A message telling us our egg is ready when breeding.

KaynineXL

Question

could work with like a mobile phone or something like back in pokemon gold (i think?) it was where random ppl call u all the time to let u know random stuff

or implement it in the pokenav, w other features like a vs seeker in hoenn

I would like to think, if the devs agree with this that they would put this in with the next patch. I would hate to think I had to wait months for this.

Implying the update will be soon.

Back on topic : This is a good great idea, but I personally think that if they implement it, that it wouldn't be next patch, even though its a great idea, I don't think it would be all that high on the to do list.

Implying the update will be soon.

Back on topic : This is a good great idea, but I personally think that if they implement it, that it wouldn't be next patch, even though its a great idea, I don't think it would be all that high on the to do list.

Nobody said the update will be soon.. But even so, I doubt the patch will be too far away. 

Edited by KaynineXL

Gonna steal Malornes pick from somewhere

tumblr_m1iwqzd4KB1qh6nzmo1_500.jpg

The idea is good, but i see a problem, if we're gonna do automatic messages and make the life easy for everyone, where is the fun of moving around the map? i mean this game is gonna become a simulator bit by bit, and everyone is gonna look for dittos or payday while is waiting for the next egg.

People will ask to add messages when there is an official tournament incoming in few minutes, or when you can play against certain NPC's again, just because they don't want to move around.

Edit:

Also related suggestions here and here

Edited by Greck

IDK any way to reliably do it in kanto, but why not have a option in the "match call" thing to call the breeder and check on your pokemon.

This would, because idk how it would work in kanto, just be another advantage to hoenn/emerald though.

Gonna steal Malornes pick from somewhere

tumblr_m1iwqzd4KB1qh6nzmo1_500.jpg

The idea is good, but i see a problem, if we're gonna do automatic messages and make the life easy for everyone, where is the fun of moving around the map? i mean this game is gonna become a simulator bit by bit, and everyone is gonna look for dittos or payday while is waiting for the next egg.

People will ask to add messages when there is an official tournament incoming in few minutes, or when you can play against certain NPC's again, just because they don't want to move around.

Edit:

Also related suggestions here and here

There is fun in moving around the map?

wat? plz.

It's not going to become a simulator. I don't breed too often as it's costly. A lot of people do not hunt dittos or everstones.

You're basing it off of what you do.. not everyone else.

Exactly! Can you feel that 16bit world around you? It's awesome! 

And if you don't want to move around the map, just stay at island 4. Nobody force you to do anything.

I could stay at islands 4, but what's the point in that when we can have an update like this? Standing around creates boredom, which isn't very good for a game.

I don't think anyone gives a shit about the excitement of walking around the map.

When you give in your breeders, instead of going back and forth loads of times... have a message in the chat box telling you the egg is ready?

I love this idea because it makes busy bodies like me be able to attend to my eggs. From YouTube to grinding for chunk change, this is a nice feature to have! Thank you KaynineXL for recommending this! 

Wouldn't be better to just remove the wait time to get the egg? You deliver the pokes to the day-care-pokemon-eater-man and get the egg right after and go do something else instead of wait in front of him.

Do you think ppl will leave? they will go afk and wait for the notification in front of the oldman

Then you add the gender selection into that screen that shows up now and the price that it will be right at the bottom, like an invoice.

Wouldn't be better to just remove the wait time to get the egg? You deliver the pokes to the day-care-pokemon-eater-man and get the egg right after and go do something else instead of wait in front of him.

Do you think ppl will leave? they will go afk and wait for the notification in front of the oldman

Then you add the gender selection into that screen that shows up now and the price that it will be right at the bottom, like an invoice.

At one point we were looking at having standard wait times for each type of breed.

This may be something we go back to; but no wait time at all doesn't make sense.

I'll give you that mechanically it's a thin reason, but even rabbits are not that fast.

At one point we were looking at having standard wait times for each type of breed.

This may be something we go back to; but no wait time at all doesn't make sense.

I'll give you that mechanically it's a thin reason, but even rabbits are not that fast.

Well, clearly its not a breed anymore, its a fusion, mostly of the games i played (not that many tho), you don't have to wait to merge your itens (poke are nothing more than accessories to use, like a sword, a gem and a spell, to create a better weapon), I don't really see any reason for the waiting time, we have to wait for the egg (usually afk), then we have to wait for the egg to hatch (afk), this is a lost time that is not needed imo.

Rabits don't die when they have sex. Usually.

spiders and other insects do

I waited 35mins for an egg today. It wouldn't be so bad to wait that long if we got a simple message. Going back and forth for like 35mins is just crippling....

Thanks god u don't have to wait 9 months...

Now serious, would not be better to just remove the wait time and serve the eggs instantly?

Wouldn't be better to just remove the wait time to get the egg?

but no wait time at all doesn't make sense.

would not be better to just remove the wait time and serve the eggs instantly?

according to Darkshade, they want us to be afking, cause reasons.

according to Darkshade, they want us to be afking, cause reasons.

I do agree with Darkshade, taking the eggs instantly doesn't make sense. I also agree what you say, they want us to afk? Because that's what it's doing right now.. To fix this we can do exactly what this thread is asking, that way we don't need to go afk, we can go do something else while we wait...

I do agree with Darkshade, taking the eggs instantly doesn't make sense. I also agree what you say, they want us to afk? Because that's what it's doing right now.. To fix this we can do exactly what this thread is asking, that way we don't need to go afk, we can go do something else while we wait...

while I think the message is better than nothing, it won't change anything, i will prob (saying about myself) be afk until I get the message and then get the egg.

I don't remember any game when you merge items and you have to wait to get it back, but for real, I don't care that much, I just don't see the message as any huge improvement (but as I said before, it is better than nothing).