The Pokemon Showdown Thread

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-278815490

Entei/hera/mence is the best offensive core ive ever used - been meaning to make a new UU team for a while but this team's just so much fun

edit: tried a new team just for fun. Ended up in a crazy close match v. a guy using curse goodra.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-278887366

Edited by Gunthug

WOW just got done with an intense ass marathon UU match - 74 turns, was down 6-3 for a large portion of it. Check out the pory-z clutch at the end though (and kek at his misclick that mighta cost him the game)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-279246630

#BanScald

Also, he really had the match won....Flygon was faster than Pory-Z, could have just switched out, sack something since pory could not set up or get recovery, get Flygon back in and EQ.....Or, if he didn't trust possible low rolls, could have U-Turned, sacked something else, get Flygon in again and get the EQ victory...but who am i to judge

where's the wild charge on 9/knock off on buzz tho

fun watch tho, forgot that UU is the best tier for a sec there

no room for wild charge sadly, as running morning sun has proven extremely valuable for all the predicted suicune/milotic switches when arc is in (and i dont even think wild charge 2hkos them with my set). I like knock off on buzz, but foul play lets me smack set-up beasts like feraligatr to bark9 espeed range. I did throw this team together relatively quickly though so I think it could use some work

#BanScald

Also, he really had the match won....Flygon was faster than Pory-Z, could have just switched out, sack something since pory could not set up or get recovery, get Flygon back in and EQ.....Or, if he didn't trust possible low rolls, could have U-Turned, sacked something else, get Flygon in again and get the EQ victory...but who am i to judge

after watching back through, youre absolutely right haha he threw that away. I actually think he was banded too - which i guess is why he thought the stone edge would kill pory? I also think he shoulda just attacked poryz with ampharos around turn 60 rather than go for the rest - all i had left at that point was mandibuzz which he easily coulda cleaned up

he's sitting around 1100 on the ladder so i don't expect too much, but at times during that match he played like a 1500+ guy. I was lucky to win

non of these replays are working for me and im so mad, u all making that UU of gunt's seem awesome and im so sad i cant see it

summary of 90% of my replays

-fast start, usually with me getting horribly outplayed and sacking 1-3 pokes that i don't need to sack

-opponent gets complacent and i finally make a good play or 2

-moxie scarf mence easy mode sweep

Hjk has already let me down quite some times....Ice Punch was good enough to force him to slack off stall, and he would have eventually lost anyway, possibly going for an EQ before getting ko ( unless crit EQ ), plus a crit of freeze ( like it happened ) was quite probable in the long run ( lol not even that long )...i really just didn't want to risk missing the hjk....think i have a replay where an hjk miss ( plus an hydropump miss and a crit ) litterally costed me a match that i had won