[COMP] Implement Additional Gen 3 Pokemon

DoubleJ

Question

So the competitive community has been at one another's throats for over two years now because we have an incomplete meta and with each new change more and more imbalance when it comes to team building. Our ban-list has gotten to an insane number and is only looking to increase as we are stuck in a place where something just has to change. I mean we are currently suspect testing Blissey and Snorlax, two pokemon that were both deemed as non-uber. Although because of their affect on our unstable meta, we have to look into that possibility.

So what would change this? Well implementation of key pokemon such as the legendary dogs, the legendary birds, celebi, jirachi, the Regi's, and Milotic. 

These listed pokemon are standard to the Gen 3 and Gen 4 competitive scenes. In my opinion they would help to provide balance to our unstable meta and offer additional options to ensure we don't grow stale in our team building.

If you choose to implement them in a fun "MMO" style format such as legendary dungeons well go for it, but I would prefer having these available as random spawns in the wild as the Legendary Dogs used to. 

The dungeons should be reserved for the true Uber legendaries like Mewtwo, Mew, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Latias, and Latios. I mean, that's a pretty extensive list that would still be fun to have as special catches for further end-game content. All of these likely wouldn't see the light of day in our OU meta because of their above average characteristics. The other pokes I listed though are like sub-category legends that would benefit the OU meta and really help to end what I like to think of as the "bloodshed" in comp alley. 

If anything, just consider this. 

16 answers to this question

i mean, i would love for the legends to be here tomorrow, but i dont think this is the right way.this would seriously undermine the dungeons as a meta game.

imo dungeons>>>>>>>possibility of a more balanced meta game sooner.

Well as stated, there are still plenty of opportunity for the dungeons with the numerous uber legendaries we don't need in ou
the leggendary must be implemented like mewtwo,
there NO and there will NO be possibility of obtaining permanently.

But rather than opens thinking to implement leggendary think it's time that the staff must be looking to expand the world of pokemmo implementing new continent.
Edited by druido890

the leggendary must be implemented like mewtwo,
there NO and there will NO be possibility of obtaining permanently.

But rather than opens thinking to implement leggendary think it's time that the staff must be looking to expand the world of pokemmo implementing new continent.

You know, there are legendaries that would not be too broken in OU or even UU, such as Zapdos, Suicune, etc.

Whilst we care deeply about the meta game (as is apparent with the upholding of the Official Tier Council), rushing the implementation of anything is generally a bad idea.

Fred put it fairly well above; the meta game may have to hold on a little longer as the possibility for more content is generally more important and 'just uber' legendaries doesn't fit in with what we have planned.

I don't think anyone could even hope to guess how much their implementation would revive the competitive scene... not to mention making playing much more enjoyable. 

or die like a month after like hoenn and all its new comps

I kinda don't like the idea of everyone running around with a legendary sprite behind them like it's nothing. In single player those are "one time only", yes, but not here anymore and would kinda ruin the idea of them being "legendary". I kinda get it they could be rare or very hard to get to make them to stand out from normal Pokemon but if a Pokemon is really hard to catch then it just makes the game even more of a grindfest - basically if you wanna do fine in OU metagame you need to hunt them. (inb4 they implement them because I said more farming, anyways)

I don't think OU or this game is in a horrible state with 3 Pokemon found Uberworthy and 2 banned due to being unhealthy. It's pretty thin for any Uber list, even in a game like this in my opinion. We cannot be entirely sure that these additions would even balance out the metagame, to be honest. We cannot compare this game to ADV OU anymore since Salamence and Dragonite for example have physical Dragon Claw which I would argue spamming power is just too good even with Suicune, Regirock or physical Regice existing. We can't be sure. Only thing you could argue for is that Special Defensive tanks would have more competition compared to what we had now but it's the only guaranteed positive things to metagame.

As much as I want to see more Pokemon, those are never a negative thing to any metagame but legendaries are kinda a concept in MMO that I wouldn't want to be consumables. It's just seems kinda... I don't know. Ruining the whole idea of them.

Milotic though? Please gib.

I kinda don't like the idea of everyone running around with a legendary sprite behind them like it's nothing. In single player those are "one time only", yes, but not here anymore and would kinda ruin the idea of them being "legendary". I kinda get it they could be rare or very hard to get to make them to stand out from normal Pokemon but if a Pokemon is really hard to catch then it just makes the game even more of a grindfest - basically if you wanna do fine in OU metagame you need to hunt them. (inb4 they implement them because I said more farming, anyways)

I don't think OU or this game is in a horrible state with 3 Pokemon found Uberworthy and 2 banned due to being unhealthy. It's pretty thin for any Uber list, even in a game like this in my opinion. We cannot be entirely sure that these additions would even balance out the metagame, to be honest. We cannot compare this game to ADV OU anymore since Salamence and Dragonite for example have physical Dragon Claw which I would argue spamming power is just too good even with Suicune, Regirock or physical Regice existing. We can't be sure. Only thing you could argue for is that Special Defensive tanks would have more competition compared to what we had now but it's the only guaranteed positive things to metagame.

As much as I want to see more Pokemon, those are never a negative thing to any metagame but legendaries are kinda a concept in MMO that I wouldn't want to be consumables. It's just seems kinda... I don't know. Ruining the whole idea of them.

Milotic though? Please gib.

I get that, but there is a definite tier in Legendary Pokemon. As OldKeith said, there are Legendaries that would even fit the UU archetype. While it might not be an answer to STAB CB Dragon Claw (I agree here), it should provide additional diversity at the top of the list. 

Implementaiton of legendaries like Mewtwo is basically worthless in many ways and offers nothing to even an MMO. You have Mewtwo for a few matches and poof it's gone. No reward, no drops, no special note on your trainer card, nothing. Just the experience of saying, ya I sat in the cave once and found it, or ya, I beat that nub who had it with my Lvl 100s. 

Here's to hoping that they provide us with a few permanent legendary drops that can actually be used by everyone.