Trainer Tower are scaled to the level of the highest level Pokemon in your party"

Note: "All Pokemon are set to level 50 in tournament mode"

Note: "EV training is the most important and does take a lot of time"

Note: "You can Buy Ev Points at Celadon Mart 5th floor, with steroids(Carbos,HP UP, zinc, etc.)"

Note: "You Can Buy The Amnesia Brace In The Gift Shop To Make your ev experience more fun, or easier, cost 1500RP"

Best Place To Level Fast?

We have finally reached the last section.

Hopefully you read over all the information above before you start leveling fast.

Their are many ways to level fast, you can use the E4, Islands, Day Care, and Kanto Vs.Seeker.

This is the sequence on leveling your Pokemon.

To start off leveling you will need to do an elite 4 sweep.

The Pokemon you are training must be holding an Exp.Share to gain exp after every battle.

Let me put these steps in order:

Step 1: Go to the Elite four and win while using exp.share on your training Pokemon.

Step 2: While the Elite 4 is on Cooldown, go to islands 5-7 and use the Vs.Seeker and re-battle all the trainers.

Step 3: After you are finished the islands go back to the elite 4 after cooldown and re do it.

Step 4: While Elite 4 is on cooldown again, put your Pokemon in the daycare, he will receive 60% of the exp that is received after every battle.

This is when you use the Vs.Seeker versus as much trainers as you can in the Kanto Region.

If you do not have the Exp.Share than You can check the bottom for links to the item guide.

Note: "The Lucky Egg is optional, as it is very rare and very expensive. I would advise you to buy one if you interested and not search,

Chanseys have a 5% encounter rate and a 5% chance of holding the Lucky Egg, please do not waste your time searching."

I hope this guide has helped you train up your Pokemon if you need help on where to obtain these items, just check below!

Pokemon Locations & Held Items Guide

Breeding Guide "Get yourself the Perfect Pokemon

More Explained Ev training and Iv guide for further information

Additional Information:

1. Vs.Seeker Cooldown is 6 hours.

2. E4 Cooldown is 30 Minutes.

3. You cannot use Vs.Seeker in Hoenn Region.

4. Lucky Egg is optional, and I would advise you to buy one instead of searching.

5. If you need money to breed use a persian with payday and amulet coin, while Vs.Seeker Run.

6. This guide can also help pros in a way, just depends.

7. Hope you Enjoy~

Edited by GoldenSunIsaac

Please post your replies, I wan't to get better at making guides so please if you have any trouble understanding something or if I messed up with something please let me know. Thank you for reading this guide :) and thank you for pointing out that I didn't need the reserves, because I didn't just very new thought I was going to need them.

Something is misleading here i am not sure what, but when i read the introduction and titel i think this guide just will include how you on shortest time get your pokemon to level 100... but then you include things as ev training and such which for sure not is a part of the fastest way to get a pokemon to level 100...

Something is misleading here i am not sure what, but when i read the introduction and titel i think this guide just will include how you on shortest time get your pokemon to level 100... but then you include things as ev training and such which for sure not is a part of the fastest way to get a pokemon to level 100...

Your right thank you i will change up the title. 

[Spoiler] Man I really suck at guides don't I >.> [/Spoiler]

You tell to use lucky eggs but dont tell them how hard they are to get 
in case of "newbies" they are looking to fast lvl to get through E4 where as normal or experienced players go for Comps 
and this guide is more for the latter 

You tell to use lucky eggs but dont tell them how hard they are to get 
in case of "newbies" they are looking to fast lvl to get through E4 where as normal or experienced players go for Comps 
and this guide is more for the latter 

No BIlburt you have not read through this guide properly. It clearly states that you can buy a lucky egg for 300-350k If you are trying to get one then you are clearly reading the wrong guide. It is not for fast leveling it is for proper leveling.

EDIT: I also stated that you run the e4 with the exp.share not the lucky egg. The types vary so your pokemon will die as the outcome of trying to lucky egg sweep the e4. Please read this guide again if you have a misunderstanding I have re-read it and it looks fine.

Edited by GoldenSunIsaac

I don't really think E4 is the best place for leveling, I use islands 5-7 for leveling (they give out pretty much the same EXP) and they give you cash too unlike the E4 which is nice.

E4 is the fastest. Then do islands while E4 is on cooldown.

When both E4 & Islands are on CD, just go kill high level pokes with a lucky egg.

This guide is not great, as it is poorly written, has no structure and does not seem to be aimed at a beginner but written by one instead. It is confusing and the writer seems to not fully understand the purpose of the guide.

People will be interested in the fastest way to level up their pokemon. Your guide fails to mention that leveling to 100 is optional, and that tournament mode scales everything down to level 50 anyway. You also did not tell us the correct boost in experience the lucky egg offers (it is 50% not 100%). Also, take note that the Exp. Share does not give you a boost in experience, it just shares it to the holder.

Then you remember about EV training, but fail to explain that you receive EVs when you battle and how the whole system works. Hell, you don't even mention the cost of EV reducing berries.

"Now before you even start leveling the pokemon after you are finished ev training make sure the Pokemon is worthe training." - Sure, after I am done with those 510 tedious EVs better be checking if it is worth taking my pokemon to level 50.

" I can guarantee 100% that if you re-battle 10 more trainers with the luck egg and your pokemon, it will become level 85-90 no problem." <- very incorrect.

This guide does not specify:

-power leveling through the use of your 3 daycare kanto slots

-experience yields of the trainers in the islands/ wild high-level pokemon (although I am pretty sure you have not researched those)

-other methods of leveling up, such as paydaying with Persian while sharing experience to pokemon in your party or daycare

This guide needs a lot of improvement to start being good, but I expect you to be up for it.

Edited by OldKeith

Give him a break, so he made some mistakes so what ? a constructive feedback would be much better than this wall of criticizing. he made it clear its his first try in writing a guide so show some appreciation or don't bother commenting at all.

anyway its a good start specially for newbies who doesn't know about lucky egg, how exp. share works and how to make a good use of a high levelled pokemon in-order to level a lower level one.

but as OldKeith said the percentage is a little off and you should make a use of the daycares since they can hold up to 3 pokes in kanto and 2 pokes in hoenn and they all get 60% each of the experience you gain through battles (each daycare are only active while you are in its region only)

keep it up :)

Give him a break, so he made some mistakes so what ? a constructive feedback would be much better than this wall of criticizing. he made it clear its his first try in writing a guide so show some appreciation or don't bother commenting at all.

anyway its a good start specially for newbies who doesn't know about lucky egg, how exp. share works and how to make a good use of a high levelled pokemon in-order to level a lower level one.

but as OldKeith said the percentage is a little off and you should make a use of the daycares since they can hold up to 3 pokes in kanto and 2 pokes in hoenn and they all get 60% each of the experience you gain through battles (each daycare are only active while you are in its region only)

keep it up :)

I have the same thoughts.

Everyone give the guy a break, he's doing his best.

Anyone can say they're just giving constructive criticism, but to me it seems passive aggressive. 

Wow so much aggressive criticism... it was my first try.. :( Sorry if it bothers you, I already mentioned it was my first try no need to be so negative about it. If you don't like it just don't even comment or bother reading.. So much negativity in this community.

Thank you Yugi, and KayninXL for understanding this was my first try.

This guide is not great, as it is poorly written, has no structure and does not seem to be aimed at a beginner but written by one instead. It is confusing and the writer seems to not fully understand the purpose of the guide.

People will be interested in the fastest way to level up their pokemon. Your guide fails to mention that leveling to 100 is optional, and that tournament mode scales everything down to level 50 anyway. You also did not tell us the correct boost in experience the lucky egg offers (it is 50% not 100%). Also, take note that the Exp. Share does not give you a boost in experience, it just shares it to the holder.

Then you remember about EV training, but fail to explain that you receive EVs when you battle and how the whole system works. Hell, you don't even mention the cost of EV reducing berries.

"Now before you even start leveling the pokemon after you are finished ev training make sure the Pokemon is worthe training." - Sure, after I am done with those 510 tedious EVs better be checking if it is worth taking my pokemon to level 50.

" I can guarantee 100% that if you re-battle 10 more trainers with the luck egg and your pokemon, it will become level 85-90 no problem." <- very incorrect.

This guide does not specify:
-power leveling through the use of your 3 daycare kanto slots
-experience yields of the trainers in the islands/ wild high-level pokemon (although I am pretty sure you have not researched those)
-other methods of leveling up, such as paydaying with Persian while sharing experience to pokemon in your party or daycare

This guide needs a lot of improvement to start being good, but I expect you to be up for it.

So much negativity it was pointless you even commenting. Nothing positive to say at all as it was my first time. Give me a break or just leave it alone. I didn't say it was "5 Star worthy" and I didn't say it was the "Best Guide" So please keep your negativity to yourself. Have a nice day.

Also the title even says "Not Finished looking to improve" thank you for making me feel bad, now I don't even want to continue. Edited by Noad
Please don't double or triple post.

Also the title even says "Not Finished looking to improve" thank you for making me feel bad, now I don't even want to continue. 

OldKeith is trying to help you, he was just giving you pointers on what you should include in your guide to help beginners understand it. Don't take it as something negative, criticism can be helpful.

OldKeith is trying to help you, he was just giving you pointers on what you should include in your guide to help beginners understand it. Don't take it as something negative, criticism can be helpful.

It was the way he said it not the content.... none of you understand.. how much that hurts me.

Edited by GoldenSunIsaac

I see you changed the guide
and I myself hane nothing to comment on the content. A great job for first time tho :D

P.s i meant the percentage of getting lucky eggs at safari
I myself can see a lot of people go there to only be dissapointed