dont close goodbye threads for at least 48 hours

srs i havent gotten to say goodbye to half of these people. energizes was close in just over an hour and hes been around for what a year? people like shani and energize and many of the others who have been around a while make a lot a friends. their is no rule against posting goodbye threads and closing them after a hour or a single day isnt enough time for people to say goodbye when you factor in irl + different time zones. 

If you missed the window and they are actually sticking around to read the thread/see responses, you could PM them.

Or staff could stop being souless threadclosers for three seconds and pay some respect to players they have driven away

guys pls dont get my thread locked by going off topic. 

also on topic i didnt even know flava made a thread.

@munya the obvs problem is the "window" as you call it is too small. trying to work around a broken system just leaves a broken system in place instead of fixing it.

better to fix the hole in the boat then remove the water every 3 seconds.

I see 3 diff perspectives here:

1. none of our business but the developers only: if the player did break terms of agreement by using real money to trade, I don't see any reason why the said person should be entitled to the use any of the services available here.

2. as a friend would like to say bye from one player to another. understandable.

3. munya is right. if all you want to do is say bye to the said person why not just PM them and say bye. the only reason to have a prob with this is if you wanted your bye to be public for some reason. maybe to write one of those

"you were da bestest brah" posts and you wanted other people to see it for some reason.

Me being an a-hoe, I go with option 1. because I used to host a server on a game for maNy moons and some people lie cheat and steal and don't respect you either to even follow a simple rule when you host with your own $. It does test your generosity.  (my opinion)

Edited by bl0nde

I see 3 diff perspectives here:

1. none of our business but the developers only: if the player did break terms of agreement by using real money to trade, I don't see any reason why the said person should be entitled to the use any of the services available here.

2. as a friend would like to say bye from one player to another. understandable.

3. munya is right. if all you want to do is say bye to the said person why not just PM them and say bye. the only reason to have a prob with this is if you wanted your bye to be public for some reason. maybe to write one of those

"you were da bestest brah" posts and you wanted other people to see it for some reason.

Me being an a-hoe, I go with option 1. because I used to host a server on a game for maNy moons and some people lie cheat and steal and don't respect you either to even follow a simple rule when you host with your own $. It does test your generosity.  (my opinion)

None of this has anything to do with breaking terms of service for anything at all. None of the people who made goodbye threads, whose threads are now locked, are banned ingame, from forums, or anything. I literally have no idea what your post is talking about. I'd think you were responding to the wrong thread, but since you specified Munya's post, I just have no idea.

i havent gotten to say goodbye to half of these people.

Bye flava

I read your thread, good bye

What happened to him?

He was supposedly banned for RMT

None of the people who made goodbye threads, are banned. I literally have no idea what your post is talking about.

tumblr_inline_mo11ad6K4f1qz4rgp.gif  very confused by the flow of the conversation, but matters not. I have nothing to contribute on the topic: no need to explain to me. Best of luck to you opening poster in your suggestion.

Edited by bl0nde

None of the people who made goodbye threads, whose threads are now locked, are banned ingame, from forums, or anything.

Hey uh

Flava's thread was locked and hidden. He was banned ingame and forum. Maybe you should know what you're talking about before attacking people.

[spoiler]

kermit-lipton-hed-2013.jpg

[/spoiler]

Or how about we make a goodbye section and then staff can't close them. We have an introductions area so why not a goodbye area as well so they aren't all in general discussion

A good-bye section right next to the introduction area would be a great idea. Could situate it below intros.

The biggest con to making a good-bye section is that some people feel the need to be rude and bash the game since they have nothing to lose. Having that next to an intro thread could dissuade new users unless it's moderated (which is something moderators don't want to do apparently). Regardless though, if my friends leave, or almost anybody else, I'd like to read their good-bye and say good-bye myself.

A good-bye section right next to the introduction area would be a great idea. Could situate it below intros.

The biggest con to making a good-bye section is that some people feel the need to be rude and bash the game since they have nothing to lose. Having that next to an intro thread could dissuade new users unless it's moderated (which is something moderators don't want to do apparently). Regardless though, if my friends leave, or almost anybody else, I'd like to read their good-bye and say good-bye myself.

I agree with that. I just thought it might be a happy medium for the staff and the players, though I can definitely see people feeling the need to bash the game. I just think it would be nice to have an area where players that are leaving can post their goodbyes in peace. I really have only gotten to post on 2 of the thread made thus far and the one I was actually really close friends with was closed before I even got to say anything, but I digress. The goodbye section is just a little something for staff to think of adding, though I highly doubt it'll happen

Hey uh

Flava's thread was locked and hidden. He was banned ingame and forum. Maybe you should know what you're talking about before attacking people.

Except that, you know, this isn't about people who RMT. The OP doesn't even mention Flava's thread, although it did specifically call out Energize and Shani's thread. If Flava was perma-banned ingame/from forums, it makes sense the thread would be gone, which is probably why Fred made no mention of it in the OP. This thread isn't "Let Flava Post a Goodbye Thread", if it was, it would have specified him, but it quite clearly did not, nor does it really pertain to the actual suggestion itself. 

I don't see the reason why we need a "Farewell" sub-forum. If people want to say good bye, simply update your status stating so or PM your friends and tell them you're leaving. (Inb4 too lazy to PM everyone) Unless you have the need to announce it to the world that you're leaving the community. Also, there's nothing wrong with just posting a thread in general discussion for a day or two, if someone fails to reply, they can just PM the person as Munya stated. This is my opinion on the matter, don't give a brother salt.

I don't see the reason why we need a "Farewell" sub-forum. If people want to say good bye, simply update your status stating so or PM your friends and tell them you're leaving. (Inb4 too lazy to PM everyone) Unless you have the need to announce it to the world that you're leaving the community. Also, there's nothing wrong with just posting a thread in general discussion for a day or two, if someone fails to reply, they can just PM the person as Munya stated. This is my opinion on the matter, don't give a brother salt.

I can see the whole status thing, but that doesn't give you much room to say things and my problem with PMing is say I was quitting and leaving the forums as well. I have a lot of friends from this game and PMing all of them would just be hectic tbh. I don't disagree that this can be done, but I do just think it is easiest to make a thread and having a section for it would just be best than having to put them in general discussion and have them deleted after a little bit.

The thread is confusing from the reader's perspective when the opening poster writes "many others"  in the opening post. When you write that, you are talking about the people who had their thread locked. Then you read down and the discussion is immediately about this flava character who is supposedly banned for real money trading. Stop there. and you can see that this could lead a reader to believe that real money trading Is being discussed in this topic as one of the "many other" locked topics in question by the opening poster.

I found that unclear personally there what exactly the intentions of the thread were due to the way the conversation went. I hope this clears it up for everyone else: fred (the opening poster) is talking about just regular users who are saying goodbye, not anything related to real money trading bans/locked topics (flava).

Edited by bl0nde