[Sig] Gilan's Sig Shop

I think you did a really great job with the revision of your own sig, and the creation for Hassan, Gilan. 

If I might give a little suggestion, have you tried bringing the Bulba a hair lower to cover that tiny bit of background still remaining? to me it looks like its left arm is raised, when I think it's supposed to be laying. Perhaps have it resting on the bottom line.

But I do like how it spills out of the bg. Gives it some nice dimension.

Thanks for pointing that out! I totally agree and was wandering if it was a big deal when I was making it XD

2upyg6q.jpg

or should it go all the way down?

ohs521.jpg

All the way down imo.

Gilan why are you so awesome?

[spoiler]Thank you it's bootiful :')[/spoiler]

see above if you agreed with Musica

Edited by Gilan

Name to be displayed: Elcoolio

Team Tag to be displayed: AURA

Mood of the sig (i.e. playful, destructive, serious): Badass

Render (aka picture): Walrein

Misc.: Although im in AURA i want people to know i was in GWOP

lyn always makes shit sigs yours dont look too bad

xzxjr.jpg

meh, all the walrein renders suck, imo. There was one good one that really fit into your wanted theme of "badass" (here), but it was a corner piece and couldn't figure out how to turn it into a worthwhile sig. So I took this chance to use my dust brushes to make snow. Interestingly, the snow made the text 10x more difficult to read, so I had to do some stuff to make the text pop out more. I hope you like the sig.

in my honest opinion, I think this is the worst one of the 4 in this thread so far... Not that I didn't try as much (in fact this one took longer ;-; ), but the render pool for walrein is really small and not very good... I also couldn't figure out how to make an icy effect (didn't look up a tutorial for it yet, was seeing if I could do it on my own). Furthermore, I think that adding in the "R.I.P. GWOP" made it a bit more cluttered than I like...

I may come back to this one to edit the text to include an icy effect, after I figure out how to do it.

Edited by Gilan

Hope you don't mind me chiming in again, Gilan. Wanted to see if I could maybe assist.

I can definitely see what you were going for with the Walrein one, and like the idea. I think you did a great job with choosing the blue and white hues for both background and snowdust. A nice cohesiveness there that doesn't make the other clash with the coupled elements. Just a few things that popped to the top of my head when looking it over:

- The font text colour is throwing me off a bit. I can see you pulled it from the tusks, but I think I would have went with a really pale icy blue, or powder blue instead. A gradient of light to dark blue could be a cool idea too. The cream clashes with the snowdust, to me, and stands out in a way that goes against everything else. Unlike with the first sig, whose font colour you adjusted, the cream isn't complimentary colour to the background or chosen focal point. 

- If the RIP GWOP text was feeling cluttery to you, perhaps size it down some? I think its placement is fine, personally, since it's relatively evenly spaced compared to the username and tag. But if it feels too much to you, changing up the size might make it less overbearing?

- I might shrink the Walrein a touch. The top part starting to dip into the Inner Shadow makes it look kinda squished. Or maybe bring the shadow up a scootch more? 

- With the snowdust, I get the feeling you wanted it to be windswept, and I can see the makings of that, but I don't think it fully connected to the desired effect. I think it'd actually look nice as normal snowfall, like what you can see on the left portion. The large collective on the right is lacking some towards the top, making it look a little heavy on that side. 

- In regards to the icy look, ice is one of my favorite things to draw. While I've not fiddled with using brush designs and such to make it, I have a little idea of how to maybe translate it? Mind you, this is all just what I came up with on the fly, so I have no idea if it'd actually work. It's just a theory. 

If you have a brush that's like cracks in a wall or structure of some kind, that would be the top layer. Underneath just that, I'd use a light blue, or silver, and fill in some of the pockets that the cracks create when they connect to one another. You could fade the colouring too when reaching open/not closed areas. Afterwards, you could lower the opacity to make it see through. Could add some textures on top of that too, if you wanted. 

Hopefully I'm making sense. I'm not the best at explaining things. 

Looks like smoki is dead again

Name to be displayed: Draekyn
Team Tag to be displayed: VVVV
Mood of the sig (i.e. playful, destructive, serious): ~ 
Render (aka picture): Shinies : Tauros, Arcanine, Lapras or Dragonair, whichever is easier to find
Misc.: Kinda like the way the render goes off the sig on your other sigs

Hey, I need a new sig and I really like how your sigs look.

Name to be displayed: xXKhryon
Team Tag to be displayed: [VVVV]
Mood of the sig (i.e. playful, destructive, serious): Badass
Render (aka picture): Shiny Charizard
Misc.:

Thanks for the sig and your time in advance.

Name to be displayed: Rendom

Team Tag to be displayed: ÁvE

Mood of the sig (i.e. playful, destructive, serious): badass

Render (aka picture): Shiny Salamence

Misc.: maybe TT winner march 2015 if it fits in your opinion

Appreciate it :)

Edited by Rendom

Name to be displayed: AdmBriggs

Team Tag to be displayed: N/A

Mood of the sig (i.e. playful, destructive, serious): Dark and Mysterious

Render (aka picture): Pidgeot

Misc.: If at all possible I'd like the Pidgeot to be shiny

Your doing awesome man, keep up the good work and I know you'll go places!

Here you go, good sir:

nleo77.jpg

Was the most mysterious pidgeot I could find. Was unable to turn it shiny; the color replacement turned out derpy =/

Briggs_Sig2.jpg

had my brother look at it, and he wanted the head darker. So... :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Coolio, still trying to make your sig better. Kept trying things but stuff wasn't working out... I'll keep coming back to it as I learn more.

Hope you don't mind me chiming in again, Gilan. Wanted to see if I could maybe assist.

And Musica, I always appreciate your criticism ;)  You can interject as many times as you like :P

and as far as turning the text into ice, I got to that point, but in the end the text is just too hard to see... I might be considering doing a full redo on the sig if I can't figure it out >.<

Edited by Gilan

Name to be displayed:DarkLumio

Team Tag to be displayed:[Vale]

Mood of the sig (i.e. playful, destructive, serious):Destructive

Render (aka picture):Infernape

Here you go:

Lumio_s_sig.jpg

played around with white smoke. Also had to edit the render quite a bit (add in a couple fingers, a toe, finish off some of the flames, etc.)

Name to be displayed :IntoTheFray

Team Tag to be displayed: OMEN

Mood of the sig (i.e. playful, destructive, serious): playful

Render (aka picture): mew

Misc.:  ty in advance ~

here you go:

fraysig.jpg

When I went to put the text on the sig, I realized there were the perfect amount of bubbles for the amount of text =3  If you don't like the text layout like that, I can edit it. Also used a gradient clipping mask on the background of this one (makes the bottom fade out).

Name to be displayed: xKyokatsu

Team Tag to be displayed: [LYLE]

Mood of the sig (i.e. playful, destructive, serious): Sexy/Hentai

Render (aka picture): Xenovia from Highschool DxD

[spoiler]

Best ones I could find

Highschool+DxD+Xenovia+Battle+Rape+Rende

highschool_dxd_xenovia_hyper_hot_png_by_ 

(and btw erase the border)

[/spoiler]

Misc.: Thanks

here you go:

fraysig.jpg

When I went to put the text on the sig, I realized there were the perfect amount of bubbles for the amount of text =3  If you don't like the text layout like that, I can edit it. Also used a gradient clipping mask on the background of this one (makes the bottom fade out).

i love it tnx so much :) <3

Name to be displayed: Gary Oak

Team Tag to be displayed: GARY

Mood of the sig (i.e. playful, destructive, serious): Cool

Render (aka picture): Gary Oak

Misc.:

Garysig.jpg

This was pretty much just a Green/Blue render that looked similar to Gary... I probably just should have done a full on Green/Blue render, than try to bridge the two...

edit:

in fact, I really don't like this one. Gonna redo later.

Edited by Gilan