NU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Well, first, heavy banded hitters are able to 2hko chime with ease.

Most of our special sweepers can also 2hko the bold version of chime.

For checks, u just need to predict a non-toxic turn, unless u run mawile, or metang which wall the most of chimes.

Since few run signal beam, shiftry is usually a safe offensive check, or murkrow lol.

To be honest, calm chimecho is more viable than bold in such a tier, but that just me. And since ppl like to run bold, meh.

I should reformulate what I said tho, the way people are using chimecho isn´t that problematic. I believe it has the stats and support movepool to shine in the tier, but for now, its meh.

Lastly, I guess the shining point of chime is psychic + toxic combo which is annoying to deal with (Edit: and levitate), but we have hypno now tho, so that attribute isnt exclusive to chime anyway.

Edited by pachima
5 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

I see more Calm Toxic Chimes than those Bold CM ones

lol, I seriously dont.

I mean, calm means ez persian sweep, but in the games I see, bold is more dominant, and slightly less versatil than calm. Maybe tough luck on spectating idk.

Just now, Gunthug said:

Hey at least it doesn't have sturdy. Or two stabs 

That's true, but honestly I would easily wall an aggron than a Granbull, thing is unstoppable imo.

Not complaining or anything, just saying there is no safe switch for that dog, iron tail wrecks solrock and shuckle real hard, return shits on bellossom, claydol, and hitmontop, while eq probably 2hko torkoal which doesnt have instant recovery.

Probably fits uber criterias imo, sucks that we're relying on usage stats. 

3 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

That's true, but honestly I would easily wall an aggron than a Granbull, thing is unstoppable imo.

Not complaining or anything, just saying there is no safe switch for that dog, iron tail wrecks solrock and shuckle real hard, return shits on bellossom, claydol, and hitmontop, while eq probably 2hko torkoal which doesnt have instant recovery.

Granbull was NU before and it was fine, NU is a very offensive tier and Granbull doesn't have much to offer with it's very low speed, although we had MisD in the tier back then. I'd opt to see how it will do and in 3 days we will have some opportunity to check it out

4 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

Yeah I 100% see where you're coming from. While I don't think granbull is strong enough to deserve a quick ban, I've always had my doubts even when it used to be in NU and we'll definitely be keeping a close eye on it. My problem with uber criteria is that granbull kind of lacks the speed to do any real sweeping. Its wallbreaking potential rivals aggron for sure, but let's see how it does in the tier for a month and make a decision after that - I've been wrong before about something that looked broken on paper

played nu yesterday and thought "this aggron shit is a bit strong, nearly nothing can wall it reliably besides the ground fish thingy whos name i can never recall and it is only really good for aggron.

logged in today and saw you banned it. good job, glad i dont have to bother these days. keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we open a discussion thread on Granbull? Nonbanded Bull is incredibly strong in this tier, considering all of our "checks" are weak to one of its coverage moves. If we had a dominant ghost type I wouldn't be complaining, but we don't and thus Bulls switch ins are easily predicted and gain no momentum. 

26 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Can we open a discussion thread on Granbull? Nonbanded Bull is incredibly strong in this tier, considering all of our "checks" are weak to one of its coverage moves. If we had a dominant ghost type I wouldn't be complaining, but we don't and thus Bulls switch ins are easily predicted and gain no momentum. 

Just use gastly?? Lol

39 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

But I like 6-0ing teams with it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.