Item: Sitrus Berry
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 ATK + 252 Speed
Moveset:

• Belly Drum
  • Fire Punch
  • Thunder Punch/ Crunch
  • Earthquake
Does this mean gladiator set for him is different?
What was meant by this then?

They actually don't run 1-3 things. That's not the meta. TT, PSL fights and officials can prove that.
Gladiator is anti-meta poke that shits on standard wallish teams of OU. Besides I don't see one certain set as the most threatening, but Charizard as a poke, being really threatening as you never know what it's gonna throw on you and it has no safe switches before the set is scouted.

Edited by jerryzoo

Alright I'm gonna vent a little bit. This isn't necessarily directed at just you, Tyrone, since I know the transition from Noad has probably been tough. She was a superhero with the amount of things she juggled for the comp community at once, and I can't imagine replacing that.

That being said...

The usage stats delay is unacceptable. Whatever amount of data you have now, it needs to be posted. Then, as you collect more data, you can update the usage thread accordingly and add it on there. Usage stats aren't some secret subset of data meant for staff eyes only - they are an extremely useful tool for the competitive community when they're available. 

Do I even need to list the countless benefits a recent, well maintained usage page gives to the comp community? Improved discussion threads, improved viability rankings, improved tiers that actually reflect current metagames (Does anyone really think blastoise is still being used in 4.5% of UU teams? Or absol?).

I'm literally scrambling my brain for a reason staff keeps delaying the "grand unveiling." Now, I know we just had the scizor ban relatively recently, so maybe that's the reason for the delay in "Usage based updates" - whatever, I'll gloss over that (although what is gonna happen in 1 week to affect those decisions?). Please, post the usage anyways. We want to see and use it.

Edited by Gunthug

Alright I'm gonna vent a little bit. This isn't necessarily directed at just you, Tyrone, since I know the transition from Noad has probably been tough. She was a superhero with the amount of things she juggled for the comp community at once, and I can't imagine replacing that.

That being said...

The usage stats delay is unacceptable. Whatever amount of data you have now, it needs to be posted. Then, as you collect more data, you can update the usage thread accordingly and add it on there. Usage stats aren't some secret subset of data meant for staff eyes only - they are an extremely useful tool for the competitive community when they're available. 

Do I even need to list the countless benefits a recent, well maintained usage page gives to the comp community? Improved discussion threads, improved viability rankings, improved tiers that actually reflect current metagames (Does anyone really think blastoise is still being used in 4.5% of UU teams? Or absol?).

I'm literally scrambling my brain for a reason staff keeps delaying the "grand unveiling." Now, I know we just had the scizor ban relatively recently, so maybe that's the reason for the delay in "Usage based updates" - whatever, I'll gloss over that (although what is gonna happen in 1 week to affect those decisions?). Please, post the usage anyways. We want to see and use it.

I understand where you're coming from.

But at the moment, I only have one month of usage stats. Everything from December - Mid January got deleted due to an internal update of the system.

Making the information public before having at least a medium sample size would be silly as it wouldn't be trustworthy. Wrong conclusions could be made with the data of just two tournaments and I did not want that to happen.

Tomorrow I'll make some time publish the usage instead of the 24th (I wanted to include one more UU Tournament).

So you can expect usage Saturday or Sunday depending on how much time I've got.

I understand where you're coming from.

But at the moment, I only have one month of usage stats. Everything from December - Mid January got deleted due to an internal update of the system.

Making the information public before having at least a medium sample size would be silly as it wouldn't be trustworthy. Wrong conclusions could be made with the data of just two tournaments and I did not want that to happen.

Tomorrow I'll make some time publish the usage instead of the 24th (I wanted to include one more UU Tournament).

So you can expect usage Saturday or Sunday depending on how much time I've got.

I had a feeling something like this had happened - certainly explains a lot. It's not a big deal, this kind of thing happens (and the more recent usage statistics are always going to be more representative, anyways). Just wish you had come out and told us, and gone ahead and given us the small sample sizes anyways. Those who participate in tiering know the limitations of small sample sizes of usage data (or can simply be warned about them if they're brought up in serious discussion)- but it's still very helpful to see even one tournament's worth of usage stats, especially when we've gone so long without them that we're basically shooting blind. That's my view, at least

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.