[PSL] PokeMMO Super League Season 3 - The Spheals are supreme champions!

the people that arent going to show up and play arent going to show up and play no matter what we do. the people who are going to show up and play are going to clear enough time so they can play for a while in case of delays, stall wars, ect...

you are insinuating that best/3 will increase the number of no shows, but there is no evidence. nothng besides "i think that's how it'd work".

however, in vgc best/3 was actually done. i went through the threads and only 2 were labeled "no contest" and one match labeled "no show short of" out of the 27 (or 81 depending on how you count best/3). now there could of been more where one player was awarded winner with nothing in op to show, however if you care that much have fun re reading thousands of post cause im not going to.

what these results seem to imply is best/3 matches have the same or better show up ratio then the other tiers, however not enough data for it to be a fact.

lol fred, the pokemmo tiers like OU and UU would require a MUCH larger time commitment than VGC. Shit, individual OU matches often last for an hour. You're talking the possibility of 2-3 hours a week just for one category. Are you gonna do all that at one time? Will you break it up if someone has to run after match 2? Then you gotta schedule another match, finding time that fits both players' schedules - sounds like an enormous hassle that you're advocating for just because you got haxed. You've got your salt blinders on, man, this isn't rocket science

lol fred, the pokemmo tiers like OU and UU would require a MUCH larger time commitment than VGC. Shit, individual OU matches often last for an hour. You're talking the possibility of 2-3 hours a week just for one category. Are you gonna do all that at one time? Will you break it up if someone has to run after match 2? Then you gotta schedule another match, finding time that fits both players' schedules - sounds like an enormous hassle that you're advocating for just because you got haxed. You've got your salt blinders on, man, this isn't rocket science

OU/UU can sometimes take an hour or more. but this is not the norm. most matches take a average of 15-20 minutes. since literally every comp player plays tourneys which are generally 32 man meaning 5 rounds or 5 matches long, your argument "two pokemmo players cant clear 1-3 hours a week to play pokemmo" seems somewhat flawed. especially since hundreds of hours go into making the comp teams in the first place.

as for "salt blinders"

this isnt even originally my idea. jj suggested it months ago https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/14180-event-suggestions-feedback/?p=1035292

and even then he got it form someone else. many people including you

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/14180-event-suggestions-feedback/?p=1036363

said it was a good idea. before the first psl match i said "hey lets do this". i have literally been saying this all season.

there is no reason not to do this and there was no reason not to have been doing this.

This applies to any tier:

aab793d00180c9dc9e485269c0456dc1.png

There are reasons. The simple time investment it takes is enough of a reason. Not only does it mean players will take around 1-2 hours to play all their 3 matches, it also means they have to find a time to play 3 matches which is way harder than finding a timeframe to play 1 match. You're also acting like PSL is the only thing people will be doing when they log on. Some people only have a few hours a week to play the game, if they have to sacrifice half of that for the PSL it isn't that fun anymore.

Not only that but this is a big tournament. You're not the only one on your team playing. If you get haxed, chances are one of your teammates got favorable hax. Which is why the 'best of 3 evens chances' is not applicable to a format like PSL, except for a hax heavy and surprise-reliant VGC. You are not 'out' of the league if you lose your match. Nor are you out of the league when you lose two matches, like Single -and Double Elimination tournaments. This is a long running tournament and that is why best of 3 is completely unnecessary for most tiers.

I lost to hax, sure it sucks. But the same week Frexa got a turn one freeze on Heracross that helped him win a game. I made some mistakes in my own game too, I could've made plays that could let me win. Analyzing that sort of thing is how you get better. Even in Doubles this is the case. I've seen like 3 of your PSL Doubles battles and there were certainly plays you could've thought through more thoroughly, I hope you see that too. Focus on that rather than trying to get BO3 on every tier. I couldn't do a BO3 on Doubles because we already had a few weeks that were single matches. I would be considering it for PSL4 if it would ever happen.

Edited by ThinkNice

Spheal Team 6 (4) vs (4) uguu Name Inc.

OU1: Frags vs SpartacusGD

OU2: Glumac vs FABBROoo

UU1: Kizhaz vs DestructX

UU2: Fredrichnietze vs xSparkie

Doubles: DrCraig vs uncleGYP

ADV OU: ThinkNice vs Barrage

DPP OU: Frexa vs Robofiend

VGC 2015: Telf (1) vs (2) imabetheverybest

wut the heck is dis.

Edited by Imabetheverybest1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.