NU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Kingler? Any fast Super Effective or hard STAB SpAttacker shuts it down(Considering most are faster than it), same goes for Granbull here. If it's a Scarf Kingler it loses most of it's damage output. Not a big deal imo(Unless you like to run 6 walls kek) and Aggron > Solrock, I haven't seen anybody run HP Ground on it yet, but as long as nobody does Aggron is the solid switch-in. Sharpedo is something which might need a ban imo, has speed, high attack damage, coverage and doesn't get walled by Tangela(If Mixed which pretty much everybody runs). Haven't seen a lot of claydols yet, but claydol seems like one of those OP pokemon on paper not sure yet. Glalie isn't too bad either, too bad we don't have a lot of rapid spinners in NU though. 

But yeah, this is pretty much MY opinion about current NU.

39 minutes ago, ShadowGary said:

Kingler? Any fast Super Effective or hard STAB SpAttacker shuts it down(Considering most are faster than it), same goes for Granbull here.

Gary, this is not a definition of an offensive uber. Any Fighting type attack deals with Tyranitar and any Ice Beam deals with Dragonite, but their power is just so huge they cannot be in OU. We are talking here about "what can safely switch on Kingler". While Kingler can switch in NU thanks to it's decent physical bulk and once it's out, it has enough power to dispose of it's so-called counters, making it an offensive uber. What are you talking about is revenge killing- meaning, Kingler already killed something a'ka it already did it's job.

29 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Gary, this is not a definition of an offensive uber. Any Fighting type attack deals with Tyranitar and any Ice Beam deals with Dragonite, but their power is just so huge they cannot be in OU. We are talking here about "what can safely switch on Kingler". While Kingler can switch in NU thanks to it's decent physical bulk and once it's out, it has enough power to dispose of it's so-called counters, making it an offensive uber. What are you talking about is revenge killing- meaning, Kingler already killed something a'ka it already did it's job.

I mean literally almost any SpAttacker shuts it down unlike Dnite and Tyranitar. But I do get your point about it's huge power. I don't like running Poli + Misd either, but for me I haven't had too many problems with it. But I don't like having to run certain pokemon just cause of a certain pokemon who could potentially destroy my team.

E: I feel like Kingler takes away a lot of diversity of the tier, all I see is Poli's and Tangela's nowadays, lol.

Edited by ShadowGary
7 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Lol I still remember so many people uguuing about usage based tiering when absol rose to UU with minimal usage. Just can't please this crowd 

(btw yes I think absol is gonna end up being too strong but my point stands)

these are the people who think they're good at nu though ;)

People are way too fast to judge, Absol was strong in NU before but I wouldn't exactly say it was OP, of course now we have new items it's a different case but there are things that hard wall Absol. It only got moved because some jack asses used it in UU before making it go up by usage.

Edited by KaynineXL
3 minutes ago, lFrankiel said:

Im kinda new in this Game and im not sure about what i gonna ask but , what do you guys think about hypno being UU now? Who's gonna protect us from special attackers like gorebyss or kadabra? Any option ?

Raichu will probably be the most dominant sp wall now, even when Hypno was here it could compete to take that spot. Jynx made Raichu less viable but since that got removed it's been fairly dominant.

Other than that, Grumpig will be decent, although you want to be careful of Absol.

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Raichu will probably be the most dominant sp wall now, even when Hypno was here it could compete to take that spot. Jynx made Raichu less viable but since that got removed it's been fairly dominant.

Other than that, Grumpig will be decent, although you want to be careful of Absol.

most orb spattker shits on raichu imo, hypno will be missed 

Just now, BlackJovi said:

most orb spattker shits on raichu imo, hypno will be missed 

Well, which ones? Xatu gets rekt, Trode will lose, Ebuzz will lose, Gorebyss will lose, Golduck will lose, Walrein will lose although it gets a bit sketchy, fortunately you're faster if you want to try nuke it, Kadabra can win if modest orb/specs although with scarf Absols/fearows I don't think it's too big of an issue, Misdreavus gets rekt. Victreebel can be stalled unless Growth which it would lose to. The standard mixed/sp atk Raichus will also lose.

Overall, it walls almost everything, with something to support it slightly it would be solid. Also, I'm not sold on Kingler getting banned, I'v always thought it wasn't as good as everyone makes it out to be, maybe I'm just yet to witness being swept by one, but for the most part I never see it do anything special against me.

1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

Well, which ones? Xatu gets rekt, Trode will lose, Ebuzz will lose, Gorebyss will lose, Golduck will lose, Walrein will lose although it gets a bit sketchy, fortunately you're faster if you want to try nuke it, Kadabra can win if modest orb/specs although with scarf Absols/fearows I don't think it's too big of an issue, Misdreavus gets rekt. Victreebel can be stalled unless Growth which it would lose to. The standard mixed/sp atk Raichus will also lose.

Overall, it walls almost everything, with something to support it slightly it would be solid. Also, I'm not sold on Kingler getting banned, I'v always thought it wasn't as good as everyone makes it out to be, maybe I'm just yet to witness being swept by one, but for the most part I never see it do anything special against me.

+1 252 SpA Life Orb Xatu Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Raichu: 102-120 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

what do you mean, imo not reliable 
3 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:
+1 252 SpA Life Orb Xatu Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Raichu: 102-120 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

what do you mean, imo not reliable 

Yeh but you're getting dunked as well

0 Atk Raichu Volt Tackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xatu: 168-198 (120 - 141.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not to mention Absol is a thing, so you want to be real careful about using psychics, especially obvious ones now that scarf Absol is a thing.

On 08/07/2016 at 0:41 PM, KaynineXL said:

Yeh but you're getting dunked as well

0 Atk Raichu Volt Tackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xatu: 168-198 (120 - 141.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not to mention Absol is a thing, so you want to be real careful about using psychics, especially obvious ones now that scarf Absol is a thing.

Xatu would be faster if your running bulky Raichu

2 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

You come in with Raichu while the Xatu CMs though. Xatu can't ohko Raichu at +1, but Raichu can ohko the Xatu.

Raichu dies to Volt Tackle recoil though, meaning you will have to sac your Raichu. Indirectly meaning that Xatu doesn't shit on it, but does take it out.

11 minutes ago, ShadowGary said:

Raichu dies to Volt Tackle recoil though, meaning you will have to sac your Raichu. Indirectly meaning that Xatu doesn't shit on it, but does take it out.

That's why I said "You will get dunked as well"

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Honestly though, without Hitmontop, there really is no reliable answer to Absol. It can very well get a kill every turn it's in against an offensive or defensive team so long as its opponent is slower. 

impish poli doesnt? seems like every1 runs that for sharp anyways

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.