[Denied]PokeNav Features

PokeNav:

Hello, I'd like to discuss a feature that has been in Hoenn for a while now. The PokeNav, it's honestly an amazing tool! I believe that there is potential for certain features to be added  onto the PokeNav!

WEBSITES:

There could be a "Websites" part of the PokeNav, giving you links to different websites when you need help and are too lazy to google! The websites could be the following; Forums, Egg groups, Smoggon, PokeMMO Website. If you wanted to, you could even add websites that may be handy like your forum profile!

RADIO:

Next up, the radio. I think that there could be a radio function for the PokeNav with custom strings that the players can decide. Honestly, the radio could be anything! It could be like the television, where it just says random stuff or it could be like the update logs, perhaps it could be the monthly competitive scene, telling you who's at the top each month.

OVERWORLD TRADER:

Finally, an overworld trader. Now of course this can be enabled/disabled to/from players so that it doesn't cause spam. The point of an overworld trader would be in-case you couldn't get somewhere quite quick enough. For instance, your friend might be in a cave and might not have any escape ropes but needs to trade with you. Just use this handy feature and they'll get a trade request. It helps when you're in a sticky situation and it's great for trades! (Beware of scammers though.)

----

Thanks for reading my suggestion, when I did a search I couldn't find these suggestions. Please do take into note that these are just my ideas, so the real PokeNav features should be added first. [spoiler]Looking at you, match call...[/spoiler]

Pok%C3%A9nav.png

PokeNav:

Hello, I'd like to discuss a feature that has been in Hoenn for a while now. The PokeNav, it's honestly an amazing tool! I believe that there is potential for certain features to be added  onto the PokeNav!

WEBSITES:

There could be a "Websites" part of the PokeNav, giving you links to different websites when you need help and are too lazy to google! The websites could be the following; Forums, Egg groups, Smoggon, PokeMMO Website. If you wanted to, you could even add websites that may be handy like your forum profile!

RADIO:

Next up, the radio. I think that there could be a radio function for the PokeNav with custom strings that the players can decide. Honestly, the radio could be anything! It could be like the television, where it just says random stuff or it could be like the update logs, perhaps it could be the monthly competitive scene, telling you who's at the top each month.

OVERWORLD TRADER:

Finally, an overworld trader. Now of course this can be enabled/disabled to/from players so that it doesn't cause spam. The point of an overworld trader would be in-case you couldn't get somewhere quite quick enough. For instance, your friend might be in a cave and might not have any escape ropes but needs to trade with you. Just use this handy feature and they'll get a trade request. It helps when you're in a sticky situation and it's great for trades! (Beware of scammers though.)

----

Thanks for reading my suggestion, when I did a search I couldn't find these suggestions. Please do take into note that these are just my ideas, so the real PokeNav features should be added first. [spoiler]Looking at you, match call...[/spoiler]

Pok%C3%A9nav.png

Good ideas. But the devs already know what the pokenav will have for us, for update.

Good ideas. But the devs already know what the pokenav will have for us, for update.

Yeah I said in the suggestion that the main features should be added first. I meant that if they do want to work on it some more, they can use some of these suggestions. Sorry if I made it seem unclear though ^.^

Yeah I said in the suggestion that the main features should be added first. I meant that if they do want to work on it some more, they can use some of these suggestions. Sorry if I made it seem unclear though ^.^

Oh well in that case good ideas man.

Wait, this...this is actually a very good idea (a bunch of good ideas)! well done!

I wonder if devs could actually make it, assuming they want to.

Lf kyu

Why're you so suprised that it's a good idea? Btw, tell me if something's wrong or if something should be added/removed.

I think the links can just be added to the FAQ and the Egg Groups to the Pokedex. I've seen the question "How do I check the map?" pop up a couple of times in chat, some people don't even know the PokeNav exists.

Doesn't really make sense. The majority know what the PokeNav is, what you're saying is the same as if someone said "What's comp?" then comp shouldn't be allowed. Yeah, some links can be added to the FAQ and to the Pokedex, but I'm trying to use the PokeNav to the best of it's ability. Besides, it'd be inconvenient to have some links in FAQ, some in Pokedex so why not just have the important links in PokeNav? Besides, I did say you can have custom ones so some of your own links can go in there too.

Stuff

I see. Also, you said you've seen the question about a map a couple of times, implying not much. I don't think that it needs to be in the FAQ considering even if it's a noob, nobody should play with MMO before the actual game. Anyway, I was wrong about the FAQ being an inconvenience but I meant for Hoenn, it is. I mean, with a PokeNav to check your information on, putting links in FAQ and egg groups in the dex would be inconvenient and wouldn't be needed because you could just go to the PokeNav and say "Okay, I have these links and my custom links!" which would be more convenient.

Also, having custom links would still be good and fun to have in a PokeNav, and I bet you wouldn't have your personal links in the FAQ now would you? Even if you can just open your browser and type away, it's still easier to just play the game without having a browser just full of links. Instead, you can play the game and when you need something, open your PokeNav and click the link. As for players not looking for a PokeNav, if they pay attention to the story, they get a PokeNav which they'll probably look for.

Now for my final point! I said in the suggestion that the main features can be added first, know what that means? It means that people will use Match Call. With the addition of match call, WAY more people will use the PokeNav and as a result, people will ask about how to get to the PokeNav and they'll be told. The people using the PokeNav for match call would also notice the other options and see what they do. Not to mention there's an update log just so that people can see what's been added to the game lol. Hope I explained things.

Why have a link for it when you can just check the Pokedex, seeing all the base stats, moves, and egg groups together in game would be very helpful. 2/3 of them are already implemented, so why not add egg groups?

Custom links would be cool, I guess. I Just don't see much use for it.

I do agree that once the PokeNav features get an update, it'll see far more usage, it's obvious. I just don't think the PokeNav should replace the FAQ section.

I never said it would replace the FAQ, I just said it'd have some default links along with your custom ones ^.^ The FAQ is still helpful and so is the PokeNav, I do see your points though. As for the egg groups in the pokedex, why not make a suggestion on it? :)

I just think we should just keep frequently asked questions in the FAQ section.

There are suggestions on it already, as I mentioned a couple posts up.

When you say suggestions do you mean ones that involve the PokeNav? I did a search so I hope not. Also, links to egg groups and forums aren't really FAQ. I never said to remove FAQ, so it's not like players HAVE to use PokeNav. It's referred to as an "essential" for a trainers journey, it really should live up to the "essential" part of the trainers journey... The FAQ really isn't used much to be completely honest. The Hoenn trainers would probably enjoy the PokeNav having more than 2 uses lel.

Okay...wow...

I don't think that it needs to be in the FAQ considering even if it's a noob, nobody should play with MMO before the actual game.

Oh boy. You're wrong. That's judgemental, you're basically saying people who don't know anything about pokemon is unable to play it. How the fuck do people play other MMO's they've never heard about before? That's a stupid ass thing to think, just no, so wrong.

Anyway, I was wrong about the FAQ being an inconvenience but I meant for Hoenn, it is. 

There is no "meant for hoenn", or "meant for kanto", or "meant for my mum's house only". There's a whole game, and if they're gonna implement something, then they're gonna do it over the whole two regions, not just Hoenn.

I mean, with a PokeNav to check your information on, putting links in FAQ and egg groups in the dex would be inconvenient and wouldn't be needed because you could just go to the PokeNav and say "Okay, I have these links and my custom links!" which would be more convenient.

Here's the thing. Even if this was to be implemented, you'd only get 1 tab in the whole game to search shit up. Fuck your favourites, I'd rather open a browser with 5 tabs about breeding, egg groups, smogon movesets, another 5 for social networks, 3 for youtube, 2 for spotify, and as many as I fucking want for everything else. Please do explain how having everything stuffed in one tab is more "convenient" than having everything spreaded nice and easy over more tabs? Again, it's stupid.

Also, having custom links would still be good and fun to have in a PokeNav, and I bet you wouldn't have your personal links in the FAQ now would you? Even if you can just open your browser and type away, it's still easier to just play the game without having a browser just full of links. Instead, you can play the game and when you need something, open your PokeNav and click the link. As for players not looking for a PokeNav, if they pay attention to the story, they get a PokeNav which they'll probably look for.

It wouldn't be fun. It'd be shit. It's fun in practice, doubt it'd be actually working ingame. Most MMO's don't even want to try and waste their resources supporting this kind of an idea. I'm not saying it's bad, it's good, but it's worthless compared to what the mods have in mind to do, and what the community wants right now.

Now for my final point! I said in the suggestion that the main features can be added first, know what that means? It means that people will use Match Call. With the addition of match call, WAY more people will use the PokeNav and as a result, people will ask about how to get to the PokeNav and they'll be told. The people using the PokeNav for match call would also notice the other options and see what they do. Not to mention there's an update log just so that people can see what's been added to the game lol. Hope I explained things.

As far as I know, the main features of the PokeNav haven't even been announced to be allowed in any recent patch notes or announcements. Prove me wrong, I actually might be with this, but I doubt it.

Now for my final point. All you're saying here is basically speculations. Speculations on how it'd go if mods just swung your way, accepted this suggestion as a legit one, dropped everything they were working on about this game, and only focused on this one suggestion. It's unneeded work, it's not more effecient than running a browser as having info about the game, and as sure as hell it isn't more convenient.

Hate.

Honestly I'm laughing at this. You really made my suggestion sound like I was being an arrogant/ignorant asshole. I don't expect the staff to drop what they're doing and do this suggestion and I even made a comment about that if you'd like to read. "Naturally, this would be a while to implement and other things should go first." I never even HINTED that I wanted this to be first priority. Saying that I'm judgemental because I just think that in my opinion that players should play the actual Pokemon games before an MMO? I didn't even insult them, I was just saying that 75% of players here probably played the actual games before the MMO and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Throughout your entire rant, I really don't think you made a sentence that was even decently kind or supportive idea.

Honestly I'm laughing at this. You really made my suggestion sound like I was being an arrogant/ignorant asshole. I don't expect the staff to drop what they're doing and do this suggestion and I even made a comment about that if you'd like to read. "Naturally, this would be a while to implement and other things should go first." I never even HINTED that I wanted this to be first priority. Saying that I'm judgemental because I just think that in my opinion that players should play the actual Pokemon games before an MMO? I didn't even insult them, I was just saying that 75% of players here probably played the actual games before the MMO and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Throughout your entire rant, I really don't think you made a sentence that was even decently kind or supportive idea.

I'm sorry. From all I've said, you sumarized it as "Hate", and you are trying to prove me you are not arrogant? Contra-productive mate, that just proves it a whole lot more.

No, you said "Nobody should play this MMO if they haven't played the games first". Don't twist my own words, don't be dumb, I beg you.

And I'm sorry, did you expect to make a suggestion and not receive negative feedback? That also proves that your ego is at a very high level, seeing as you think this idea is such an amazing one. It's not bad, but it's not worth it either, seeing as there are other alternatives, or better things to focus on.