Nature: Quiet

Item: Leftovers

Evs: 252HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpA

Moveset:

- Substitute

- Thunderwave

- Thunderbolt

- Focus Punch

* Pretty easy to use, thunderwave allows you to speed control fast things that may switch in and try to setup over Ampharos, like CM Ninetales, behind a sub you can choose to twave your opponents or just fire a focus punch

also, didn't say it before, great job and good luck keeping it orange.

Sidenote: I doubt bold Dustox would work, statswise it is pretty bad, the only way it will work will be as special wall full HP and SpDef and Calm nature.

Edited by felix

To keep things organized I first complete this with my movesets, then add community's input.

However, I'm a bit sceptical about SubPunch Ampharos. What exactly does it notably hard? Ice-types won't switch in on Ampharos pretty much ever, Steel-types are non existant and Rock.. well Hidden Power them. Just overall damage I think that STAB Thunderbolt does much more damage without type effectiveness because of the high special attack.

However, I'm a bit sceptical about SubPunch Ampharos. What exactly does it notably hard? Ice-types won't switch in on Ampharos pretty much ever, Steel-types are non existant and Rock.. well Hidden Power them. Just overall damage I think that STAB Thunderbolt does much more damage without type effectiveness because of the high special attack.

Implying Ampharos can hit Curse (252HP/252 SpDef) Cradily with any special move ;)

Also, special walls do not like to getting a focus punch in the face, mixed would do a nice job as surprise element.

Anyway, it is your guide, if you don't think it is useful just don't add. But I do agree with you, better finish your movesets before getting input from the community in new ones.

Edited by felix

Implying Ampharos can hit Curse (252HP/252 SpDef) Cradily with any special move ;)
Also, special walls do not like to getting a focus punch in the face, mixed would do a nice job as surprise element.

I'm not implying anything, it was a question. Well Cradily is maybe one but what special walls do we exactly have? Grumpig and Mime resist the Fpunch, so do Muk and Swalot, Hitmontop will Intimidate it, Walrein and Lapras are better off Thunderbolt'..

Edit: Well there's Piloswine which Fpunch is good for but due to Sandslash and Golem it is literally useless.

Yes it is my guide and I'm not gonna add a set there which for me it doesn't make any sense. Not like I hate SubPunch Amphy as I used to use it in old UU but I just find it having no real use in the current NU tier. Edited by OrangeManiac

Scyther

Reversal Set

Nature: Jolly/Adamant

Item: Salac berry/Liechi Berry

Evs: 252Attack / 252 speed

Moveset:

- Reversal

- Sub/Endure

- Aerial ace/Wing attack

- Sword dance

* Solid reversal user. There don't seem to be many flying/levitates in NU so it's a good choice to switch from EQs/spikes.

Scyther

CB Set

Item: Choice band

Evs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed

Moveset:

- Aerial Ace/Wing Attack

- Return

- Brick Break

- Quick Attack/Pursuit

* The overly used Hitmontop cannot switch into a CB Scyther(if adamant) which makes it deadly in a team, especially if the opponent has nothing to take a flying attack.

Edited by KaynineXL

About delibird: since him and claydol are the only rapid spinners to take no dmg from spikes, would it be a valid option to put rapid spin instead of toxic?

Sounds like a good idea if you ever wanted to run it, don't think toxic is doing anything amazing so why not.

for nidoqueen

relaxed/impish 252 hp 252 def @leftovers

-super fang

-moonlight

-earthquake

- crunch or sludge bomb or ice beam

you dont really need toxic to stop things from walling you, since 2x superfang put just about everything in range of a ko. between poison point and sbomb(if you run it) you will be getting lots of poison anyways. last 2 are for coverage. EQ is very good and crunch is nice to hit the ghost trying to soak up the fangs, but it's that good for most other things. sbomb is one of the best for general damage and poison is a plus. i beam hits golem and other ground/rock types hard, as well as the grass types trying to sponge up your eq's.

You probably are going to post the drum set for poliwrath. But I have something else
Def Wall Wrath
Impish / Relaxed
252 HP / 252 Def
Surf
Body Slam / Ice Beam / Brick Break
Toxic / Encore / Haze
Protect / Rest

Basically pairs well with Armaldo + Shuckle + Magcargo. Can bring in against the dreaded Sharpedo or Kabutops or belly drum Wrath. The handy resist to rock and having very nice bulk makes this useful. Plus getting in a hit or toxic into a poke that thinks you are going to set up is a nice surprise as well.

Also under Arbok you should add that it has access to pursuit. It's an egg move.

I'll post more when I'm not on my cell.

Man this is awsome Orange, huge thanks for making this guide! And just before NU Friday.  ;)  

Raticate

- Even with Raticates fairly bad Base Stats it's actually a force to be reckoned with. The move pool of Raticate is quite limited but the moves that it does get are very useful. Its speed is quite good for NU(163 at best) and it have good STAB moves like Return, Double Edge, Body Slam, Quick attack and Facade. Pair the last one with its Ability GUTS and you have a rat that really packs a punch. The STAB moves are easily walled by ghost type Pokemon but Crunch and even Pursuit make up for this. Also the fact that Raticate have access to Swords Dance makes it really scary.

Whenever you encounter a rat, be afraid!

Swords Dance Sweeper

EV Spread: 252 Speed 252 Attack
Item: Salac Berry

Swords Dance

Crunch/Flame Wheel/Return

Endure/Substitute

Reversal

- Even though this set is very gimmicky if you get to set up two or three Swords Dances its pretty much gg, that is if the other team doesn't have a Pokemon with a priority move of course.

Swords Dance Quick Attacker

Nature: Adamant/Jolly

Item: Leftovers/Liechi Berry

Quick Attack

Swords Dance/Super Fang

Return/Facade/Double Edge

Crunch/Flame Wheel

- It can be a bit hard to set up Swords Dance with Raticate since it can often only take one hit before the next one will kill it. So try to use Swords Dance on predicted switches, with that said Raticate can still be surprisingly bulky.

Choice Band

Item: Choice Band

Crunch

Flame Wheel

Quick Attack

- This set is best used as a revenge killer or in the late game against weakened Pokemon.

Feel free to edit/remove/add anything Orange

Man this is awsome Orange, huge thanks for making this guide! And just before NU Friday.  ;)  

Raticate

- Even with Raticates fairly bad Base Stats it's actually a force to be reckoned with. The move pool of Raticate is quite limited but the moves that it does get are very useful. Its speed is quite good for NU(163 at best) and it have good STAB moves like Return, Double Edge, Body Slam, Quick attack and Facade. Pair the last one with its Ability GUTS and you have a rat that really packs a punch. The STAB moves are easily walled by ghost type Pokemon but Crunch and even Pursuit make up for this. Also the fact that Raticate have access to Swords Dance makes it really scary.

Whenever you encounter a rat, be afraid!

Swords Dance Sweeper

Item: Salac Berry

Swords Dance

Crunch/Flame Wheel/Return

Endure/Substitute

Reversal

- Even though this set is very gimmicky if you get to set up two or three Swords Dances its pretty much gg, that is if the other team doesn't have a Pokemon with a priority move of course.

Swords Dance Quick Attacker

Item: Leftovers/Liechi Berry

Quick Attack

Swords Dance/Super Fang

Crunch/Flame Wheel

- It can be a bit hard to set up Swords Dance with Raticate since it can often only take one hit before the next one will kill it. So try to use Swords Dance on predicted switches, with that said Raticate can still be surprisingly bulky.

Choice Band

Item: Choice Band

Crunch

Flame Wheel

Quick Attack

- This set is best used as a revenge killer or in the late game against weakened Pokemon.

Feel free to edit/remove/add anything Orange

Nah I pretty much agree with everything here. I might just copy paste this when I get to Raticate.

Hey, nice to see this killer thread. Unless my Ctrl+F failed me somehow, I do not see Duskull. And it is time people learned about the Little Sister, one of the most viable spinblockers in NU.

Duskull @Leftovers

252 HP 252+ Defense

Pain Split

Night Shade

Will-o-Wisp

Toxic/Confuse Ray

Highly underrated, this little beast has a very nice niche which is to completely shut down Hitmontop for what it does best, spin. Hitmontop can only hope to pull of a Toxic on it, but even so,it will need bulk up and thief to start threatening Duskull, two moves that aren't much helpful otherwise, especially on an utility Hitmontop. To avoid a burn, Top will be forced out, while the next entrant will take spikes damage. Due to levitate, it is arguably a better spin blocker than Sableye, and while the majority of NU does not appreciate getting burned, toxic will punish fire switch-ins. Running Confuse Ray can also help your phasing game as an alternative.

Edited by OldKeith

Hey, nice to see this killer thread. Unless my Ctrl+F failed me somehow, I do not see Duskull. And it is time people learned about the Little Sister, one of the most viable spinblockers in NU.

Duskull @Leftovers
252 HP 252+ Defense
Pain Split
Night Shade
Will-o-Wisp
Toxic/Confuse Ray

Highly underrated, this little beast has a very nice niche which is to completely shut down Hitmontop for what it does best, spin. Hitmontop can only hope to pull of a Toxic on it, but even so,it will need bulk up and thief to start threatening Duskull, two moves that aren't much helpful otherwise, especially on an utility Hitmontop. To avoid a burn, Top will be forced out, while the next entrant will take spikes damage. Due to levitate, it is arguably a better spin blocker than Sableye, and while the majority of NU does not appreciate getting burned, toxic will punish fire switch-ins. Running Confuse Ray can also help your phasing game as an alternative.

Does banette not do the same however?
I suppose levitate is the difference Edited by Kizhaz