Noad

Frequently asked questions.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kenaixx said:

Hey, so I saw several shiny Haxorus in the gtl and the owners got them from a cave in unova at lv 30.

I recently beat unova e4 and visited that cave, but the shiny Haxorus isn't there. 

Are there some conditions to fulfill first?

Haxorus is like every other shiny, you need to hunt him. Those players were simlly lucky enough to find a shiny axew and then evolve it into an Haxorus.

To maximise your chances, you should use sweet scent in the cave, it will make hordes appear.

Edited by Hythalius

Hello there,

Are the TMs reusable as much as we want like in the latest Pokemon?

I can't see the option to switch pokemon after we defeated one? Is it there?

When we change area for the first time? Do we restart from scratch?

thanks you

1 minute ago, samikaz said:

Hello there,

Are the TMs reusable as much as we want like in the latest Pokemon?

I can't see the option to switch pokemon after we defeated one? Is it there?

When we change area for the first time? Do we restart from scratch?

thanks you

TMs here are single use but there is the option to purchase additional TMs.

The switch battle style is not used here, allows a level of difficulty to be maintained.

When you change regions, your level cap is reset, your existing Pokemon are sent to the PC and you start the region with a new starter from scratch.

So there is a guide for Sinnoh but I don't have the option for it

We cannot go to Heartgold?

Does the trick house not work? I went in for the 1st time and checked eevrything including talking to the man and he wont respond.

4 hours ago, Tailower99 said:

Why can't i choose johto as starting region?

You have to earn your entry into johto.

Jk it doesn't exist, hasn't been implemented yet 

On 6/10/2019 at 9:35 PM, samikaz said:

Hi, no Sinnoh is not available yet. It has, however, been announced and is expected SoonTM

On 6/11/2019 at 8:45 PM, AwptownFunk said:

Does the trick house not work? I went in for the 1st time and checked eevrything including talking to the man and he wont respond.

no

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 4:35 PM, samikaz said:

Hello, Sinnoh is still being developed and well.. lets just say it'll be a long long time before we ever see Johto - or as you called it "Heart Gold" (though its a personal dream of mine and im sure many others) =/. The ROMs are there just to supply follower sprites for gens 1-4 and some other visual aspects. Worth downloading but you cannot access it unfortunately.

Edited by awkways
Clarification

4 hours ago, awkways said:

Hello, Sinnoh is still being developed and well.. lets just say it'll be a long long time before we ever see Johto - or as you called it "Heart Gold" (though its a personal dream of mine and im sure many others) =/. The ROMs are there just to supply follower sprites for gens 1-4 and some other visual aspects. Worth downloading but you cannot access it unfortunately.

thank you very much,. Johto is my favourite one. Hope to see it one day :)

So I bought the Donator Ticket, and it clearly says "+10% chance of encountering shinies", yet in the over 100 pokemon I've encountered since i activated my ticket, I've seen none. 10% should mean 1 out of every 10 pokemon should be shiny, so whats going on here? Why is the ticket not working?

6 minutes ago, SuperSpirals said:

So I bought the Donator Ticket, and it clearly says "+10% chance of encountering shinies", yet in the over 100 pokemon I've encountered since i activated my ticket, I've seen none. 10% should mean 1 out of every 10 pokemon should be shiny, so whats going on here? Why is the ticket not working?

+10% means +10% of the original rate. So original+10% which is about 1/27,000

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

+10% means +10% of the original rate. So original+10% which is about 1/27,000

That is terribly worded then, and sounds like a waste of money if you are buying donator status for finding shinies. If you chances are going from 0.00003367003 (~1/29000ish) to 0.00003703703 (1/27000), whats the point? increasing your chances by 4 millionths by paying $15 every 30 days? lol yeaaah no thanks.

Edited by SuperSpirals

28 minutes ago, SuperSpirals said:

That is terribly worded then, and sounds like a waste of money if you are buying donator status for finding shinies. If you chances are going from 0.00003367003 (~1/29000ish) to 0.00003703703 (1/27000), whats the point? increasing your chances by 4 millionths by paying $15 every 30 days? lol yeaaah no thanks.

It goes from 1/30000 to 1/27000. When dealing with the addition or subtraction of percentages it will never just be a straight add on to the number (1/100), this would also make the shiny rate absurd completely diminishing their value

On 6/17/2019 at 6:41 PM, AwptownFunk said:

Can dust clouds appear in Unova or do I just have bad luck?

@MightyBoxer wanna do the spiel?

Posted (edited)

Can dust clouds appear in Unova or do I just have bad luck?

yes u can find them in unova.Pheno is much more rare in pokemmo so its harder to find them.

You can check my guide for known locations.

Edited by MightyBoxer

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:45 AM, AwptownFunk said:

This section has not yet been implemented. No further information is known as of yet.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:35 PM, samikaz said:

Johto, as of yet, has not been implemented. That is used for the following sprites.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:09 PM, Bizasaur said:

Hi, how do I make my battles look like as if I was playing Firered? I don't want Gen 5 battle animated sprites when I'm in Kanto.

You might want to take a look at available visual client customizations for your best game-experience.
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/33-client-customization/

29 minutes ago, Eternith said:

I'm afraid the math is a tad off.. 

Not sure if they taught you, but did you know you can quote multiple people into a single post? Also I believe you're supposed to dysmestify things for them, not tell them hurr durr math is a tad off. 10% means, from the original chance, you get to have 10% better odds. So considering the original chance in pokemmo is 1/30k as they say, you'll end up with a 1/27k chance to obtain a single shiny.

4 minutes ago, razimove said:

Not sure if they taught you, but did you know you can quote multiple people into a single post? Also I believe you're supposed to dysmestify things for them, not tell them hurr durr math is a tad off. 10% means, from the original chance, you get to have 10% better odds. So considering the original chance in pokemmo is 1/30k as they say, you'll end up with a 1/27k chance to obtain a single shiny.

Thank you for re-clarifying that. (:

Posting this here since it seems relevant, I mentioned in the Lunar New Year Charm FAQ thread:

If we were to assume that in PokeMMO 1/30,000 is the Shiny Rate then...

Normal Rate: 1/30,000 = 0.00003333333 (0.0033% chance with rounding to 4 decimal places)
Just Shiny Charm: (1 (base rate) x 1.1 (Shiny Charm 10%)) / 30,000 = 0.00003666666 (0.0037% chance with rounding)
Just Donator Status: (1 (base rate) x 1.1 (Donator Status 10%)) / 30,000 = 0.00003666666 (0.0037% chance with rounding)
Just Shared Shiny Charm via Link: (1 (base rate) x 1.05 (Shared Shiny Charm 5%)) / 30,000 = 0.000035 (0.0035% chance)
Shiny Charm + Donator Status: (1 (base rate) x 1.1 (Shiny Charm 10%) x 1.1 (Donator Status 10%)) / 30,000 = 0.00004033333 (0.004% chance with rounding)
Shared Shiny Charm + Donator Status: (1 (base rate) x 1.05 (Shared Shiny Charm 5%) x 1.1 (Donator Status 10%)) / 30,000 = 0.0000385 (0.0039% chance with rounding)

This means on AVERAGE the number of pokemon you would need to encounter to find a shiny would be:
Normal: 30000
Shiny Charm (10%): 27273
Donator Status (10%): 27273
Shared Shiny Charm (5%) + Donator Status (10%): 25974
Shiny Charm (10%) + Donator Status (10%): 24793

I believe the maths on this is accurate for all your Shiny encounter rate curiosities c:

Is the ability Synchronise working in the Overworld? I’ve found a number of older posts discussing it but nothing outright confirming it works? 

5 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Is the ability Synchronise working in the Overworld? I’ve found a number of older posts discussing it but nothing outright confirming it works? 

It works if sync pokemon is first slot in party with 15% chance of same nature 

1 minute ago, Kamowanthere said:

It works if sync pokemon is first slot in party with 15% chance of same nature 

Brilliant, thank you. Can it be in the first slot and fainted?