NU Tier Discussion Request Thread

The funny thing is my granbull has fire punch specifically for steelix back when it was introduced to UU. With that being said I found far greater success with granbull as a supportive role with heal bell in NU. Sadly that kind of option was only useable in NU, mainly due to UU having the most supportive pokemon such as lantern/ampharos. Its sad to see such specific movesets destroy the creativity of pokemon by forcing it into an environment where it has to run that specific moveset otherwise it is severally outclassed. It is a sad day for NU and the creativity of the NU tier as a whole.

Edited by Elliasal
typo :P
2 hours ago, Elliasal said:

The funny thing is my granbull has fire punch specifically for steelix back when it was introduced to UU. With that being said I found far greater success with granbull as a supportive role with heal bell in NU. Sadly that kind of option was only useable in NU, mainly due to UU having the most supportive pokemon such as lantern/ampharos. Its sad to see such specific movesets destroy the creativity of pokemon by forcing it into an environment where it has to run that specific moveset otherwise it is severally outclassed. It is a sad day for NU and the creativity of the NU tier as a whole.

I know Unown pressures earthquake Granbull rly hard. I even made a post about how hard it pressures, but eq> fire punch for steelix.

5 hours ago, Elliasal said:

fireblast/overheat

• 2 weeks later...

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshtomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix: 92-110 (50.5 - 60.4%) -- 87.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers 

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshtomp Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solrock: 134-162 (68 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshtomp Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solrock: 114-136 (57.8 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshtomp Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 66-80 (51.9 - 62.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshtomp Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mantine: 142-168 (73.9 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

eaz? @gbwead

8 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshtomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix: 92-110 (50.5 - 60.4%) -- 87.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers 

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshtomp Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solrock: 134-162 (68 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshtomp Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solrock: 114-136 (57.8 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshtomp Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 66-80 (51.9 - 62.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshtomp Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mantine: 142-168 (73.9 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

eaz? @gbwead

boy why do i wanna get one now :weary:

On 22.9.2017 at 12:44 AM, Gunthug said:

How's omastar doing? 

There are enough Water Absorb mons + Kecleon to keep the sweeper Omastar in check. Due to the difficulty of sweeping with Omastar I have yet to see a Rain Dance Omastar in a match but I have seen multiple Specs Omas. The Spikes set obviously remains as viable as ever and it's kinda scary the main spinner (Torkoal) is weak to STAB Surf but I wouldn't call Omastar anything broken. I'd say it's like a A+ mon, not even S.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, now that Omastar has a Misdreavus as a spinblocker this combo could become so ridiculously overused in this metagame. Glalie to me seems much inferior Spiker because Torkoal counters it hard while Omastar can set up Spikes much more easily not having to be worried about the only viable spinner moving in.

But whatevs, update soon who cares

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.