Community

Karime

Hey y'all,

I am new to PokeMMO. So I logged in (Chose Hoenn as my starting Region), and when it came to picking my starter, I asked if there are Megas in PokeMMO. someone answered yes. So I asked for a confirmation (knowing some people like to troll and give out false info) and this guy just shouts I am a noob and blocked me o,o.

My question is:

Is this a representation of the community or is this just an isolated incident? 

Just like any other community you will find people that are willing to help and others to be complete trolls. As for mega evolution, no it's not implemented in PokeMMO.

Edit:

Also, the following link might answer some of the questions you may have.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/55128-frequently-asked-questions/

Edited by Hassan

no it is not representative of the true community here at pokemmo. Channel chat is full of people who just want to "have fun" by trolling other people. You'll find a nice community here on the forums. You can also find yourself a helpful/engaging team to join in the round table on the forums, though many may have prereq's before you can join.

Channel and global is just a cancer as mentionned. You should find a team that recruit new player and have a good "atmosphere" ^^

But here honestly I only met good and nice people to me at the moment. ^^

There are trolls on the forum too, but not that much.

There is no community outside of teams.

In-game chats are an unbearable cancer

Forums have no real different community for someone new like you (there is a competitive scene but you're a bit too new for that), just a big team circlejerk and a few spaces for people to get help.

but teams are fun, join one. They're the single best thing about this game.

good luck I guess.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your comments. It's great to see that this isn't what the community is like. 

For those who are telling me to move on, I agree. One of the main reasons I play a MMO (Can this be called a MMO?) is for the social interaction. Otherwise, I can just go play the handheld games. To me, communities help or break any game. 

Also, thank you for the suggestions in finding a team. I will have to look into them.

Karime.

This may seem a tad bit off-topic, but if you manage to find yourself a team, Karime, would you mind sending me an invitation? I've been playing PokeMMO since mid-2013 and have never given teams a second thought. I have a team of my own but it only has two other people, of which both are inactive nowadays. I'd be nice to have some people to converse with on a daily basis in-game. Thanks.

Edited by Uzi

My first impression of this game was identical to yours, Karime.  And you know what?  I've been playing for three years now.  Three years, and nothing has changed.  You've got some genuinely good people giving you replies in this thread, but every single newcomer to PokeMMO will ponder the same question that you did.  It sure is a lopsided social system, where the minority of vocal riffraff make the impressions, and the majority of decent fans retreat into teams and timid silence.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Berke

Mega Jumpeon confirmed

But jumpeon was already banned from ubers, and even then Mega Rayquaza could hardly do anything to it... Does this mean that Mega Jumpeon will be in a tier beyond Uber-Ubers?

This may seem a tad bit off-topic, but if you manage to find yourself a team, Karime, would you mind sending me an invitation? I've been playing PokeMMO since mid-2013 and have never given teams a second thought. I have a team of my own but it only has two other people, of which both are inactive nowadays. I'd be nice to have some people to converse with on a daily basis in-game. Thanks.

Omg this is so sad. Reminds me of a guy who is like old and realizes he just spent his life alone and full of regrets ;-;

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.