NU Tier Discussion Request Thread

23 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

People that want Chimecho banned are just bad NU players

Or maybe they realised that Chimecho is actually ridiculously close to fitting defensive/support uber characteristics. With a good ability, great defensive and offensive stats, access to recover, CM and Heal Bell, Chimecho is nearly impossible to punish without a lot of scouting and a good matchup. It ain't vulnerable to spikes, so you can't really pressure it with constant switches. Nearly nothing that ain't banded can 2hko it. Its best counter Murkrow is quite awful. It's not as bad as being forced to play Hitmontop in OU if Ttar was OU, but we aren't that far from that.

Edited by gbwead

Also, regarding donphan and granbull: Bellossom is on 450% of teams. I swear Ive seen teams with 2 bellossoms in it, so offensive donphan will be walled to death (And even there, I have my doubts) 

A defensive set is imo much more worth the slot consumed, but either way, it doesnt deserve a ban.

Granbull, however, is one of those awesome leads that almost force the opponent to bring a counter for itself right at the lead. Since NU atm is all the same, and where the lead is one of the things one cant really predict, granbull is a big minus for all this. Offensively wise, there are virtually no wall capable of entering safely on a predicted move by this beast so, rip balance. Intimidate even makes all worse, given that this beast can switch in against some less powere physical moves with no harm at all.

10 hours ago, gbwead said:

Or maybe they realised that Chimecho is actually ridiculously close to fitting defensive/support uber characteristics. With a good ability, great defensive and offensive stats, access to recover, CM and Heal Bell, Chimecho is nearly impossible to punish without a lot of scouting and a good matchup. It ain't vulnerable to spikes, so you can't really pressure it with constant switches. Nearly nothing that ain't banded can 2hko it. It's best counter Murkrow is quite awful. It's not as bad as being forced to play Hitmontop in OU if Ttar was OU, but we aren't that far from that.

I think the special defensive set is the only Chimecho set that is actually proper to use. Using bold lacks having an outstanding defensive stat and it gets 2HKOd by most offensive pokemons then. Calm mind set isnt used much. If you really think Chimecho is annoying you can use Calm Mind Xatu or Sub Disable Gastly (dont switxh gastly on a psychic ofc. Gastly beats Chimecho, Bellosom and can also switch on Granbull (immune to normal fighting and ground).

36 minutes ago, pachima said:

cough cough granbull cough cough

Its not forgotten, don't worry.

5 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

so 4th? or 5th? move for hypno in the last 8 months?

Lol, probably, it was locked for at least 2 of those months into UU.

41 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Wasnt there a rule that if a pokemon moves up from let's NU to UU it has to stay UU for atleast 2 months?

Pretty sure Cacturne went from NU to UU last month.

Also Poliwrath still UU :(

It was locked into UU for 2 months yes but recently became unlocked again, also what are you doing to me I thought we forgot a movement @Poliwrath, you can't scare me like that man.

4 hours ago, pachima said:

I think sharpedo is well in UU. You can rly switch into it with our NU tier.

Sharpedo was at 3.85% in UU, so currently it would be defined as BL2. Poliwrath not being NU was the main determining factor that made sharpedo not suitable to be in NU. 

3 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Sharpedo was at 3.85% in UU, so currently it would be defined as BL2. Poliwrath not being NU was the main determining factor that made sharpedo not suitable to be in NU. 

Damn, I agree with you. Somehow the I forgot the "t" so to make the sentence negative.

4 hours ago, pachima said:

Also, regarding donphan and granbull: Bellossom is on 450% of teams. I swear Ive seen teams with 2 bellossoms in it, so offensive donphan will be walled to death (And even there, I have my doubts) 

A defensive set is imo much more worth the slot consumed, but either way, it doesnt deserve a ban.

Granbull, however, is one of those awesome leads that almost force the opponent to bring a counter for itself right at the lead. Since NU atm is all the same, and where the lead is one of the things one cant really predict, granbull is a big minus for all this. Offensively wise, there are virtually no wall capable of entering safely on a predicted move by this beast so, rip balance. Intimidate even makes all worse, given that this beast can switch in against some less powere physical moves with no harm at all.

donphan/bellossom core op af 

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.