NU Tier Discussion Request Thread

2 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

Uhm against Poliwrath, Kabutops can do a lot. Like not 1, but 3hko. This 3 which everyone knows poli can´t switch against .

252+ SpA Life Orb Kabutops Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Poliwrath: 88-104 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Tru.

5 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

Uhm against Poliwrath, Kabutops can do nothing. Like not 1, like zero. This zero which everyones knows = 0 . But against grass types, still has stab rock. Also increase usage of grass types mean is not seeing 6 grass type pokemons in same team :)

Edit: Also Kabutops works against Fearow.

Well it would work as late game cleaner, but there is already late game cleans with scarf kabutops. Maybe rain teams ll appear more often, however.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GBush said:

Honestly I wouldn't even be upset about it. You could use sturdy sudowoodo instead.

I don't know how much you know about NU, but you can't compare less bulky, slower, with worse movepool Sudowoodo to Aggron. If it would be good, Sudowoodo would be used already in a non-aggron meta.

15 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I don't know how much you know about NU, but you can't compare less bulky, slower, with worse movepool Sudowoodo to Aggron. If it would be good, Sudowoodo would be used already in a non-aggron meta.

I was trying to distract from the fact Id probably use Lairon. And sudowoodo was the only thing that came to mind first with sturdy. Also graveller has it. 

But I am quite familiar with NU. Its my favorite tier.

16 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Disrespectin nu god smh

Can we like, ban Aggron? Seriously with this movepool it's too much for the tier, even it's so called counter Whiscash isn't able to wall it due to lack of reliable recovery and it gets- I think- 3 shoted with CB EQ.

Deserves at least a discussion, ability, movepool, base stats and typing imo are a bit too much for our current NU.

Aggron is pretty gay, but it's also an ez switch against some of the other gay shit we have in the tier. It's one of those pokes you enjoy using but not facing because it will restrict your teambuilding options in order to handle it more safely. Anyways, I could stand having to bring a Poliwrath whenever I felt I would face an Aggron, cuz Water Absorb + Defensive Typing + Bulk allowed it to stop other stuff outside of Aggron (Kabutops / Kingler / Mixed Flareon / etc). Whiscash is just ass at trying to copy what Poliwrath used to do because it just lacks most of the stuff Poliwrath had going, not to mention anything carrying HP Grass will smack it.

Pretty much what I mean with this post is, ban Aggron so I'm not "forced" to place a shitty wall such as Whiscash on my team just to check it.

1 hour ago, LifeStyle said:

Aggron is pretty gay, but it's also an ez switch against some of the other gay shit we have in the tier. It's one of those pokes you enjoy using but not facing because it will restrict your teambuilding options in order to handle it more safely. Anyways, I could stand having to bring a Poliwrath whenever I felt I would face an Aggron, cuz Water Absorb + Defensive Typing + Bulk allowed it to stop other stuff outside of Aggron (Kabutops / Kingler / Mixed Flareon / etc). Whiscash is just ass at trying to copy what Poliwrath used to do because it just lacks most of the stuff Poliwrath had going, not to mention anything carrying HP Grass will smack it.

Pretty much what I mean with this post is, ban Aggron so I'm not "forced" to place a shitty wall such as Whiscash on my team just to check it.

Poliwrath isn't an amazing answer to aggron, compared to whiscash anyways, since it has that weakness to thunderpunch which will do a solid 45-50%, a guaranteed 3hko. Poliwrath is also pretty easy bait for roselia/qwilfish, while whiscash hits roselia neutrally for decent damage (especially if sp def), and hits qwilfish super effectively. Whiscash also handles electric types that don't have hp grass. The main downside of whiscash would be not being able to handle kingler, otherwise it's pretty good considering poliwrath's dark/water resist isn't necessary with sharpedo in UU still (and poliwrath is UU too anyways). 

That being said, an aggron discussion thread will probably come out in a few days. 

1 hour ago, LifeStyle said:

Pls, Cb thunderpunch in NU is really not that spammable, I also remember some Polis using Ice Punch for the Victree/Roselia switches

> Not running hp grass on elec types

>hp grass vs roselia/victreebel/bellossom/gligar/camerupt/tropius. If hitting whiscash is more important than hitting grass types or gligar, then maybe whiscash isn't that bad actually. 

7 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

>hp grass vs roselia/victreebel/bellossom/gligar/camerupt/tropius. If hitting whiscash is more important than hitting grass types or gligar, then maybe whiscash isn't that bad actually. 

Surf Raichu hits Gligar/Camel, Sig Beam hits Grass types for at least neutral, Electabuzz learns Ice Punch/Sig Beam/Psychic so it can easily run HP Grass too without losing coverage. Imo probs the one elec type where Ice is more useful is the Toxic Sub Trode set.

• 2 weeks later...
On Mon Apr 10 2017 at 11:31 AM, pachima said:

There is a simple mindset when it comes to face aggron.

Use something it cannot wall rather than something that tries to wall it.

EZ af.

On a sidenote: Ban this fucker, golem is discussed to leave UU and doesnt even have stab iron tail.

No it got stab eq fam

• 5 weeks later...

So, right now there are 2 major pokemon that are limiting my team building in NU, those being aggron and chimeco. I'm more curious as to how some of the other players are handling these pokemon. Aggron doesn't really have a perfect switch in for it, whiscash probably being the safest switch but it lacks an instant recovery move. As for chimeco, the variety of sets it can run and massive bulk/support just seems too good not to use in the current meta.

11 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

So, right now there are 2 major pokemon that are limiting my team building in NU, those being aggron and chimeco. I'm more curious as to how some of the other players are handling these pokemon. Aggron doesn't really have a perfect switch in for it, whiscash probably being the safest switch but it lacks an instant recovery move. As for chimeco, the variety of sets it can run and massive bulk/support just seems too good not to use in the current meta.

CB pursuit Metang/CM Sig Beam Rest Xatu or Girafa/CB Aggron are probs the best chimecho switchins.

CB Aggron is gay but it can be played around with the right predicts, scariest move it carries has 75% acc so theres always that risk in spamming it. Whiscash is the safest switch but honestly you can predict the turn it rests and bring something else to setup on it, or Bold Roselia and lay spikes which will make Whiscash job at handling Aggron a bit harder.

I think the 2 major reasons Aggron is used so much are having Sturdy and being a free switch vs Chimecho (unless some anti-Aggron set like random HP Ground/Fight lure), otherwise Aggron really can't come in on anything else due to its huge amount of weaknesses, Aggron is only scary once it gets a free hit and switching vs Chimecho provides it just that.

42 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

i play around aggron, i dont play straight VS it. you can expect to see aggron as a lead if your opponent is playing it CB, so scout its move or switch to a resist etc, it doesnt have to limit teambuilding as long as you have something for its moves, not specifically 1 poke

also for chimecho, like lifestyle said, metang and a non cb aggron are the best. if you plan on using mawile for whatever reason you can stall it out with that too, as long as you're prepped for muk it shouldnt be a problem 

Edited by DiDi

This just proves how narrowminded ppl in this game are.

The boost on chimecho, although quite welcomed for it, certainly isn´t able to rocket his usage from a never unknown pokemon to a fucking 130% used in the tier.

The sole reason ppl started to think about it, made it reach higher usage that it ever should (Not saying its not that good now, just it was already good before)

However, this comes with a price. Meta changed, and despite the numerous checks to most of our chimechos anyway, most of them, despite being really usable in the tier, are not used or used for the wrong means (Besides aggron)

What happened in this case is that people forgot to adapt to the change (Unlike what happened to snorlax in OU).

Lifestyle listed all of the checks he thought they were the best to handle chimecho. Geez, I legit dont run one of a single mon of those, and yet I never, or rarely ever had problems dealing with chimecho, this just to show you there are plenty of ways to get rid of it. Granted it is annoying, but that´s the job of a wall pokemon anyway.

Despite this, NU´s defensive core is the same as it was before (with chime added) and its offensive one didn´t change the slightly, despite the tier undoubtedly changed.

Aggron on another note, is not hard to play around, but it´s gay to force people into running something they wouldn´t ever run( defensive whiscash, pursuit hitmontop, bla bla) just because of it.

Also, in a game where the lead pokemon is one decisive factor, and probably the only where people can see more versatility, seeing 90% lead aggrons and 10% lead aggrons counter doesnt seem very healthy at all.

Feel free to disagree, this is just my opinion.

29 minutes ago, pachima said:

Lifestyle listed all of the checks he thought they were the best to handle chimecho. Geez, I legit dont run one of a single mon of those, and yet I never, or rarely ever had problems dealing with chimecho, this just to show you there are plenty of ways to get rid of it.

I know you are creative, but if you want to show that there are plenty of ways of dealing with chimeco, you should probably list the pokemons you had in mind - unless you want to keep them secret.

7 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I know you are creative, but if you want to show that there are plenty of ways of dealing with chimeco, you should probably list the pokemons you had in mind - unless you want to keep them secret.

My Murkrow "THUG LIFE" killed quite a few of Chimechos

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.