[Community] Economy

DoubleJ

Question

I 100% agree with blonde and grunt... I want Hidden powers to be just like they are now... We have confirmed IVs.. thats going to make it MUCH easier.. isn't that enough?

I worked(lucked) my ass off to get my HP pokemon... pls

Nah, i like the less grind in the upcoming future. Means i don't have to go Mr.NoLife and can actually do some irl stuff

You could always increase your staff size. For example Hassan is probably the most consistent player to make tourneys(outside of staff), if he was to given a rank and possibly some supplies I'm pretty sure he would host more, and they could be officials. This is if Hassan was up for it of course.

Hassan is just one example.

Throwing more bodies at tournaments doesn't resolve the issues, imo. Provided we can even get the volunteers it still doesn't scale well with what I want; In my ideal world I want multiple medium-sized satellite tournaments run every day/every other day at 3 different times of the day, to support everybody. Then a massive monthly thing.

The amount of volunteers we'd need for this would actually be massive, which is why a completely automated system is the ideal.

WAIT WHAT DEVS ARE RECOGNIZING TEDIOUS BULLSHIT

Any comment on killing off EV's? :)

edit: yes I read your hint in there, just curious if you'd consider just removing them instead.

It's unlikely that EVs will die off entirely. I'm unsure how lenient we want to be with them though.

^That. Please don't just make it so we pay a small sum and we can magically just get the HP  we want. Leave that part as it is, nothing would benefit if you actually change that, if that is the matter of course, which I highly doubt.

I didn't say we were going to make it solely cost money.

I didn't say we were going to make it solely cost money.

Yeah, hence why I said I hightly doubt it, seeing as someone already got that idea for some reason.

And any hint if there's actually a start of an automated system in the making? I mean, it's not really one of those things that you just say you'll do, and update it in the next patch, seeing as I believe it's atleast harder than that. But yeah, knowing if it's actually something WIP, or it was just an idea that's still not decided would be nice. My bad if anyone asked it before, and well, have to try my luck ;)

Yeah, hence why I said I hightly doubt it, seeing as someone already got that idea for some reason.

And any hint if there's actually a start of an automated system in the making? I mean, it's not really one of those things that you just say you'll do, and update it in the next patch, seeing as I believe it's atleast harder than that. But yeah, knowing if it's actually something WIP, or it was just an idea that's still not decided would be nice. My bad if anyone asked it before, and well, have to try my luck ;)

The only thing we have related to auto tourneys are design notes, right now.

You will see changes in roughly the following order;

• Fixing issues related to breeding/catching
  • Fixing issues related to trading
  • Fixing issues directly related to PvP

Right now we're on the first.

This thread has been more than what I possibly could have imagined. Shout out to Kyu for being a baller and informing the community about some changes that are actually kind pleasing to the comp community. I'm looking forward to see how each of these play out and how they can improve the "tedious bullshit" we are currently facing. 

The only thing we have related to auto tourneys are design notes, right now.

You will see changes in roughly the following order;

• Fixing issues related to breeding/catching
  • Fixing issues related to trading
  • Fixing issues directly related to PvP

Right now we're on the first.

:D got to love you today Kyu 

This thread has been more than what I possibly could have imagined. Shout out to Kyu for being a baller and informing the community about some changes that are actually kind pleasing to the comp community. I'm looking forward to see how each of these play out and how they can improve the "tedious bullshit" we are currently facing. 

Yup, you are difinitly right .. as Quakkz said : 

:o nice to read that stuff, gives some hope for the future.

Thanks Kyu for keeping us finally in the loop :) this thread was the best i have seen in the last 8 months 

as for blonde and the matter of choosing the HP I'm strongly against choosing it because that would take all the work needed out of the process which is not our goal at all.

I'm not a comp but i think there is just a few comps that really needs a certain HP and its not that hard to come up with a breeding plan to make a certain odds/evens IVs and any comp or breeder should be able to do it easily with the exact ivs showing after the next update + if the comp player can't do it then he could ask some breeder to do it for him .. at lest that would make the breeder jobs more common than they are now ( other than catch & sell which we currently have ) 

EDIT : 

Actually after giving it a thought .. genderless breeding could really make a use of HP choosing feature since its hard like hell to breed them now.

I maybe against it for most comps like Arcanine because it would make it too easy but as i said for genderless its a must thing with the current breeding mechanism so if we could only implement it for genderless it would be awesome 

Edited by Yugi

This is so truth. I am playing this game for a year now and I really like this game and the players awesome. I have a good amount of money to spend, but I just can't buy decent/good comps that I can use for competitive play. I am willing to enter UU tourneys but the prices of pokemons are so high that it isn't even possible for a guy like me to make a team.. I hope you guys will fix it so people like me can also participate in tourney's.  

(Sorry for bad English, I tried my best)

Edited by Liberalisme

This is so truth. I am playing this game for a year now and I really like this game and the players awesome. I have a good amount of money to spend, but I just can't buy decent/good comps that I can use for competitive play. I am willing to enter UU tourneys but the prices of pokemons are so high that it isn't even possible for a guy like me to make a team.. I hope you guys will fix it so people like me can also participate in tourney's.  

(Sorry for bad English, I tried my best)

Your "I've been playing for a year but I wasn't able to get any comp to make a team" reason doesn't hold much ground. Just looks to me like you're lazy or you just didn't grind at all. Even if you like, did VS seeker runs that only bring you 50 or 100k a day, you would've been able to get a lot more than just a UU team over the period of one year. Won't do the actual math of how much you could've grinded without much effort, or without no-lifing it like the rest of us, but even if you dedicated half an hour a day for just that, you could've had quite nice of a sum.

It's just that, nothing else, than your reason is more of a "I didn't know/couldn't gring and make money, even in the slightest bit".

And I couldn't help but reply, am evil.

I had comps but I just didn't had the money to make a full team. I also bought comps that were godly. Now Vaeldras told me how to make money with vs seeking.

Yeah, no worries. Your post just totally looked like one of those things. Either way, decent comps aren't that hard to make, so breeding them yourself is the longer, harder way, but it's cheaper, and you get the satisfaction of knowing that the poke you're using is actually you working on it, and not buying it off from someone.

Kyu has there been any discussion in making the IV inheritance cheaper for lower IVs? I think this would make a great deal of difference in the econ as people will be able to part with their comp lower IV pokes at a cheaper price. Noobs will also prolly be able to afford 20+ comps with ease.

question to this "hidden power now can be changed" thing

how does it work exactly? like i have a 31-31-31-31-31-31 poke for example and go to the npc and make it 31-31-31-31-31-31 hp fire? or are you able to change your ivs accordingly?

how does it work exactly? like i have a 31-31-31-31-31-31 poke for example and go to the npc and make it 31-31-31-31-31-31 hp fire? or are you able to change your ivs accordingly?

What I thought it meant was that instead of needing star pieces/dust that the hidden power would be shown automatically 

What I thought it meant was that instead of needing star pieces/dust that the hidden power would be shown automatically 

"Hidden Power will be able to be arbitrarily decided for a cost"

well i dunno but that doesnt sound like its just that, but yeah thats why i ask, some ppl understand it like you do and others told me the other way earlier

Edited by Quakkz

I actually think your ivs would decrease to those closer to reach that hp, in this case 31 30 31 30 31 30 or other similar distribution for hp fire

Edited by Arimanius

Kyu has there been any discussion in making the IV inheritance cheaper for lower IVs? I think this would make a great deal of difference in the econ as people will be able to part with their comp lower IV pokes at a cheaper price. Noobs will also prolly be able to afford 20+ comps with ease.

Will be considered if the current batch of changes + Trade Hub don't give the ease we want

Won't get into specifics, but the gist is that we're going to hit your pokemon in the head with a hammer until they're stupid enough to give you the Hidden Power you want.

Will be considered if the current batch of changes + Trade Hub don't give the ease we want

Won't get into specifics, but the gist is that we're going to hit your pokemon in the head with a hammer until they're stupid enough to give you the Hidden Power you want.

damn, but some people put hard work into hidden powers. I'm all for making the game less grind, but I believe HPs were one of those premier things that took hard work and a bit of luck to get.

Lets bare in mind, confirmed IVs will make HP breeder MUCH easier as it is.

So .. do i dare to ask when will the current patch hit the live server ? :) its been 2 weeks since the PTS and we all are very exited about what's in it so could you pls give us an ETA ?

Edited by Yugi

Shortly after next PTS build

next PTS ? i thought there wont be another PTS before the update as zehkar & DS mentioned somewhere else i think.

so again how soon will it be ? :) & pls pls pls give just an ETA not necessarily be accurate 

Kyu i would reconsider just giving us hidden powers. Theres easing the grind then theres just giving the players their equip. I was looking forward to making builds with hiddenpower with confirmed IVs. Its like next level breeding. Comps and hidden power comps are about the only distentions between two comps that will actually make one more valuable than the other (besides genderless which is all luck in the ditto catch). If you just give us hidden powers we wont have that anymore. I appreciate you wanting to ease the grind but dont make the mistake of going too far with this, you know its near impossible to go back when you do.

Edited by codylramey