The Pokemon Showdown Thread

Yeah I didn't really like VGC that much. I might make a mega sceptile team eventually, atm my team doesn't really have that great of a win condition. I'm just running a stall team in UU and it seems to be pissing off people pretty regularly. 

stall in UU is awesome. Slowking/florges core can handle just about anything, and it's absolutely amazing how many idiots will try to set up crocune on slowking

stall in UU is awesome. Slowking/florges core can handle just about anything, and it's absolutely amazing how many idiots will try to set up crocune on slowking

not running either of those. only thing I've had problems with is a choice band krook that crit 4 pokes on my team to death and just leech seed stalling grass types, although haven't actually lost to any of those yet since I can usually stall them out. I think I'm like 18-2 with the stall team I've been using. I think my other loss was to a dragon dance feraligatr that got lucky vs my umbreon

Yeah I didn't really like VGC that much. I might make a mega sceptile team eventually, atm my team doesn't really have that great of a win condition. I'm just running a stall team in UU and it seems to be pissing off people pretty regularly. 

If your new to vgc I wouldnt suggest using scept as it requires a good bit of knowledge of the meta to use and a ton of teambuilding skills. Although it can put in work if used right.

Edit: Oh and it needs good predictions to get momentum  going 

Edited by Imabetheverybest1

A year or so ago I was playing the showdown off and on. I don't understand the moves and stuff though because I'm new to it the same way I was new to comp dueling when I started this game. Watching the other casuals in showdown never seemed to help me gain consistency. I wanted to watch the top ranked guys play but never found an easy way to do it. Lost interest.

A year or so ago I was playing the showdown off and on. I don't understand the moves and stuff though because I'm new to it the same way I was new to comp dueling when I started this game. Watching the other casuals in showdown never seemed to help me gain consistency. I wanted to watch the top ranked guys play but never found an easy way to do it. Lost interest.

I've been there too, that's why I usually play random or random gen 1 xD I also don't know that much about gen 5 and 6, the little I've learned is because of random battles

08ae6009db67411f6b0d50fd3bec89eb.png

Randoms ladder. Place is a coincidence.

[spoiler]but girls pls respond[/spoiler]

Started a climb practically from 1000 on this account in Tuesday. Getting to 1900s isn't tough, then the fun begins

That's nice man, I can't go up above 1800, every time I get there I get shitty teams like farfetch with delibird together e.e

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-252977533

I really suck at VGC, for every victory i get, i at least lose 3 times

EDIT: not exactly how i expected it to end, but still ok i guess

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-252980087

That looks like a solid half and half team. But do you mind telling me why your running meta? It seems like its dead weight for your team to me.

Bleh, will completly remove Bisharp...no impressed with it...

VGC is buggy, sometimes, if both your pokes die in the same turn, and you have only one poke left you can't send it out. Happened to me and my opponents, lost already won matches and won already lost matches...pretty annoying

Also, i think the new upgrades are a little too userfriendly, imo showing the already used moves, remaining PP etc should be something that the player itself should keep track of....

VGC is buggy, sometimes, if both your pokes die in the same turn, and you have only one poke left you can't send it out. Happened to me and my opponents, lost already won matches and won already lost matches...pretty annoying

Give heatran a shot. Great typing, can work in TR,and a great aegi counter. Your best bet would probably be the standard smogon vgc heatran set. Although you could sub out earth power for flash cannon for coverage.

Also, i think the new upgrades are a little too userfriendly, imo showing the already used moves, remaining PP etc should be something that the player itself should keep track of....

Are you completely sure it is a bug? It never happened to me (chrome). Maybe it doesn't show this, but you need to select the slot in which to send out your last thing (left or right), so 2 clicks iirc.

Are you completely sure it is a bug? It never happened to me (chrome). Maybe it doesn't show this, but you need to select the slot in which to send out your last thing (left or right), so 2 clicks iirc.

Yeah, but you can't select the spot where to place it. For example, last time it happened to me, i had only Bannete left, both my pokes went down, and when i had to send it out, in one of the 2 place there was Bannete already, so i could not send it out....Happened to my opponent with his Alakazam too...if it happens again i'll take a screen