OrangeManiac's NU Competitive guide

OrangeManiac

Duskull is notably better than Banette at stalling with Pain Split, due to low base HP and really good defenses. It also has Earthquake immunity and a fixed power Night Shade to prevent too much stuff to set up Substitute and stuff on it. At defensiveness Duskull outclasses Banette and yeah it should most definitely be added in this guide, I'll do it when I am back home. I don't think Duskull outclasses Banette as a Pokemon but at one role is in my opinion enough to add in the guide any NFE.

Edited by OrangeManiac

I noticed seviper a while back and it is not bad at all. Your set recommends an all-attacking max speed build, which is great.

But Seviper comes with one of the best status moves in game: Glare.

Quiet Nature 92 HP/ 164 Atk / 252 Satk

Glare

Giga Drain

Earthquake

Sludge Bomb

Glare helps it outspeed pretty much anything despite the -speed nature. The special attack is maximized to do as much damage as possible and have a very high chance to one shot 252HP Whiscash via Giga Drain. The HP investment takes it to 160 HP, for extra recovery. The rest is dumped into attack, and it has enough to guarantee a 2hko 252 HP impish Aggron. The final slot should be used for Sludge Bomb, due to STAB, high damage output and the possibility to status, if you choose not to Glare. The sad thing about Seviper is that despite having fantastic offensive pool and atk/satk bases, its frailty makes it hard for it to switch in, so it can be seen as a niche or a wallbreaker. It can come in on Tangela, Muk, Absol, Cacturne, Roselia, Bellossom, Jumpluff and punish them with status or some hard hits. But that is about all it can do.

Edited by OldKeith

I noticed seviper a while back and it is not bad at all. Your set recommends an all-attacking max speed build, which is great.

But Seviper comes with one of the best status moves in game: Glare.

Quiet Nature 92 HP/ 164 Atk / 252 Satk

Glare

Giga Drain

Earthquake

Sludge Bomb

Glare helps it outspeed pretty much anything despite the -speed nature. The special attack is maximized to do as much damage as possible and have a very high chance to one shot 252HP Whiscash via Giga Drain. The HP investment takes it to 160 HP, for extra recovery. The rest is dumped into attack, and it has enough to guarantee a 2hko 252 HP impish Aggron. The final slot should be used for Sludge Bomb, due to STAB, high damage output and the possibility to status, if you choose not to Glare. The sad thing about Seviper is that despite having fantastic offensive pool and atk/satk bases, its frailty makes it hard for it to switch in, so it can be seen as a niche or a wallbreaker. It can come in on Tangela, Muk, Absol, Cacturne, Roselia, Bellossom, Jumpluff and punish them with status or some hard hits. But that is about all it can do.

Fucking stop giving away my strats ;_;

Spikes

Giga Drain

Toxic Sludge Bomb
Protect / Hidden Power Ground / Synthesis

or

Sleep Powder

Giga Drain

Spikes

Aromatherapy

Quoting the Roselia set here, I think Sludge Bomb gives it great coverage and a hard-hitting potentially statusing move that will scare/punish possible Fire Switch ins.. That move also shits on pure grass types, of course, and sends Cacturne running or dying. I doubt HP Ground is all that necessary, since Sludge hits for STAB almost as hard. Roselia has an array of very useful moves too if you don't want to run a dual attacker (run dual attacker trust me):

Sleep Powder - excellent pivot move

Aromatherapy - easier to pull off if you run Sleep Powder

Synthesis - An alternative to Protect, can be more useful at times

Substitute nevermind

Roselia is great, its special bulk is often underestimated and its special attack base is so high, that even uninvested STAB moves will hurt a lot. Excellent if you want an answer to electric types and want to spread legos over your opponent's field.

292.gif

Shedinja
BST: 236 (1/90/45/30/30/40)

- Shedinja is probably one the weirdest Pokemon in Pokemon history. Its unique ability Wonder Guard makes it to be immune to every attack that is not super effective, so 5/18 of all types can attack it. However, due Shedinja's always 1 HP there are plenty of other ways to kill a Shedinja such as Spikes or a Status which means Shedinja is really unreliable Pokemon but at best can even walls teams. Shedinja especially is good when not shown until late game and at best your opponent might close their client when they realize they have nothing to touch this Shedinja.

[spoiler]

Swords Dance

Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EV Spread: 252 Attack 252 Speed

Item: Lum Berry

Swords Dance

Return
Thief
Protect

- Base 90 Attack is really nice for Swords Dancing, good when you need Shedinja's own power to beat Pokemon that could touch it. Return + Thief gives all the necessary coverage. Protect is mainly to scout if opponent has something to touch Shedinja. 

Checks and Counters: Well, having moves that can touch Shedinja is nice to begin with but Toxic and Spikes are the nemesis of Shedinja.

As far as I'm aware, it does not learn SD.

I think the best set is probs CB.

Return, Thief, AA, Dig

As far as I'm aware, it does not learn SD.

I think the best set is probs CB.

Return, Thief, AA, Dig

I can confirm that it doesn't get SD. 

Protect/toxic are also viable options.

Trick with CB can be cool and forces a lot of switches XD

I strongly suggest playing shedinja in a spikes team. He is an amazing spin blocker and, with return CB, he can kill most pursuit users of the tier after spike dmg. RIP electabuzz.

Considering ninjask can use sd, just evovle it once it learns it to pass the moveset over. Also I like fury cutter, gives him a strong stab atk after a few turns

I tested this and it doesn't work.

I tried learning SD as a tutor move and it didn't work either.

Atm, it is impossible to get shedinja with SD.

Edit: Last time I checked was 1 month ago, maybe it is possible now...

Edited by lamerb

I tested this and it doesn't work.
I tried learning SD as a tutor move and it didn't work either.

Atm, it is impossible to get shedinja with SD.

Edit: Last time I checked was 1 month ago, maybe it is possible now...

Interesting, I know for a fact that it should get it, it was possible to spawn one on the pts as well.

According to the Pokedex & Bulba, it doesn't get it.

By a prior evolution
If Nincada learns a move upon evolving into Ninjask, Shedinja will also know this move. This means that Shedinja can learn any of Ninjask's level up moves starting at level 20, but only the ones learned at the same level.

font

I think that means that if you evolve your Nincada at level 25 Ninjask will learn Swords Dance upon evolving and Shedinja will learn it as well.

Not sure if i understood it right, as well as I'm not sure if it is the way it works in this game.

what is this "im done" stuff? teir guides are never done.

kabutops gets flail and SD so a sd/flail/water fall/sub ot endure set with salac is pretty nice. sub blocks intimidate from top and protects from priority, and most quick attacks wont even break sub.

also a sub/3 attacks or 2 + sd works

shiftry is another one of those pokes no one knows gets SD. a SD set should be something like leaf blade/faint attack/sd/sub or boom

mime can also spec wall with sub/screen or two/spec attack (sig beam/tbolt/psychic)

sub for pursuiters like absol and sharky. screens for support.

phsy pika is a option with something like naughty/naive max att/speed t punch/e speed/fake out/surf or good hp

what is this "im done" stuff? teir guides are never done.

When you have written this pile of text you kinda need to have a massive break from it.

Kinda confused about the whole Shedinja case but if it SHOULD work like that then I think it belongs there but we'll see. I added stuff like Keith's Seviper set which was pretty good etc. but I just kinda need to give this a break.

You should include Haze on the standard Mantine set, it's a good way (the only way) to stop CM sweeps from Ninetales, Golduck or Kadabra and it can be useful against Cradily too: just Toxic it and if you live the hit use Haze to wipe its stats.

Also you should include Air Cutter on Mantine, its a cool special STAB that covers Grass/Bug/Fighting types and threatens a lot more pokemon in NU than Ice Beam. A lot of the time it'll be useless, but it will come in handy late game if Mantine can live that long.

You should include Haze on the standard Mantine set, it's a good way (the only way) to stop CM sweeps from Ninetales, Golduck or Kadabra and it can be useful against Cradily too: just Toxic it and if you live the hit use Haze to wipe its stats.

Also you should include Air Cutter on Mantine, its a cool special STAB that covers Grass/Bug/Fighting types and threatens a lot more pokemon in NU than Ice Beam. A lot of the time it'll be useless, but it will come in handy late game if Mantine can live that long.

Agree, also completely stops grumpig from setting up.

Air cutter got that increased crit chance. Better than ice beam for sure.

+1

Agree, also completely stops grumpig from setting up.
Air cutter got that increased crit chance. Better than ice beam for sure.

+1

I would rather play hp flying, but air cutter is nice too and way easier to get XD
Pinsir and venomoth need to die!!!!

Shelgon isn't that great tbh

To be fair, Shelgon got a pretty good typing and remains one of the best wisher of the tier.

And despite being a wisher/defensive wall, he is still able to do decent damage with double-edge and keep the pressure on.

He is not unviable yet, but if sneasel comes to NU, that is another story.