The Pokemon Showdown Thread

tumblr_inline_mo11akDOIn1qz4rgp.gif  good luck in showdown guys.

addressing your post before the edit, there are actually a lot of people who feel those moves are uncompetitive, much like baton pass can be used to keep momentum in this gen. There was a push to get the moves banned but, much like scald, I doubt it'll ever happen

addressing your post before the edit, there are actually a lot of people who feel those moves are uncompetitive, much like baton pass can be used to keep momentum in this gen. There was a push to get the moves banned but, much like scald, I doubt it'll ever happen

Except Scald and the momentum moves are not comparable.

There are a bunch of ways to play around them. Rocky Helmet and Recoil Abilities ( like Rough Skin ) punish U-Turners. Volt Switch on the other hand isn't affected by possible recoils, but can be stopped by Ground Types/Volt Absorb ( i like to switch Landorus T against Rotom W, doesn't alway ends up good, but when it does it's nice ) and such, while U-Turn hits everything. SR also punish a little those kind of moves since you'll end up getting lots of indirect ( think they are named residual ? ) damages from them. But in the end, the good points of U-Turn/Volt Switch outshine the bad ones ( at least for me, and i use a U-Turn a Volt Switch and even a Baton Pass user to be able to get in play M-Medicham )

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-248106469
Exadrill please be banned to ubers.
5MyKb45.png

does mandibuzz really live a +2 rock slide at 75%? that guy seemed to think the crit mattered

e: I mean, if he's absolutely max defense then maybe he gets a hit off, but he still goes down to sand

+2 252+ Atk Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 258-304 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Edited by Noad

does mandibuzz really live a +2 rock slide at 75%? that guy seemed to think the crit mattered

e: I mean, if he's absolutely max defense then maybe he gets a hit off, but he still goes down to sand

+2 252+ Atk Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 258-304 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yea would have been a lot closer, but Specs Keldeo/ Life Orb Thundurus/ Mega-metagross would have cleaned up afterwards anyways.