NU Tier Discussion Request Thread

5 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

As long as Meganium, Exegg, Slowking and Plume are in UU and Kingler does not have access to X Scissor, I doubt it will see much use in UU

Gotta double cuz posting from phone (god damn I hate it)

Yeah, but the "usage policy stuff" they prob ll rise it even knowing those hard checks in UU 

5 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Dunno about that, losing Poli makes things a bit safer for Solrock.

Hmm maybe i dont know. Solrock was there just for stop granbul imo. Without Poliwrath, Kingler can hurt. So Kingler will be more popular = Grass pokemons op > With the increase at usage of grass and kingler , maybe we can see sometimes Solrock too yeah.

Edit: Thats mean also some other sleeping monsters can awake. As kabutops or Gligar .

Edited by FinnTheMember
Just now, FinnTheMember said:

Hmm maybe i dont know. Solrock was there just for stop granbul imo. Without Poliwrath, Kingler can hurt. So Kingler will be more popular = Grass pokemons op > With the increase at usage of grass and kingler , maybe we can see sometimes Solrock too yeah.

I think it'll be more Bellossom, less Solrock, if Kingler rises in usage.

30 minutes ago, xStarr said:

Usage in UU was higher than 4.36% 

but it should be locked on Nu, ninetails had been tested in Nu and Uu...had like 0% usage in Uu because there are to many counters...in Nu wasnt a problem to the metagame. Same case will happen with Grumpig (i mean hypno>grumpig)

4 minutes ago, soyhector said:

but it should be locked on Nu, ninetails had been tested in Nu and Uu...had like 0% usage in Uu because there are to many counters...in Nu wasnt a problem to the metagame. Same case will happen with Grumpig (i mean hypno>grumpig)

sadly tiering doesnt work by how stable it is in the lower tier vs the higher tier. if its usage in the higher tier exceeds the mark it needs, then it becomes part of that higher tier. ninetales did that. grumpig and hypno can play different roles. pig is a lot more viable as an offensive poke, as you can see with it's speed and spec attack stat. hypno is generally just a wish poke 

3 minutes ago, DiDi said:

sadly tiering doesnt work by how stable it is in the lower tier vs the higher tier. if its usage in the higher tier exceeds the mark it needs, then it becomes part of that higher tier. ninetales did that. grumpig and hypno can play different roles. pig is a lot more viable as an offensive poke, as you can see with it's speed and spec attack stat. hypno is generally just a wish poke 

if is only for % usage how you said why haryama and kanghascan are not uu?

Just now, soyhector said:

if is only for % usage how you said why haryama and kanghascan are not uu?

because this is for lower to higher, not higher to lower
e: though it does work with higher to lower, unless the poke is banned. you dont get banned from a higher tier

Edited by DiDi
12 minutes ago, soyhector said:

I mean first of all, it has obviously more than 0% usage in UU since both got used more than 4.36% in UU. Ninetales even almost 7%, which isn't a bad usage stat to be fair. Whether or not it is a problem for the NU meta game it's usage in UU shows it is viable in there thus it gets moved up. This is just how tiering goes in this game and I think it's not a bad way of doing it. 

Also trust me, locking in specific pokemon in tiers reallly doesn't work at all in this game. Since the tiers shift so much and different pokemon become more or less viable with each tier change because the meta might slightly change.

1 hour ago, FinnTheMember said:

Edit: Thats mean also some other sleeping monsters can awake. As kabutops or Gligar .

How can the increase usage of grass types awake Kabutops ? LOL

Also, solrock still is a great check for pinsir and scyther, didnt mentioning it resists both stabs of Fearow

4 minutes ago, Risadex said:

How can the increase usage of grass types awake Kabutops ?

Uhm against Poliwrath, Kabutops can do nothing. Like not 1, like zero. This zero which everyones knows = 0 . But against grass types, still has stab rock. Also increase usage of grass types mean is not seeing 6 grass type pokemons in same team :)

Edit: Also Kabutops works against Fearow.

Edited by FinnTheMember
2 hours ago, gbwead said:

I heard a rumor that Corsola was going to rule NU now.

Not Chimecho? ;)

2 hours ago, Deadwind said:

its time to fire powaaaaaahhhhhh 

poli is cancer im happy that shit isnt nu anymore

also

>no love for tangela

I wouldn't say it was cancer but it's not something that holds NU together (Kec). With Kec gone... Id better not say, because Grumpig moved up as well

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.